Windows 10: The Photos App is Changing the Color of my Photos

Discus and support The Photos App is Changing the Color of my Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The photos app is auto-editing all of my pictures and it's making it difficult to view them easily. When I open pictures it shows the actual image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jay53209, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Jay53209 Win User

The Photos App is Changing the Color of my Photos

The photos app is auto-editing all of my pictures and it's making it difficult to view them easily. When I open pictures it shows the actual image before correcting after about 3 seconds.

For example, this is what the original image looks like:

The Photos App is Changing the Color of my Photos [​IMG]

This is what it looks like when I open it in photos:

The Photos App is Changing the Color of my Photos 1ff28b20-64f4-4592-b5ee-28631679106b?upload=true.png

The colors of the photo are completely ruined. I have to upload all of my images to lightroom to view the actual image. There is no option in the settings for me to turn this off.

How do I fix this?

:)

Jay53209, Mar 13, 2020

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 13, 2020
  3. display color changed after using photo app

Original Title: Windows 10 Photo

I would like to find out why when going to a single photo in the photo app it changes color. I have my monitor calibrated but when viewing with the window 10 photo app it will change the color .

ReginaStone, Mar 13, 2020
  4. The Photos App is Changing the Color of my Photos

Can i change the background color of the windows 10 photo app?

the background for the windows 10 photo app is black, and that is bad for transparent png and gif files.
    i normally wont use it but the desktop photo viewer is giving trouble
    is there a way i can change the background color to white?

The Photos App is Changing the Color of my Photos [​IMG]

xdarkmario, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

The Photos App is Changing the Color of my Photos

1. The Photos App is Changing the Color of my Photos - Similar Threads - Photos App Changing

2. Photos on the Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos on the Photos app: whenever i open a photo on the photos app the window is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-on-the-photos-app/fd33ab0a-316b-4f83-88cc-aa34a50a18e6
  3. Photos App changing color of my photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App changing color of my photos: Hello, I have an issue with the Photos app changing the color of my photographs after loading them. Even with one instance, removing the greyscale!I have uploaded a video of it in action to OneDrive: 2024-02-06 14-45-17.mkvThis happens with photos legacy as well....
  4. Photos App changing color of my photos

Photos App changing color of my photos: Hello, I have an issue with the Photos app changing the color of my photographs after loading them. Even with one instance, removing the greyscale!I have uploaded a video of it in action to OneDrive: 2024-02-06 14-45-17.mkvThis happens with photos legacy as well....
  5. Photo app changes photo on opening it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app changes photo on opening it.: I am a photographer and only just bought an acer aspire 5 with windows 11. I noticed that every time I open a RAW photo in the photos app it appears the right colours and shades first then changes the entire photo to a darker one like it was being modified. unfortunately I am...
  6. Photo app changes photo on opening it.

Photo app changes photo on opening it.: I am a photographer and only just bought an acer aspire 5 with windows 11. I noticed that every time I open a RAW photo in the photos app it appears the right colours and shades first then changes the entire photo to a darker one like it was being modified. unfortunately I am...
  7. Photos app keeps changing photo destination

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos app keeps changing photo destination: Hello! I've been able to import photos just fine in the past, but recently the Photos app has changed where my photos get imported to. I want to import them to my external hard drive, where they have been going, but Windows keeps changing the destination. This is when I...
  8. Photos not printing in color

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Photos not printing in color: Not printing some stuff in Color but ppt stuff prints in color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-not-printing-in-color/0c8cce97-cd11-4475-8920-8391f8db3a65
  9. window photo app not color calibrated

window photo app not color calibrated: Can't believe MS would replace a program like photo viewer which has color management and looks right with a generic photo app that is overly saturated and contrast. Your window phone is gone, so stop doing generic program app. They even removed enhance photos and the...
  10. Change Windows Photo Viewer Background Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows Photo Viewer Background Color: I would like to change the default background color in the Windows Photo Viewer program, not the new app, the original Photo Viewer. I have tried the registry key fix but it does not seem to work with Windows 10. (Create new DWORD 32bit value in...