Windows 10: The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access.

Discus and support The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; waiting for respond.thanks : )... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ariyabeikzadeh, Aug 12, 2019.

1. The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access.

waiting for respond.thanks : )

:)

ariyabeikzadeh, Aug 12, 2019

2. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Iphone 6 Tmobile Tethering Mobile Hotspot No Internet

I have a Iphone 6 that has a personal hotspot that I have been trying to connect to my laptop via USB and Wifi. I currently have Windows 10 running on my HP Envy dv6 C2Y45AV. I also taken necessary steps to harden the system against viruses and attacks.
    So far the only issues that I am having is trying to tether with my Iphone's personal hotspot. I can connect other devices such as tablets to the hotspot but with no luck with my laptop.

The laptop and Iphone 6 will show that the devices is connected but with "no internet".

My laptop will however connect via ethernet and wifi just not via hotspot.

I have the current version of Itunes and the IOS on my Iphone 6 is current.

I would greatly appreciate some step by step guide to resolve my issues with connecting to a hotspot.

JohnApplease, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Suman_B Win User

The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access.

Hotspot internet using Bluetooth

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Are you trying to create a hotspot through Bluetooth on your PC?
    2. What is the version and
      build
      of you operating system? In the Search box, type
      winver
      to get this info.
    3. What is the Make and the model of the Phone and Computer?

If you want to create a Hotspot on your PC, suggest you to refer this article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot.

As you have mentioned that you want to use Bluetooth to connect to internet, you will need to enable the Bluetooth Tethering option on your phone and then connect the phone through Bluetooth with the PC.

If you are using an iPhone, please refer the section Connect to Personal Hotspot with Bluetooth
    from the article
    If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular)

If you are using an Android phone please refer the steps in the article
    Share a mobile connection by tethering or hotspot on Android

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access.

1. The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access. - Similar Threads - connected hotspot iphone

2. Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot: Hi, my pcs (one is a huawei laptop and the other is surface pro 3 both are upto date on windows 10) are fine when connected to home wifi but once i started a vpn or connects to a mobile hotspot the wifi icon would indicate no internet connection, please help, thx....
  3. Mobile hotspot won't connect to iPhone

Mobile hotspot won't connect to iPhone: I have recently updated my computer to Windows 10 and have been attempting to use the Mobile Hotspot function provided in it. I am able to create a name and password for it. Under the "Share my internet connection from" section, it says the name of my Ethernet, which is how I...
  4. No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection

No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection: Hi, I have an strange problem. I can connect HotSpot VPN connection successfully but there is no any Internet on mobile device from my laptop. I have Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134). It was working few days ago, but suddenly it has stopped working without...
  5. Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI

Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI: Hi, I have been having issues connecting my laptop to my Iphone Data Hotspot via WIFI. I am able to connect other devices to my Hotspot via WIFI but not my laptop. I have tried connecting via lightning cable and it works fine! I have a video of what happens to my iphone...
  6. connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot

connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot: i recently got a new laptop it is an asus with windows 10. when i first got it i was able to connect to the internet using my phones hotspot, i was able to do this for a few weeks, then all of a sudden it didn't even give me the option to choose hotspot for me to connect to...
  7. Android hotspot provides "connected, no internet" to my laptop

Android hotspot provides "connected, no internet" to my laptop: Hello, When I use my android phone's (OnePlus 5T) mobile hotspot to connect to an other smartphone, it works fine, but when I connect the hotspot to my laptop, it says "connected, no internet". When I go to a website, Chrome says "There is no internet connection". I've...
  8. iPhone 8 hotspot

iPhone 8 hotspot: I am having problems my computer does not connect to iPhone 8 hotspot. Does anyone has had the same problem? How to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/iphone-8-hotspot/43492e8b-c73b-4071-98ed-19f4dafeed63
  9. Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot

Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot: I have setup a WiFi Hotspot with MyPublicWiFi. Allowed Sharing in Local Area Connection *2. Everything seems to be in order as the Screenshot shows. But when I try to connect a mobile it gets connected to "MyPublicWiFi", no internet sharing from the USB Modem. I am on Windows...
  10. No internet / wifi from hotspot

No internet / wifi from hotspot: So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet...