Windows 10: The pc not charging in shutdown mode.

Discus and support The pc not charging in shutdown mode. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My pc does not charge when it is in hibernate mode. Please help me ! My pc is lenovo Yoga slim 6i and it has been one month since i purchased it. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rakesh K1, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Rakesh K1 Win User

The pc not charging in shutdown mode.

My pc does not charge when it is in hibernate mode. Please help me ! My pc is lenovo Yoga slim 6i and it has been one month since i purchased it. It works perfectly and charges fine but when i shutdown the laptop, it does not charge not even a single percent .

:)

Rakesh K1, Apr 24, 2024

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

The pc not charging in shutdown mode. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Charging stuck at 70%

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 24, 2024
  4. The pc not charging in shutdown mode.

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

The pc not charging in shutdown mode.

1. The pc not charging in shutdown mode. - Similar Threads - charging shutdown mode

2. The pc not charging in shutdown mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The pc not charging in shutdown mode.: My pc does not charge when it is in hibernate mode. Please help me ! My pc is lenovo Yoga slim 6i and it has been one month since i purchased it. It works perfectly and charges fine but when i shutdown the laptop, it does not charge not even a single percent ....
  3. Laptop doesn't charge in shutdown mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesn't charge in shutdown mode.: My laptop doesn't charge in the shutdown mode or when the lid is closed. What is the proper way to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-doesnt-charge-in-shutdown-mode/c7148f7b-b1fb-443c-bc40-224d7f7371ab
  4. Laptop doesn't charge in shutdown mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop doesn't charge in shutdown mode.: My laptop doesn't charge in the shutdown mode or when the lid is closed. What is the proper way to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-doesnt-charge-in-shutdown-mode/c7148f7b-b1fb-443c-bc40-224d7f7371ab
  5. Not charging in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not charging in sleep mode: Hello ,My laptop couldn't charge when it is in sleep mode . i had reported to hp technical support but they said it is not hardware issues . anyone knows about it ? Thanks ....
  6. Not charging in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not charging in sleep mode: Hello ,My laptop couldn't charge when it is in sleep mode . i had reported to hp technical support but they said it is not hardware issues . anyone knows about it ? Thanks ....
  7. Not charging in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  9. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  10. Power mode (plugged in) not charging / charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power mode (plugged in) not charging / charging: I'm having issues with Windows 10 Power Saving Mode on my laptop. When the Power Source (charger) is plugged in the laptop will go in and out of power savings mode ever second or so. This does not happen when the battery is fully charged. I've replace the power source and...