Windows 10: The Outer Worlds - Error 0x803F8001 On Launch From Microsoft Store

Discus and support The Outer Worlds - Error 0x803F8001 On Launch From Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Bought this 4 days ago through the XBOX Game Pass for PC. Downloaded and played for the next three days no problem, really enjoying it. Played last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LordValentai, Oct 30, 2019.

1. The Outer Worlds - Error 0x803F8001 On Launch From Microsoft Store

Bought this 4 days ago through the XBOX Game Pass for PC. Downloaded and played for the next three days no problem, really enjoying it. Played last night, saved, shut down the PC.

This morning when I opened it I got as far as the 'Press Any Key' before it gave me this message:

" The Outer Worlds is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001"

This now comes up whenever I try to load the game instantly. No changes to software or hardware were made between last night and tonight.

I've seen online people had issues with other games through the game pass, but no suggestions I've tried have fixed. I've seen suggestions for other games to change my country to United States, tried that to no effect.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve?

Thanks!

:)

LordValentai, Oct 30, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Diego Rios_06, Oct 30, 2019
  4. The Outer Worlds - Error 0x803F8001 On Launch From Microsoft Store

Can't launch Gears of War 4 on Windows 10 with error code: 0x803f8001

Hi Dan,

The error code 0x803f8001 may occur when launching your games if you are not connected to Xbox Live. To resolve your concern, check if the

Xbox Live Service status
    is up running.

We also recommend that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

After installing the updates, reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

If the issue persists, re-register the Windows Store by performing the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Paste the following command: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    • You should see a progress bar that re-register the Windows Store on your computer
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
    • Launch the game again.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

The Outer Worlds - Error 0x803F8001 On Launch From Microsoft Store

1. The Outer Worlds - Error 0x803F8001 On Launch From Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Outer Worlds Error

2. Can't install The Outer Worlds from Windows Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install The Outer Worlds from Windows Store: I need help with game "The Outer Worlds" available in Game Pass for PC. I was having trouble with the game today when I tried to run the game I was forwarded to "Games" application description for some reason, game itself didn't launch so I decided to reinstall the game....
  3. Unable to Download The Outer Worlds from Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Download The Outer Worlds from Windows Store: I recently uninstalled The Outer Worlds to make room for other games. I tried to redownload it yesterday and both the Windows Store and the Xbox Beta app keep throwing error 0x80073d0d. I have downloaded other games to see if the error extended to all downloads. I...
  4. The Outer Worlds does not launch anymore

The Outer Worlds does not launch anymore: I bought The Outer Worlds on October 24, 2019 and had some trouble downloading it. After updating my computer, the game was installed and I was able to play. I played the game for a little while until just recently December 3, 2019 the desktop icon for the game disappeared....
  5. Error while opening The Outer Worlds via Microsoft Store

Error while opening The Outer Worlds via Microsoft Store: [ATTACH] First time having this issue, every other game opens fine in the Microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-while-opening-the-outer-worlds-via-microsoft/529bbd2d-4254-4161-a6e2-926a88327481"
  6. can't install outer worlds from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install outer worlds from microsoft store: the system requirements says the game requires windows version 18362.0 or higher so i clicked the link to install the new update, installed it, restarted and it says im still using the previous version (17124.1184) before the install, but when going into setting it says im...
  7. The Outer Worlds launches windows app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Outer Worlds launches windows app store: Been playing on The Outer Worlds with no issues for the last couple of weeks. However the game now no longer launches, upon trying to play the game the app opens up the windows gaming services page on the windows app store. It's pretty frustrating not being able to play the...
  8. The outer worlds wont launch

The outer worlds wont launch: The other day i noticed the outer worlds icon disappeared from my taskbar where i'd pinned it. the space is there and when i right click it it shows outer worlds. when i try to launch from there or the windows store, nothing happens...
  9. The Outer Worlds won't launch at all

The Outer Worlds won't launch at all: I have done everything I have seen to try to fix this problem, I have the game pass, installed the game (which took forever) from the microsoft store. Opens for a couple seconds then back to the desktop screen. I've tried the CMD prompt ****, I've tried running as Admin, I've...
  10. Outer Worlds is not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outer Worlds is not launching: Played just fine the last couple of days, but for some reason it is not launching at all. I have tried launching from the Xbox app, Microsoft Store, the Start menu pin and task bar pin. There are no failed launches in the Task Manager. It isn't even trying to start up the...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the outer worlds is currently not available in your account. here’s the error code in case you need it: 0x803f8001

2. code: 0x87e0000d

3. the outer worlds 0x803f8001

4. outer worlds unable to launch xbox game pass,
  5. outer worlds error when launching c ,
  6. Check the Windows Store for more info about The Outer Worlds.,
  7. outer worlds wont launch error pc,
  8. outer worlds launch error pc,
  9. 1903 gaming services outer worlds,
  10. cant launch outer worlds microsoft store,
  11. the outer worlds exe location windows store,
  12. error trying to launch outer worlds c error,
  13. outer worlds says error on pc