Windows 10: "The package repository is corrupted"

Discus and support "The package repository is corrupted" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I opened my pc this morning and it was working perfectly fine. Later on after doing some work I went to download a word document from an email and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SimonKitching, Jan 1, 2021.

1. "The package repository is corrupted"

Hi, I opened my pc this morning and it was working perfectly fine. Later on after doing some work I went to download a word document from an email and got this message: "The package repository is corrupted". I proceeded to attempt to open other Microsoft Office App files Excel, PowerPoint etc all resulting in the same message. Also I always keep the Settings App pinned to my taskbar however the cog thumbnail was no longer appearing as a window and whenever I opened the settings app from start it would periodically crash.

I researched a bit on some Microsoft discussions and found if I placed these commands in the command prompt, I might find a solution:

sfc /scannow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

I shall also include what the command prompt script:

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.19041.572

Image Version: 10.0.19041.685

[== 4.9% ]

Error: 14098

The component store has been corrupted.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\Windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

[== 3.8% ]

Error: 14098

The component store has been corrupted.

C:\Windows\system32>DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

Error: 87

An error occurred while processing the command.

Ensure that the command-line arguments are valid. For more information, review the log file.

Something else I did was to go to Settings -> Apps and features -> Microsoft 365 Apps -> Modify -> Online repair. This did not resolve the issue.

I have also checked for updates and restarted my pc multiple times and that did not work either.

Please help, I am a student and I really need to get my work done.

:)

SimonKitching, Jan 1, 2021

2. package repository is corrupt

no start menu, package repository is corrupt, please help

Diane PheobeMcLeod, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Win 10 No All Apps and package repository is corrupted

Further to the above If I press the Windows logo key and R to go to the run dialog and type in ms-settings: I get a message stating: the package repository is corrupted. Any suggestions?

RatherPlayMyBanjo, Jan 1, 2021
  4. DaveRave1 Win User

"The package repository is corrupted"

What's with "package repository is corrupted" on uploads?

Trying to upload jpeg files and look at IOS pics.

Says Package repository is corrupted.

Help?

DaveRave1, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

"The package repository is corrupted"

1. "The package repository is corrupted" - Similar Threads - package repository corrupted

2. 0x80073CFE error on most Win 10 store apps corrupted package repository

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80073CFE error on most Win 10 store apps corrupted package repository: I have an issue where the windows store won't download or update anything and is providing the error 0x80073CFE corrupted package repository. I have tried:Resetting the computerUpdating the computerUpdating all of the drivers for the graphics card, motherboard ectResetting...
  3. 0x80073CFE error on most Win 10 store apps corrupted package repository

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x80073CFE error on most Win 10 store apps corrupted package repository: I have an issue where the windows store won't download or update anything and is providing the error 0x80073CFE corrupted package repository. I have tried:Resetting the computerUpdating the computerUpdating all of the drivers for the graphics card, motherboard ectResetting...
  4. 0x80073CFE error on most Win 10 store apps corrupted package repository

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Downloading and installing packages from the repository manually for offline installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading and installing packages from the repository manually for offline installation: There are two resources for downloading packages from Microsoft servers:* Repository of operating system and driver package updates. link* UWP application repository. linkThese repositories perform the same function, namely, they allow you to download a package for offline...
  6. Downloading and installing packages from the repository manually for offline installation

Downloading and installing packages from the repository manually for offline installation: There are two resources for downloading packages from Microsoft servers:* Repository of operating system and driver package updates. link* UWP application repository. linkThese repositories perform the same function, namely, they allow you to download a package for offline...
  7. Downloading and installing packages from the repository manually for offline installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Downloading and installing packages from the repository manually for offline installation

9. Microsoft Store error 0x80073CFE, The package repository is corrupted

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store error 0x80073CFE, The package repository is corrupted: One of the numerous Microsoft Store error codes that you may encounter on your Windows 10 device is error code 0x80073CFE. In this post, we will identify the cause as well as provide the most suitable solutions to resolve the issue. [ATTACH] The error descriptions is as...
  10. package runtime information corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    package runtime information corrupted: I tried to view pictures and videos on my Windows 10 laptop and received the message "package runtime information corrupted" on each one of them. I performed the virus check and still receive the message. Online search leads mostly to a microsoftfixit site that is not real....