Windows 10: The Persistence of Folder Attributes

Discus and support The Persistence of Folder Attributes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [img] I know how to change folder attributes so that's no biggie. I change stupid attributes like #, Title, and Contributing Artists, etc. to more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Corona, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Corona Win User

The Persistence of Folder Attributes

The Persistence of Folder Attributes [​IMG]

I know how to change folder attributes so that's no biggie.
    I change stupid attributes like #, Title, and Contributing Artists, etc. to more useful ones like Size and Length.

However after I've changed all the attribute columns to the ones I want (Size and Length), everything stays as I've set them, until I later decide to add or subtract or change another folder or file within that set of folders/files. Then it decides to reset all the attributes back to the original (default, I guess) ones pre-ordained by the god known as MS.

Is there a way to make these attribute changes more...persistent?

:)

Corona, Aug 21, 2019

2. Change file attribute to 'unhide'

Hello Walt,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the attribute of any file/folder to unhide.

Step A: Show Hidden files

1. Open Windows Explorer(win logo key+E) or My computer.

2. Now click on View on top of the window.
    3. Untick ‘Hidden items’ in the options.

Step B: Change file attribute

1. Once the hidden file is located, right click on the file/folder you want to change the attribute for.

2. Go to ‘properties’, untick the box facing hidden.

3. Now, Click on ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 21, 2019
  3. changing file and folder attributes

Continuing the theme of changing attributes....
    i now realise that certain file attributes can’t be user defund, as they are read only....
    But it seems gilders are even worse.....I have 12 folders January to December.......but windows list these alphabetically......such that April is first followed by August.

cant see any way of changing the sort order, although there may be a way to sort by an attribute, but it seems that It is NOT possible to assign ANY folder attributes......nothing much has changed in this matter since XP....

unless anyone one knows differently

reddwarf4ever, Aug 21, 2019
  4. The Persistence of Folder Attributes

Shawn Brink, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

The Persistence of Folder Attributes

1. The Persistence of Folder Attributes - Similar Threads - Persistence Folder Attributes

2. File attributes for user account persistently on read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File attributes for user account persistently on read only: I think I have just started having this problem two days ago. I wasn't able to save on my C drive in the documents folder and thought reinstalling stuff will work. Now I see that everything in the User directory has been set to read only. I tried deselecting the option but...
  3. File attributes for user account persistently on read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File attributes for user account persistently on read only: I think I have just started having this problem two days ago. I wasn't able to save on my C drive in the documents folder and thought reinstalling stuff will work. Now I see that everything in the User directory has been set to read only. I tried deselecting the option but...
  4. File attributes for user account persistently on read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder attributes

Folder attributes: Need to be able to easily add/change attributes, e.g selecting a bunch of files and being able to say what week or semester they are in, saves having to create daunting folder structures...
  6. Date Attributes of Parent Folder based on Child Folder Attributes

in Windows 10 Support
    Date Attributes of Parent Folder based on Child Folder Attributes: Hi, Running Windows 10 ver 1909 (build 18363.1256) I am looking for a way to change Date Attributes (at the very least, the Date Created attribute) of a series of Folders. Each folder has one or more sub-folders that have a date in the Folder Name, and each of their Date...
  7. Persistent Folder

Persistent Folder: I opened a discussion earlier on about a folder which keeps showing up on my desktop despite my most earnest attempts to remove it. It did disappear for a day or so, so I marked the issue as Solved. Bad Move! : That Persistent Folder is back again. Will no one rid me of...
  8. changing file and folder attributes

in Windows 10 Support
    changing file and folder attributes: Hi I have a large number of photos i need to tag, want to use the properties attributes, is there any way of changing the Location attribute, maybe an application ? Title & Subjest were easy....... Thanks 132033
  9. Folder Attribution

Folder Attribution: How shall I remove the "Read Only' attribution from a folder / file in Win 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-attribution/fa83146a-1157-47ea-9f3e-71fd42f9446c"
  10. Persistant folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Persistant folders: Under my username/documents I have two folders that simply will not go away. I've checked them with Norton and with Antimalware, and they register as being clean. If I delete them they just come back, usually with a slightly different name. The name of one will start with AI...