Windows 10: The PC name is invalid in Windows 11

Discus and support The PC name is invalid in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]We see our PCs with weird names at the beginning with a combination of names and numbers. We change the users’ names in the Control Panel and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 13, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

The PC name is invalid in Windows 11

The PC name is invalid in Windows 11 The-PC-name-is-invalid.png
    We see our PCs with weird names at the beginning with a combination of names and numbers. We change the users’ names in the Control Panel and make them look good without numbers. If you have recently tried to change the name of your PC and have seen “The PC name is invalid” in Windows […]

This article The PC name is invalid in Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 13, 2022

2. invalid server name

I have bought this E-72 few days back it automatically started giving this message invalid server name once i tried to use internet with wifi........it was working perfectly fine

i tried all methods to resolve the issue but failed.

some one please suggest with steps or screen shots.

Thanx

Roll_Model, Apr 13, 2022
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Apr 13, 2022
  4. The PC name is invalid in Windows 11

The directory name is invalid

Hi David,

Since you have rebuilt your computer, it may have made some changes or installed some updates that might be causing the error message "G: \The directory name is invalid". However, let's check if there is a device that you can remove in Safely Remove Hardware
    utility. Follow these steps to access the utility:

• Press the Windows icon + R on your keyboard.
    • Copy and paste this 'RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll".
    • Remove any device that you'll see in the utility.
    • Restart your computer, then observe if the issue will occur again.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Apr 13, 2022
Thema:

The PC name is invalid in Windows 11

1. The PC name is invalid in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - name invalid

2. Why is there "INVALID" written under my pc name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there "INVALID" written under my pc name?: I just renamed and rebooted, so my pc name is completely valid, it may be be because of something else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-invalid-written-under-my-pc-name/0f9b6a12-b323-4364-bbe1-e2894710fcb5
  3. Why is there "INVALID" written under my pc name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there "INVALID" written under my pc name?: I just renamed and rebooted, so my pc name is completely valid, it may be be because of something else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-invalid-written-under-my-pc-name/0f9b6a12-b323-4364-bbe1-e2894710fcb5
  4. We can’t find the Printer, Error 1801, The printer name is invalid

in Windows 10 News
    We can’t find the Printer, Error 1801, The printer name is invalid: [ATTACH]We have noticed that on some occasions, a Windows device fails to connect to the Printer’s network. When trying to connect to the network, Windows gives the following error message. We can’t find the printer you’re trying to install. Check to see if the printer was...
  5. Directory name invalid, previous solutions not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directory name invalid, previous solutions not working.: I try to play DVDs, it consistently says "D:\ The directory name is not valid." I've tried disabling and re-enabling both the ROM, and also the IDE ATA channels, as well as uninstalling and restarting. I've also tried updating my drivers but apparently they're up to date -...
  6. Directory name invalid, previous solutions not working.

Directory name invalid, previous solutions not working.: I try to play DVDs, it consistently says "D:\ The directory name is not valid." I've tried disabling and re-enabling both the ROM, and also the IDE ATA channels, as well as uninstalling and restarting. I've also tried updating my drivers but apparently they're up to date -...
  7. Directory name invalid, previous solutions not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Email Server says "invalid user name or password"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Server says "invalid user name or password": For some unkown reason my email server finds my password for pop3 in my account no longer valid so I'm unable to download email to my pc. I didn't change it, I can't see it, and don't remember what it is, which at this point probably doesn't matter, so I need to reset it but...
  9. Email Server says "invalid user name or password"

Email Server says "invalid user name or password": For some unkown reason my email server finds my password for pop3 in my account no longer valid so I'm unable to download email to my pc. I didn't change it, I can't see it, and don't remember what it is, which at this point probably doesn't matter, so I need to reset it but...
  10. Email Server says "invalid user name or password"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing