Windows 10: The paging file is too small for this operation to complete.

Discus and support The paging file is too small for this operation to complete. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The problem is obviously as it is , is that I don't have enough memory , this is the message from windows event log right before my whole PC crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by patrs63, Nov 19, 2020.

1. patrs63 Win User

The paging file is too small for this operation to complete.

The problem is obviously as it is , is that I don't have enough memory , this is the message from windows event log right before my whole PC crashes

now the problem is that I don't know what the problem is , let us start with that I have windows 10 and I have limited pagefile.sys to 10gb which is more than enough as I see it since I have 16GB ram and here is the actual problem , the message before paging file is too small was a warning telling me a low virtual memory but here where things dont add up :- only 4gb of memory was in use when my computer crashed:

"

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: Decompress.exe (2084) consumed 2461761536 bytes, chrome.exe (6276) consumed 662761472 bytes, and eclipse.exe (8008) consumed 618754048 bytes.

"

so I did the mast for you thats a total of :

Decompress.exe 2.461761536 gb

chrome.exe 0.662761472 gb

eclipse.exe 0.618754048 gb

so first of all i have no idea what Decompress.exe is even , second of all i have 10gb pagefile sys and 16gb physical ram , what could the cause be for my computer crashing on 4gb ?

-Things worth noting the crashes are random , I do have 16gb installed ram when I check my PC , I do play demanding games that easily demand 12-16gb ram and I can get consistent several continuous hours in them without crashes , but chrome and other simple apps on togther seem to crash my PC :/.

-Thanks in advance , all help would be appreciated ..

:)

patrs63, Nov 19, 2020
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Nov 19, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond The paging file is too small for this operation to complete. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

Page file size?

Deleting it is fine, but keep in mind if you delete your page file a memory dump has no where to go and will be deleted. Not a big deal but just FYI. Really there is nothing to gain by deleting a page file. Except for the physical space. Windows set your page file the same size as your ram for a reason. So suggesting you should delete it if you have 16+ Gb ram and wont need it is inaccurate. You can also recover Data on a BSOD if you have the dump file

"Microsoft says that, when the page file is set to a system-managed size and the computer is configured for automatic memory dumps, “Windows sets the size of the paging file large enough to ensure that a kernel memory dump can be captured most of the time.” As Microsoft points out, crash dumps are an important consideration when deciding what size the page file should be. The page file must be large enough to contain the memory data."

http://www.howtogeek.com/196672/windows-memory-dumps-what-exactly-are-they-for/

Jetster, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

1. The paging file is too small for this operation to complete. - Similar Threads - paging file too

2. file thumbnails too small.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file thumbnails too small.: I have the exact same problem as the one in the link below. It was posted in 2018 and now 2022 I have not found an answer. My old computer's thumbnail were great but these are too...
  3. file thumbnails too small.

in Windows 10 Customization
    file thumbnails too small.: I have the exact same problem as the one in the link below. It was posted in 2018 and now 2022 I have not found an answer. My old computer's thumbnail were great but these are too...
  4. the paging file is too small for this operation to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the paging file is too small for this operation to complete: This problem comes randomly throughout the day causing some of services to stop working and I don't know how to solve it. The problem says its from "msedgewebview2". Please let me know how I can possibly fix this issue. Thanks....
  5. the paging file is too small for this operation to complete

the paging file is too small for this operation to complete: This problem comes randomly throughout the day causing some of services to stop working and I don't know how to solve it. The problem says its from "msedgewebview2". Please let me know how I can possibly fix this issue. Thanks....
  6. the paging file is too small for this operation to complete

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Error 1045 the paging file two small complete the operations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1045 the paging file two small complete the operations: Hello Team,We have given 8 GB RAM, Still issue on same,We have restarted the system after working fine,Error 1045 the paging file two small complete the operations...
  8. Error 1045 the paging file two small complete the operations

Error 1045 the paging file two small complete the operations: Hello Team,We have given 8 GB RAM, Still issue on same,We have restarted the system after working fine,Error 1045 the paging file two small complete the operations...
  9. The paging file is too small for this operation to complete.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    The paging file is too small for this operation to complete.: The problem is obviously as it is , is that I don't have enough memory , this is the message from windows event log right before my whole PC crashes now the problem is that I don't know what the problem is , let us start with that I have windows 10 and I have limited...
  10. The paging file is too small for this operation to complete.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The paging file is too small for this operation to complete.: The problem is obviously as it is , is that I don't have enough memory , this is the message from windows event log right before my whole PC crashes now the problem is that I don't know what the problem is , let us start with that I have windows 10 and I have...