Windows 10: The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser

Discus and support The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; From time to time, I am asked by customers, “How do I ensure that all web traffic goes to Internet Explorer?” In fact, I was recently asked this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser

Source: The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser - Microsoft Tech Community - 331732

:)

Brink, Feb 6, 2019

2. how to set Internet Explorer as default browser in Windows 10

Hi George,

As you want to set Internet Explorer as the default browser, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, under Web browser, click on Microsoft edge and select
      Internet Explorer.
    • Restart the system and check.

Hope this helps. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 6, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Feb 6, 2019
  4. The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser

I want to make Internet Explorer my default browser

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand you are trying to set Internet Explorer as your default browser and you are unable to do so. I'd be glad to help you with this issue.

Please follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + I to open Settings.
    • Click on System
    • Select Default Apps under System.
    • Under Web browser click on the browser. If you see Edge under web browser click on Edge and you will get a pop up to choose default browser.
    • Choose Internet Explorer. If you have issues try to Reset to Reset to Microsoft Recommended default.
    • Repeat step 4.
    Hope this information is helpful. If issue persists, you can write to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Sara Mohammedi, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser

1. The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser - Similar Threads - perils using Internet

2. Default browser changing to Internet Explorer after restart/shutdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default browser changing to Internet Explorer after restart/shutdown: Hi, Has anyone found a solution to why Windows 10 keeps changing the default browser to Internet Explorer? We image a bunch of laptops using MDT and looked into the custom scripts and default associations and found nothing. Searched nothing useful online and in the...
  3. Brave Browser : Internet In Your Control!

in Browsers and Email
    Brave Browser : Internet In Your Control!: Secure, Fast & Private Web Browser with Adblocker | Brave Browser "Brave Browser" is based on the same open-source Chromium code ( by Google ) as a number of other browsers. It's time to try & be brave with "Brave Web Browser" for a number of reasons: 1. A strong promise of...
  4. Brave Browser : Internet In Your Control!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brave Browser : Internet In Your Control!: Secure, Fast & Private Web Browser with Adblocker | Brave Browser "Brave Browser" is based on the same open-source Chromium code ( by Google ) as a number of other browsers. It's time to try & be brave with "Brave Web Browser" for a number of reasons: 1. A strong promise of...
  5. Iron isn't your default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Iron isn't your default browser: Hey, I just set up my OS again and now it keeps telling me "Iron isn't your default browser" BUT IT IS! I made it the default browser AT LEAST 20 times in two days and it keeps telling me it isn't the default brwoser. I installed edge deflector and it works. Iron really IS...
  6. Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1

Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1: Suggest steps to install Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-browser-on-xfinity-x1/6e803994-1ac3-4641-b9fc-13b45dba9330
  7. Default Internet browser

Default Internet browser: How do I set Internet Explorer as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-internet-browser/f683955a-d0ae-477d-8d56-bf8f248b9d2a
  8. Internet Explorer as default browser

Internet Explorer as default browser: Hey, help me to set Internet Explorer as default browser. I want to switch from Microsoft Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-as-default-browser/0eab58b2-1e88-4b7f-a9f0-bbbc436fd1d9
  9. File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser

File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser: Whenever I attempt to access the file explorer from an internet browser (any) it freezes. An example includes attaching an email. I can still drag files from the file explorer for upload into an email. It seems there is a communication issue between the internet browser and...
  10. How do I make internet explorer the default browser in an email link?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make internet explorer the default browser in an email link?: I went into default apps in settings and chose internet explorer. Shortcuts on the desktop and links within web pages all open with internet explorer. However when I click on a link in an email it asks me to choose a browser and lists the 3 that are on this computer. How do I...