Windows 10: The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered...

Discus and support The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good afternoon, Used are Server Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 6.3.9600 (64bit) / was migrated from Windows Server 2010 Local computer Windows10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MilanSalka, Aug 22, 2019.

1. The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered...

Good afternoon,

Used are

Server Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 6.3.9600 (64bit) / was migrated from Windows Server 2010

Local computer Windows10 ver 10.0.18362.295 (64bit)

User have admin rights (on source and destination)

Data copied from server to local computer

XCOPY "%LOCAL_SERVERPATH%\SW16\userAPPS\ISS_data" "C:\ISS_data" /D /E /C /R /I /K /Y

After copy are new directories and files on local computer without permission (all data were copied but no permission exist)

Same behaviour for robocopy (v1.96)

"%ROBOCOBY%" "%SOURCE_ecscad2016_INST%" "%DESTINATION_ECS2016%" /S /R:3 /W:15 /LOG:"%LOGFILE%"

"%ROBOCOBY%" "%SOURCE_ECSCAD2016_OSRAM_inst%" "%DESTINATION_ECS2016_inst%" /S /R:3 /W:15 /XD PROJECT /LOG+:"%LOGFILE%"

Alt+Enter on local directory showed The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered... 931939e8-5446-4742-8c38-1bb1cc091b60?upload=true.png

in Slovak "Kedze su povolenia pre ISS_data nesprávne usporiadané, niektoré položky nemusia byť využité"

in Englih "The permissions on ISS_data are incorrectly ordered, which may cause some entries to be ineffective."

When this bat file with xcopy and robocopy was used between Windows Server 2010 and Windows 7 Ent, then no any problem with permission was exist. Problem became with new configuration.

Server dir

The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered... c5effe4d-1363-4ad3-9371-d96980222e6d?upload=true.png

Local dir

The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered... f35ed65f-48bd-477d-b54c-44ab4976c623?upload=true.png

Thank you.

:)

MilanSalka, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Aug 22, 2019
  4. The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered...

Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered...

1. The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered... - Similar Threads - permission directory are

2. Windowapps directory permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowapps directory permissions: I have been trying to install a new update to a program I installed through the microsoft store. Sadly the program doesn't meet the minimum API requirements to be distributed through the store currently but I still want to have the current version I can download through the...
  3. Windowapps directory permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windowapps directory permissions: I have been trying to install a new update to a program I installed through the microsoft store. Sadly the program doesn't meet the minimum API requirements to be distributed through the store currently but I still want to have the current version I can download through the...
  4. Incorrect permissions on Windows Search directories in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Incorrect permissions on Windows Search directories in Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this article, we will talk about some solutions to fix the “Incorrect permissions on Windows Search directories” issue in Windows 11. This error message occurs due to Windows Search permission issues. According to the affected users, many of their newly installed...
  5. unwanted permission restrictions on directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unwanted permission restrictions on directory: I have a directory on an external drive that has become password protected with no read access. We did not create these access restrictions and don't know how they happened. Any attempt to read from the directory gets a message about not having read access. Any attempt to...
  6. Incorrect permissions on Windows Search directories

in Cortana
    Incorrect permissions on Windows Search directories: Hello, Most of the users are facing issue with indexing I tried troubleshooting and i get this error. [ATTACH] I tried to rebuild index, repaired office package, checked the permissions on the windows search folders, Disabled and re-enabled the feature dism...
  7. windows security "the permissions on OS (c:) are incorrectly ordered"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security "the permissions on OS (c:) are incorrectly ordered": when I try to create a new Directory on C:/ I cannot create or modify users on the C:/ [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-the-permissions-on-os-c-are/8e068d03-0b59-4a57-a3b8-96e97bd316a6"
  8. problem with directory permissions / installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with directory permissions / installation: I run a piece of software called videopsalm. It was working fine for several months, then after a windows update it started having problems writing the temp files it needs. (unable to find/write temp files in documents subfolders) I've uninstalled it and I'm trying to...
  9. Incorrect directory size reported in "Properties"

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect directory size reported in "Properties": I'm trying to ascertain the size of my User folder. Right clicking on C:\Users\myusername directory shows 297 GB, however, I know it is much larger than that; the a certain folder within my User folder, for example, is over 400GB. I believe the size of the folder is actually...
  10. Windows permissions for Windows.old directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows permissions for Windows.old directory: EDIT: So Disk Cleanup is a far better alternative if you are stuck with Windows.old for whatever reason. There are going to be a few straggling files, but only in the MB instead of the GB, and it wont kill your OS. Still make sure you make a manual restore point before, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the permissions are incorrectly ordered