Windows 10: The people app in win 10 does not work and shows not installed.

Discus and support The people app in win 10 does not work and shows not installed. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I reinstall it?Thanks, Rudy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RudyRutenber, Sep 10, 2021.

1. The people app in win 10 does not work and shows not installed.

How do I reinstall it?Thanks, Rudy

:)

RudyRutenber, Sep 10, 2021
  2. JJG10 Win User

People App Missing

Windows 10 ver 20H2

I have grown used to having the People App show on my taskbar for years. On my new installation it does not. In-fact it does not appear any where on the Start List. But it does show up fully populated and working in Outlook.Com as well as Mail.

What do I have to do to get it to show on my Desktop or Task Bar? All I read here in the forum suggests it may no longer work in Ver 20H2.

Some one please help me here.

Thank you.

JJG10, Sep 10, 2021
  3. JimHeeren Win User
    contacts from people are not showing up in win 10 mail app

I have imported a .csv contact file to people online and linked it (logged in) to my win 10 mail app but the contacts are not showing up in my list.

JimHeeren, Sep 10, 2021
  4. dscanlon Win User

The people app in win 10 does not work and shows not installed.

Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

The people app in win 10 does not work and shows not installed.

1. The people app in win 10 does not work and shows not installed. - Similar Threads - app does shows

2. People app see more link does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People app see more link does not work: When I click on a contact I see the most important information of that contact in the right pane. Previously I used to see Name, address, phone number, email. Since some time I now only see name and address. The is link under it saying See more >. That link does not work does...
  3. People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed: I deleted the people app using the poweshell. After reinstalling it from Windows Store the app is not showing in the start menu. How to bring this app in the start menu app list?...
  4. Install Wizard in Win 10 does not work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install Wizard in Win 10 does not work?: I've been having dad's problem for a long time that when I download an .exe and the install wizard appears, it never installs the program. I only see a white window. This is the case with all exe's, as long as they are installed via the install wizard (bit torrent, audacity,...
  5. contacts from people are not showing up in win 10 mail app

contacts from people are not showing up in win 10 mail app: I have imported a .csv contact file to people online and linked it logged in to my win 10 mail app but the contacts are not showing up in my list....
  6. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  7. win 10 photos app does not work

win 10 photos app does not work: the app does not open. I had unistall it using powershell and download again without susscess https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-photos-app-does-not-work/7eb05217-426a-46ca-aec3-b7c57b835d9a
  8. Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App

Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App: Hi all, I have recently switched to Win 10 Mail, once you understand how it works it is not too bad, but it is a steep learning curve if you are used to Windows Live Mail. I had two Microsoft Mail accounts, Live.com and Outlook.com, both with different contact lists. To...
  9. People App does not sync

People App does not sync: whenever I open the People App, I get all the people but also get a message at the top of the screen that says, "Sync failed on one account." I then click on that message and choose Fix account. I get a message that says, "your account was updated successfully." Yet, when I...
  10. Data lost on Win 10 people app

Data lost on Win 10 people app: Having spent hours loading up all my data to the people app, I find when I opened it yesterday, all my data is gone! Can this be restored? Are there any other apps available I can use that may be more reliable than this app? 81086