Windows 10: The Paid Alexa Voice Assistant App For Windows 10

Discus and support The Paid Alexa Voice Assistant App For Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; From some brief interactions with the free Alexa app, I think it doesn't have many capabilities. It doesn't respond when "alexa" is said more than half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gettinhaahd, Aug 21, 2021.

1. The Paid Alexa Voice Assistant App For Windows 10

From some brief interactions with the free Alexa app, I think it doesn't have many capabilities. It doesn't respond when "alexa" is said more than half the time and when it does, it can't do simple things like connect with Google Calendar. It seems like a preview or sample. Does the paid version unlock everything or is this just some nuanced difference from the paid one?

submitted by /u/gettinhaahd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gettinhaahd, Aug 21, 2021

2. Alexa App on Win10.

Win10 1909. Strange problem with Alexa app from MSoft Store.

Alexa on Win10 is the only Alexa device that will not play BBC Radio.

Me: (To DESKTOPPC Alexa) "Alexa, play BBC Radio 2"
    Alexa: "Here's Radio 2"
    App: (On DESKTOPPC) "BBC Sounds"
    Silence.

Me: (To Echo Alexa in the Hallway) "Alexa, play BBC Radio 2 on DESKTOPPC"
    Alexa: "Here's XXX" (A completely different TuneIn station)
    App: (On DESKTOPPC) Plays the TuneIn station that I did not ask for!

I have the BBC Skill on the app. So I say...
    Me: (To DESKTOPPC)... Open BBC.
    Alexa: Choose a station or program.
    Me: Play Radio 2.
    Alexa: Here's Radio 2.
    Silence. The above works fine on other devices.

I'm thinking this may be a Win10 settings problem, although I have no idea which. When I go into Sound Settings on Win 10 and choose "App volume device preferences" the volume slider against Alexa is greyed out. All other media/music apps are shown in blue and the slider can be adjusted. Kind of strange in that Alexa works (voice-wise) in all respects other than BBC radio. So for example if I say to DESKTOPPC.. Alexa Play Music ...it plays music. Despite that the App volume slider in Win10 settings is still inactive. This suggests the Alexa Win10 app installer is not installing properly.

Pollensa1946, Aug 21, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Amazon Alexa app now can be used hands-free on Windows 10 PCs

With Alexa on your PC you can simplify your life and use your voice to get more done. Just ask Alexa to check your calendar, create lists, play music, answer questions, read the news and more, even when the app is running in the background or minimized. Alexa on your PC makes it easy to control your smart home from anywhere just by using your voice. Whether youre at home or on the go, Alexa is designed to make your life easier.

Today, Amazon announced an update for its Alexa app on Windows 10 for an all new hand-free experience.

Read more: The convenience of Alexa, now on your PC

Download: Get Alexa app | Microsoft Store

Brink, Aug 21, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

The Paid Alexa Voice Assistant App For Windows 10

Amazon Alexa app now can be used hands-free on Windows 10 PCs

With Alexa on your PC you can simplify your life and use your voice to get more done. Just ask Alexa to check your calendar, create lists, play music, answer questions, read the news and more, even when the app is running in the background or minimized. Alexa on your PC makes it easy to control your smart home from anywhere just by using your voice. Whether you’re at home or on the go, Alexa is designed to make your life easier.

Today, Amazon announced an update for its Alexa app on Windows 10 for an all new hand-free experience.

Read more: The convenience of Alexa, now on your PC

Download: Get Alexa app | Microsoft Store

Brink, Aug 21, 2021
Thema:

The Paid Alexa Voice Assistant App For Windows 10

1. The Paid Alexa Voice Assistant App For Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Paid Alexa Voice

2. Windows 10/Alexa App will not launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10/Alexa App will not launch: Alexa App problem. It will not launch.I have only basic systems knoweldge.I have Windows10 laptop. I have changed my ISP and need to reset my Alexa-I have downloaded the Alexa App from the MS Store several times. I have the Alexa icon but it will not launch-all I see is a...
  3. Alexa App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alexa App: I hope I am right with this issue here for help. Since this morning when opening the Alexa app, it appears for one or two seconds. There are to errors registered in the Reliability Monitor, of which I attach two images:and here is the second image:The first image shows the...
  4. Alexa app for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alexa app for windows 10: HI: I just downloaded Alexa for Windows 10, and have a very strange problem. In the Alexa app settings, I can turn everything but the Launch app on sign in to this computer option. It is greyed out. I've tried the uninstall/reinstall method, and when that didn't...
  5. Alexa app for windows

Alexa app for windows: Setting up devices and routines on my iPhone app works but is fiddly and I would rather use the full screen on my Windows PC. Most functions seem to be available, but you cannot configure devices rename, group and set routines. Does anyone have a workaround??...
  6. windows 10 voice assistence crotana

in Cortana
    windows 10 voice assistence crotana: I have activated cortana, but whenever I have to speak, I have to click on the microphone button only then Cortana listens. How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time? Cortana even does not activate by saying 'hey cortana'. Once I...
  7. Alexa App for Windows 10 - Where is it?

Alexa App for Windows 10 - Where is it?: Hi everyone, I received an Amazon Dot for Christmas 2019 and was assured there was a windows 10 app available, well where is it? The windows store says the app is unavailable, but there is no indication of when it will be available or why it isn't....
  8. Alexa App using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alexa App using Windows 10: Hello there! I'm trying to install the Alexa App on my PC but it's stating " Alexa is currently not available", not sure why? I check the US store and it's available there. I'm from Canada: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/alexa/9n12z3cctcnz?activetab=pivot:overviewtab...
  9. Alexa App for Windows 10

Alexa App for Windows 10: I've downloaded the 'Amazon Alexa' app on my Windows 10 Stream (same as any Windows 10) and it didn't ask me ANYTHING about an Amazon Echo / Alexa. Where can you find the REAL Alexa App by Amazon? I've looked on Amazon.co.uk and the only real looking app is the exact same one...
  10. Alexa app

Alexa app: where is the Alexa app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alexa-app/2a0074f3-9766-4666-9ce7-9d1a54dc1eaf