Windows 10: The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app

Discus and support The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last month, we provided an overview of the Desktop Bridge in this blog post. We are excited to announce that since then we’ve released a new version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app

Source: The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Jun 14, 2016

2. Windows 10:What are the diffrences and contrast between a Store App and a Desktop App?

Hi

Store Apps = Universal Windows Platform code.

Desktop Programs = Win32 and COM code.

This is a very, very, complex subject. Here are a few links to get you started understanding the difference.

The Microsoft developers are working on merging these 2 coding platforms.

Win32 and COM for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps (data)

Win32 and COM for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps (data) - Windows app development

Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps:

What's a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app? - UWP app developer

Bring your desktop app to the Universal Windows Platform - Links + Video:

Convert your desktop app to a UWP app and enhance it with features such as Live Tiles, notifications, Cortana, and more!

Desktop conversion for UWP apps - Windows app development

Windows 8* Store vs Desktop App Development:

Windows 8* Store vs Desktop App Development | Intel® Software

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Jun 14, 2016
  3. G.Ilex Win User
    G.Ilex, Jun 14, 2016
Thema:

The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app

1. The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app - Similar Threads - path desktop app

2. Windows UWP apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows UWP apps: It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from taskbar. My Question to Microsoft, when you planed for a proper solution of this? as a windows 10 user and lover I am very...
  3. Universal apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Universal apps: Hello Microsoft I need a bit of help with something. I need a way of hiding Universal apps from being in my start bar. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-apps/0e601425-6323-4ead-b1b4-0e6f208dd544
  4. .NET Native – What is for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) developers

in Windows 10 News
    .NET Native – What is for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) developers: What is .NET Native? .NET Native is a precompilation technology for building Universal Windows apps in Visual Studio 2015. The .NET Native toolchain will compile your managed IL binaries into native binaries. Every managed (C# or VB) Universal Windows app will utilize this...
  5. Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP: At Build 2016, we showed you how to use the Desktop App Converter to bring your existing desktop applications to the universal .appx packaging format as a first step to bringing your application to the Universal Windows Platform (UWP). Once on UWP, your apps are easier for...
  6. Universal Windows Platform (UWP) docs are now on Docs.Microsoft.com

in Windows 10 News
    Universal Windows Platform (UWP) docs are now on Docs.Microsoft.com: I’m excited to announce the release of Universal Windows Platform (UWP) documentation on Docs.Microsoft.com. Docs.Microsoft.com is the one place for Microsoft’s technical documentation. As part of this release, we’ve also included the docs for the UWP APIs, Microsoft Edge,...
  7. Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps

in Windows 10 News
    Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps: Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps [ Updated for UWP apps on Windows 10. For Windows 8.x articles, see the archive ] In this guide, you'll learn about: •What a device family is, and how to decide which one to target. •New UI controls and panels that...
  8. Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming: We’ve been listening, and we’ve heard you. In the coming weeks, we’ll release the first version of the Skype Universal Windows Platform Preview app to our Windows Insiders for testing. You may be wondering why, and what this means for the Skype experiences you are using on...
  9. A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform

in Windows 10 News
    A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform: A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform source ; http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapp...-app-platform/
  10. A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform

in Windows 10 News
    A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform: Earlier today at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, I provided developers a first look at the Windows 10 developer platform strategy and universal app platform. I encourage you to tune in to our Build conference in April for the full story. Windows 10 represents the...