Windows 10: the 'other' folder in storage

Discus and support the 'other' folder in storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I suddenly found that folder "other" full (or nearly full) this impairs the storage of my computer, how do I delete all that volume (402GB in my case)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by McRhum, Sep 11, 2019.

1. McRhum Win User

the 'other' folder in storage

I suddenly found that folder "other" full (or nearly full) this impairs the storage of my computer, how do I delete all that volume (402GB in my case) so I regain my computer use

:)

McRhum, Sep 11, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Importing Storage Folders from WLM to Windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern, see the steps below:

• Create the folders; then, go to one of your storage folders.
    • Select all; then, drag them to the online folder. (It will sync over to your Windows 10 app via the online email service).

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Files folders and storage

Hi Peter,

We need more information to be bale to help you better with this issue. Are you facing any issues when saving the word documents or when composing any documents?

If the issue is with saving documents, where are you trying to save them and what is the error message displayed?

I would suggest you to check if the users folder is displayed as "read only'. Open File Explorer, click on the driver where windows is installed, and open the users folder. Right click on the users folder, and then check in the general tab, if it is shown
    as 'read only'. If yes, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are

located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child

object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click

Ok.

Bennet Martin, Sep 11, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. the 'other' folder in storage - Similar Threads - 'other' folder storage

2. Windows Storage > 'Other People'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Storage > 'Other People': I am trying to free up space on my Windows 11 laptop.When one navigates to > System > Storage > Other People, my system tells me there is 29.9 GB see screenshot 1 being used up. There is an option to select 'Manage other people'. When one clicks on that, it takes you to the...
  3. Windows Storage > 'Other People'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Storage > 'Other People': I am trying to free up space on my Windows 11 laptop.When one navigates to > System > Storage > Other People, my system tells me there is 29.9 GB see screenshot 1 being used up. There is an option to select 'Manage other people'. When one clicks on that, it takes you to the...
  4. Other folder in storage has taking my space in PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other folder in storage has taking my space in PC: Hello guys I using Lenovo V14-IWL with 222 SSD and 2TB HDD with 8GB RAM and the Other folder has taking up large space. Could we fix this issue?...
  5. Other folder in storage has taking my space in PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other folder in storage has taking my space in PC: Hello guys I using Lenovo V14-IWL with 222 SSD and 2TB HDD with 8GB RAM and the Other folder has taking up large space. Could we fix this issue?...
  6. Windows 10 Update and Storage "Others" Folder ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update and Storage "Others" Folder ?: HELP :Running Windows 10 Home V1909 I am unable to update Windows last successful update was in June so I can't restore. I had an error message that there was not enough diskspace, so I followed the Fixing Low Disk Space instructions Low Disk Space error due to a full Temp...
  7. Can't delete WindowsApps and other backup folders from storage drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't delete WindowsApps and other backup folders from storage drive: I recently created a backup or restore point (im not sure which at this point) But it has created several folders, namely: Program Files, WindowsApps and WpSystem, all of which are in my secondary hard drive. Windows does not recognize that I have a backup (or some remains...
  8. The ¨Other¨ binder in storage

The ¨Other¨ binder in storage: When I go to storage, and open RECOVERY (D:) the ¨Other¨ binder is the one occupying all my storage. I really want to know what is means by Other, so I can erase unnecessary things and have more storage. Thank you!...
  9. [FILES, FOLDERS & STORAGE] Cannot open a file with other endings..

[FILES, FOLDERS & STORAGE] Cannot open a file with other endings..: Nemohu otevřít soubor s jinými koncovkami .. např WINRAR - .rar Klepnul jsem na pravé tlačítko myši a zvolil (a) "otevřít v aplikaci" a zvolil (a) WINRAR jako výchozí. Pokusil jsem se otevřít další soubor .rar - ikona byla stejná. níže - vyskočil "aplikace se nemůže...
  10. Storage and other users

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage and other users: Hi Everyone I am new to this so please bear with. I am trying to reduce my hard disk size as it is full and I have looked endlessly at the web for an answer and hopefully a fix for my problem. No luck. When I go into my storage This pc (c*Smile and look to see what is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to see the other folders in storage