Windows 10: the path bar is thicker than before, failed to find way to go back to old one since it came...

Discus and support the path bar is thicker than before, failed to find way to go back to old one since it came... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nicolas2004GE [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nicolas2004GE, May 30, 2020.

1. the path bar is thicker than before, failed to find way to go back to old one since it came...

/u/nicolas2004GE, May 30, 2020

2. Is there any way to make all text thicker/bolder...

I have a similar, although slightly different, issue...and I appreciate your suggestions of posting comparitive screenshots. Here is a shot of your post from my Primary computer:

the path bar is thicker than before, failed to find way to go back to old one since it came... [​IMG]

And here is roughly the same shot of your post from my Backup computer:

the path bar is thicker than before, failed to find way to go back to old one since it came... [​IMG]

As you can see, the Backup image shows much sharper fonts, slightly bolder, than the washed out decaying fonts displayed on my Primary machine. My goal is to get the Backup computer's quality display on my Primary computer.

I welcome all suggestions. Thank you!

Florida Rene, May 30, 2020
  3. Display the end of the path in title bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and we would happy to get it sorted for you. The display of the beginning path on the tile bar option can be removed and just the end of the path can be displayed.

We would like you to perform this steps.

1. Open File Explorer and click on
      View
      from the top
    2. Click on Options.
    3. Select View tab from the top.
    4. Uncheck the box beside Display the full path in the title bar.
    5. Then click on Apply
    6. Click OK and the reopen the file explorer and check.

the path bar is thicker than before, failed to find way to go back to old one since it came... 9bf1cbe0-399e-405d-83d9-390d14522eec?upload=true.jpg

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 30, 2020
  4. the path bar is thicker than before, failed to find way to go back to old one since it came...

Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, May 30, 2020
Thema:

the path bar is thicker than before, failed to find way to go back to old one since it came...

1. the path bar is thicker than before, failed to find way to go back to old one since it came... - Similar Threads - path bar thicker

2. Go back to format before last update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Go back to format before last update?: A few days ago my laptop updated. I didn't even notice it and I was able to use it while it updated so that was good. BUT I hate the new update and format! Onenote and Word are especially bad since I use them every day as a student. The new update changed the format and now...
  3. Go back to format before last update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Go back to format before last update?: A few days ago my laptop updated. I didn't even notice it and I was able to use it while it updated so that was good. BUT I hate the new update and format! Onenote and Word are especially bad since I use them every day as a student. The new update changed the format and now...
  4. My search bar looks bigger than before

in Cortana
    My search bar looks bigger than before: Please help me fix this problem, I tried to reset this search bar many times but it doesn't work. It's weird after I crashed my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-looks-bigger-than-before/81a7e166-ceed-4a1c-bc0d-25cb725d9697
  5. Is there a way to go back to Windows 7?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way to go back to Windows 7?: Hi, so i updated to Windows 10 recently but my PC cant handle it, i really want to go back to Windows 7 but many people have been telling me its impossible, does anyone know how to go back without a Virtual Machine?...
  6. More than one Favorites Bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    More than one Favorites Bar in Edge: Can I have more than one Favorites Bar in Edge? In Chrome there is an extension that allows to witch between 2 bookmark bars. Does Edge have an extension like that? 156986
  7. 1909 way to go back to old search in explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    1909 way to go back to old search in explorer?: The new search in 1909 file explorer does not have any options. Or are there any options setting that I dont know about? How do you even clear the search history? It doesnt even predict the files youre searching for by populating them in the window as you type. Can I even...
  8. My wallpaper keeps on going back to the one i had before

in Windows 10 Customization
    My wallpaper keeps on going back to the one i had before: like when ever i select an area on the desktop that area goes to back to the wallpaper from http://prntscr.com/ni63kg HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wallpaper-keeps-on-going-back-to-the-one-i-had/c4d379c7-3be8-4053-bedc-9e09d3ecebee
  9. Is there any way to make all text thicker/bolder...

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to make all text thicker/bolder...: ... without increasing font size. I just got a big 4k monitor and I have to set the text to stupidly big to get the text a comfortable thickness. I've been looking around for a solution but I can't access "display" in the control panel which seems to be it. It's just not...
  10. Best Way To Go BACK to Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best Way To Go BACK to Win7: So, for whatever reason, I'm having a myriad of issues with Win10. This laptop isn't even 4 months old, and I just had to replace my HHD last week, and my internet connection is dropping out every 5 mins. I have an OLD laptop with Win7 on it sitting right beside me and it's...