Windows 10: The People App won't store contacts nor can I figure out how to add them???

Discus and support The People App won't store contacts nor can I figure out how to add them??? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been typing in email addresses since whenever Microsoft forced us to use People within the mail app. Everytime I try to resolve the issue I end... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeMorrison69, Mar 2, 2020.

1. The People App won't store contacts nor can I figure out how to add them???

I've been typing in email addresses since whenever Microsoft forced us to use People within the mail app. Everytime I try to resolve the issue I end up giving up and shaking my head. I've read and read to find that many other people suffer the same issue. Why, Why and Why would a software company force this horrible design on us? Is there any good resolution compared to aborting Windows 10 mail and starting over with something else?

:)

MikeMorrison69, Mar 2, 2020

2. Linked Outlook Contacts Not Syncing with Windows 10 People App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to sync contacts in the People App, I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, then remove and add the Yahoo account in the People App.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Unlink combined contacts - People app

Hi Ninaco,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

The People app is your address book. Combine contacts is a feature to link duplicates to a single contact to avoid confusion. To overcome the issue you’re facing, I suggest you to try the steps listed below:

Method 1

Unlink Contacts:

• Open People app, click on the contact that is linked, and select
      See More on the right pane.
    • Click on Separate for the contact you want to unlink.

Method 2

Reset People app:

If you’ve multiple contacts that are linked, resetting People app would unlink contacts and put everything in place.

• Exit People app, if open.
    • Open Settings and click on Apps.
    • Locate People app on the right pane and choose
      Advanced Options.
    • Click on Reset.

Once reset is complete, open People app to see if the contacts are still linked.

For more information regarding People app, refer People app help

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 2, 2020
  4. The People App won't store contacts nor can I figure out how to add them???

Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

The People App won't store contacts nor can I figure out how to add them???

1. The People App won't store contacts nor can I figure out how to add them??? - Similar Threads - App won't store

2. How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...: Although I thought I had copied the relevant data ... that attempt failed. How do I locate my people data? Is it automatically on the Windows account? Can I ask People to read some data explicitly? Is there a windows web page to see my contacts? The original computer is...
  3. Delete Is Greyed Out In The People App, How Do I Delete Contacts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete Is Greyed Out In The People App, How Do I Delete Contacts?: I don't have a Twitter, Skype, or Facebook account. So no social accounts can be linked to my email account. Yet I have junk email addresses in my People App that are from Dell, TruePeopleSearch, Microsoft, McAfee, Bing. How do I get rid of these contacts that I didn't add...
  4. How can I add a contact directly from Mail to People?

How can I add a contact directly from Mail to People?: If I left click on the name of the sender, I am only given the option to send them email, and not to save them as a contact in 'People'. First image When I right click on the email address of someone who has just emailed me in Mail, I am only given the option to 'Select...
  5. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  6. contact list to people app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    contact list to people app: New computer with win 10. Set up all my email accounts in windows mail. moved contact list to new computer. How do I connect my contact list into People app so I can use them in email accounta?...
  7. People (contacts list) APP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People (contacts list) APP: Why am I unable to edit my contacts list? When I click on a name and then click edit, the app seems to freeze up and then the app just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-contacts-list-app/489e52b2-0333-47d5-a9ab-c4b2b0d36bb3
  8. How to unlink combine contacts in People app

How to unlink combine contacts in People app: I have a problem with the People app. It started when I added a new contact to this app and was recommended to combine this contact with another. I did it and combined the contact with another on my list. Currently I have all the telephone numbers together confused and I am...
  9. Unable to add a number to a contact in Microsoft People app

Unable to add a number to a contact in Microsoft People app: I tried to add a number to a specific contact, but the screen froze and the app auto-exited. This has happened several times since. Needless to say, I cannot solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated......
  10. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a