Windows 10: The PC doesn't connects immediately to the internet on boot (delay)

Discus and support The PC doesn't connects immediately to the internet on boot (delay) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I just upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro (apparently the free upgrade was still valid) and Iv'e noticed that on startup the machine connects to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by imso3k, Jul 16, 2020.

1. imso3k Win User

The PC doesn't connects immediately to the internet on boot (delay)

So I just upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro (apparently the free upgrade was still valid) and Iv'e noticed that on startup the machine connects to the internet (Ethernet Cable, not WIFI) with a huge delay, how huge? I have "GOG Galaxy" game launcher which starts on boot, but it fails to connect to the server when it auto-starts, same for example if I try to open Google Chrome, I get a "no internet connection" message, same for delayed Google Drive sync etc etc.

It's an Issues I haven't faced once on Win 8.1, and sometimes the boot itself is more laggy than Win 8.1, I mean my machine is like 8 years old but from my experience older machines tend to "love" more Win 10 over Win 8.1 performance wise.

My Win Version : Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.388

Thank you.

:)

imso3k, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Marco Gav Win User

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is unable to start automatically on boot?

Hi,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps that YanisLukes
    did to resolve the same issue.

To update your network adapter, you can follow these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver: 

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall. 

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided here:
    How to Troubleshoot Internet Connection Sharing Problems.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

No internet connection on first boot

Hi Ian,

Incorrect configuration settings can interfere with your Internet connection. A corrupted user profile can also cause issues with certain parts of the operating system and slow down your computer's performance. We'd like to learn more about your concern
    so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which specific build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Are you using a wired connection or a wireless connection?
    • Did you encounter any error messages when you were following the steps from the
      Fix network connection issues in Windows 10 article? If yes, please post a screenshot.

As an initial recommendation, we suggest performing a
    clean boot
    to find out if this behavior is caused by a software conflict. This will load Windows with minimal drivers and programs, preventing software conflicts from occurring. If you're able to connect to the Internet immediately after booting in a clean
    boot environment, check the section How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot
    for what to do next.

Note: To return your computer back to normal, check the section
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'd also recommend creating a new user profile to check if this is caused by a corrupted user profile. You may find the steps for doing that through this

link

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

1. The PC doesn't connects immediately to the internet on boot (delay) - Similar Threads - doesn't connects immediately

2. Why doesn't my network adapter connect immediately to networks after I boot my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't my network adapter connect immediately to networks after I boot my PC?: Whenever I boot my computer, my network adapter doesn't connect to any network for around about 40 seconds. It's been happening for the past few months and does not occur on any other device on the same network, only my PC. I've tried reinstalling the driver for my adapter...
  3. Why doesn't my network adapter connect immediately to networks after I boot my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't my network adapter connect immediately to networks after I boot my PC?: Whenever I boot my computer, my network adapter doesn't connect to any network for around about 40 seconds. It's been happening for the past few months and does not occur on any other device on the same network, only my PC. I've tried reinstalling the driver for my adapter...
  4. Internet doesn't connect on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet doesn't connect on startup: This has been happening to me recently and I don't know why. It's not a huge inconvenience, but it is annoying and I want to figure out how to fix it. When I boot my pc and log in to the desktop screen, my internet will not connect for about 30 seconds. This makes it so all...
  5. Internet is delayed when connecting on boot

Internet is delayed when connecting on boot: Seemingly this starting happening randomly a few days ago around the time of the last windows update I downloaded, I'm not sure if that was the cause or not but I system restored back before and the issue is still occuring. Whenever I startup it takes my pc up to a minute...
  6. Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.

Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.: Today my PC suddenly stopped working with anything internet related, doesn't reach websites on Google Chrome, apps like Discord and Steam went offline. But Ethernet status hasn't changed, it still shows that it's connected. First my IPv6 connectivity had no internet...
  7. Internet Connection is fine, programs have a massive delay for connecting to the internet.

Internet Connection is fine, programs have a massive delay for connecting to the internet.: My explanation : Whenever I start my computer laptop, Dell I try to connect to services such as Microsoft Edge. For a few seconds after starting up my computer, my ethernet does it's job perfectly and I'm able to search for anything that I want. However, this only lasts for a...
  8. The PC doesn't connects immediately to the internet on boot delay

The PC doesn't connects immediately to the internet on boot delay: So I just upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro, and Iv'e noticed that on startup the machine connects to the internet Ethernet Cable, not WIFI with a huge delay, how huge? I have "GOG Galaxy" game launcher which starts on boot, but it fails to connect to the server when it...
  9. delayed booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    delayed booting: My Lenovo Ideapad 300 series takes about 15-20 minutes to boot. I have tried everything suggested in Youtube videos, and other windows users online... no changes. Someone, please help....
  10. Booting is delayed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting is delayed: I could not boot the computer ; It demands three or four on /off press. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-is-delayed/a7431a14-a67b-4e5b-9368-ce33b0b836f8