Windows 10: The perpetual breaking of my systems by windows update!

Discus and support The perpetual breaking of my systems by windows update! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Brand spanking new laptop PC, Windows update has broken it twice and after hours of work I get it back then... Guess what??! Update brakes it again!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheMadOne, Jul 12, 2019.

1. TheMadOne Win User

The perpetual breaking of my systems by windows update!

Brand spanking new laptop PC, Windows update has broken it twice and after hours of work I get it back then... Guess what??! Update brakes it again! Now it is stuck in a contentious loop of stating it failed to complete updates and is resetting the problem. Restarts and we do it all over again, and again, and again. Don't cha think its about time Microsoft hired back some real programmers and computer software engineers instead of lesser paid "techs"! It has become down right pathetic. More and more the support boards are full of the statement "Yet again windows update has broken -(insert something here.. cards, chips, peripherals, or the infamous start up loop)". Its time to scrap the whole Windows base and rebuild it from the bottom up! Oh and once again I'll manage to get it fixed I'm sure with little or no help from these or other Microsoft "support" boards.

Good God, is there anyone in the upper echelon in Microsoft Corporate who really gives even the slightest damn about or over all of these screwed up OS and Update failures and the years worth of hours their users have to go through to fix the problem that never should have made it out of the box??!

Later... much!

:)

TheMadOne, Jul 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. The perpetual breaking of my systems by windows update! - Similar Threads - perpetual breaking systems

2. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  3. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  4. update breaks my interney

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update breaks my interney: WhenI update a scurity update it deletes my lan card but when i uninstall it,it becomes normal pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-breaks-my-interney/533a79bd-2b40-4b4b-bb30-941ce956c66c
  5. Perpetual Windows 10 Update Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Perpetual Windows 10 Update Failure: Hi all,Since December, I have been unable to update Windows 10. Updates fail with error code 0xc1900101. As I understand it, this is a driver-related issue, but I have tried every solution I have found on the net, including those from Microsoft Support. Nothing works. I have...
  6. Windows update Breaking my laptop

Windows update Breaking my laptop: After the december 2020 windows update KB 4586781 my laptop goes into blue screen whea uncorectable error. As soon as I open my website nextotech to edit, it restarts with blue screen....
  7. Latest Intel MEI drivers via Windows update break my system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Intel MEI drivers via Windows update break my system: This week Windows update offered new Intel Management Engine drivers, which screw up my system. After an hour or so, CPU is stuck at 90-95C and the system runs in slow motion, eg after mouse-click on start button it takes a minute to open the start menu. I have...
  8. Windows update breaks my computer

Windows update breaks my computer: I need help to either prevent Windows 10 from updating my computer or a fix to Windows so that the update does not break it. I have an old HP laptop that works great. Does what I need and really do not see any reason to spend money to get a new one. However, Microsoft...
  9. Windows Update breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User

Windows Update breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User: Hi, one of my applications is running as a service started from the SYSTEM-user and was using OpenGL before without any problems. No I have problems on machines that have Windows Version 1903 - A regular Deskop User gets an opengl-context without any problems, but the...
  10. Windows Updates break my computer

Windows Updates break my computer: When Windows 1803 was pushed last summer, it failed to install and broke things so badly it backed out of the install, though it left the system broken. It took me a week of research and work to install it by hand (using a downloaded image) and fix my BIOS. Even after this it...