Windows 10: The Phone Link app in Windows 10 shows it is connected on the left panel, but unable to...

Discus and support The Phone Link app in Windows 10 shows it is connected on the left panel, but unable to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A picture might help; as you can see the left panel indicates it's connected but the right panel says it can't connect.I've tried restarting and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MartinDimmock, Feb 21, 2024.

1. The Phone Link app in Windows 10 shows it is connected on the left panel, but unable to...

A picture might help; as you can see the left panel indicates it's connected but the right panel says it can't connect.I've tried restarting and reconnecting; confirming battery optimisation isn't the problem and even reinstalling on both Windows and Android.

:)

MartinDimmock, Feb 21, 2024

2. Phone link shows connected, can't open apps

When I open Phone Link on PC, it shows all my phone's recent messages and also shows texts as they come in. But, when I try to load any app, it says that I need to connect to the same WIFI, which of course, I am seeing that I am getting all my notifications from my android phone to my PC.. I am using WINDOWS 10

brooke18az, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Cvrk Win User

The Phone Link app in Windows 10 shows it is connected on the left panel, but unable to...

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

The Phone Link app in Windows 10 shows it is connected on the left panel, but unable to... [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

The Phone Link app in Windows 10 shows it is connected on the left panel, but unable to...

1. The Phone Link app in Windows 10 shows it is connected on the left panel, but unable to... - Similar Threads - Phone Link app

2. Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone: Microsoft states that OnePlus is now supported for showing my android apps in Phone link, yet they do not. In the Features section, Apps doesn't even show. My device is the OnePlus Open with up-to-date OS and apps.Everything works fine for syncing notifications, photos,...
  3. The Phone Link app in Windows 10 shows it is connected on the left panel, but unable to...

The Phone Link app in Windows 10 shows it is connected on the left panel, but unable to...: A picture might help; as you can see the left panel indicates it's connected but the right panel says it can't connect.I've tried restarting and reconnecting; confirming battery optimisation isn't the problem and even reinstalling on both Windows and Android....
  4. Phone link is not showing android apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link is not showing android apps: I am running Android 13 and Windows 11. I have the latest update for the phone link app on both my phone and windows. For some reason, I don't have the ability to run Android apps or use my phone from my PC.What am I doing wrong?...
  5. Phone link is not showing android apps

Phone link is not showing android apps: I am running Android 13 and Windows 11. I have the latest update for the phone link app on both my phone and windows. For some reason, I don't have the ability to run Android apps or use my phone from my PC.What am I doing wrong?...
  6. Phone Link will not connect in the computer's app - shows connected in iphone settings and...

Phone Link will not connect in the computer's app - shows connected in iphone settings and...: I've had my computer about a month, and this phone link app has only connected maybe 5 times. In bluetooth settings on iphone, it shows connected to my computer. In bluetooth and devices settings on computer, my iphone shows connected. But the computer Phone Link app shows...
  7. Phone Link will not connect in the computer's app - shows connected in iphone settings and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link will not connect in the computer's app - shows connected in iphone settings and...: I've had my computer about a month, and this phone link app has only connected maybe 5 times. In bluetooth settings on iphone, it shows connected to my computer. In bluetooth and devices settings on computer, my iphone shows connected. But the computer Phone Link app shows...
  8. Fix Phone Link unable to connect

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Phone Link unable to connect: [IMG]When trying to connect the smartphone to the computer using the Phone Link app, you may get an error that says Phone Link is unable to connect. This error appears when the user scans the QR code using the app on his phone. In this post, we will see how this issue can be...
  9. Phone Link - Link To Windows tab apps or phone screen not show up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link - Link To Windows tab apps or phone screen not show up.: Why menu apps or phone screen not show up in my device ? is my device not supported with phone screen or apps ?im using Xiaomi POCO F3thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-link-to-windows-tab-apps-or-phone/977cf47c-045a-49b6-a912-27caefeaab14
  10. Phone Link - Link To Windows tab apps or phone screen not show up.

Phone Link - Link To Windows tab apps or phone screen not show up.: Why menu apps or phone screen not show up in my device ? is my device not supported with phone screen or apps ?im using Xiaomi POCO F3thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-link-to-windows-tab-apps-or-phone/977cf47c-045a-49b6-a912-27caefeaab14