Windows 10: The photos app no longer has a feature to create videos.

Discus and support The photos app no longer has a feature to create videos. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What happened?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Darren Parker - MSFT, Jul 24, 2018.

1. The photos app no longer has a feature to create videos.

What happened?

:)

Darren Parker - MSFT, Jul 24, 2018

2. editing video in windows 10 photo app

Thanks for the information.

If the issue happened after installing the Polarr Pro, we suggest that you uninstall the app first and check if the photo app will work.

To uninstall a program in Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Look for Programs and Features.
    • Right-click Polarr Pro.
    • Click Uninstall.

Get back to us with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 24, 2018
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 24, 2018
  4. The photos app no longer has a feature to create videos.

Videos and photos no longer opening

Hi Serge,

Videos and photos can be opened anytime as long as the program supports it. You will only cannot open it if they become corrupted.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concerns with opening files, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What is the program you're using to open videos and photos?
    • Where is the "view mode" you are talking about?
    • How do you open videos and photos?
    • What is the format of your videos?
    • What is the format of your photos?
    • Have you opened these videos and photos before?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can we have a screenshot?

Get back to us once you provide us these additional information.

Johann Eva, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

The photos app no longer has a feature to create videos.

1. The photos app no longer has a feature to create videos. - Similar Threads - photos app longer

2. Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos: I've been using the Win 10 photos app to shrink the size of videos for the last 2.5 years until about 10 days ago. Now there is no comparable shrinkage in the file size without a significant loss in image quality. If I retain the image quality the file size bloats. I use the...
  3. Photos app no longer has the favourites feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app no longer has the favourites feature?: Hi allI've just moved to using a new PC with a fresh windows 10 install. On my previous windows 10 PC the photos app had a heart shaped button at the top of each photo in order to add them to a favourties album but this is not present on my new PC. Was the feature removed or...
  4. Photos app no longer has the favourites feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app no longer has the favourites feature?: Hi allI've just moved to using a new PC with a fresh windows 10 install. On my previous windows 10 PC the photos app had a heart shaped button at the top of each photo in order to add them to a favourties album but this is not present on my new PC. Was the feature removed or...
  5. Create Video in Photos App

Create Video in Photos App: When creating a Video in the Photos App, a file in the Pictures folder was created call Video Projects. It was easy for me to delete these files when disk space use became excessive. I recently installed the newest release of Windows 10 and the Video Projects folder is not...
  6. My photos app has no create project for making videos, help?

My photos app has no create project for making videos, help?: I just bought a dell Inspiron and have been trying to edit video but cannot find the Create project button that was on my old photos app on my old laptop. The app version is Microsoft Photos 2019.19071.12548.0 © 2019 Microsoft Corporation. I updated the laptop since getting...
  7. Photo App- not having the Video project feature

Photo App- not having the Video project feature: My version of Windows 10 doesn't have a N. I read that in some versions you need to download a feature media file but when I tried is keep saying that my windows version don't need that update. What I can do to find the video project feature?...
  8. Custom Created Video is not exporting in Photos App

Custom Created Video is not exporting in Photos App: Hi, I have created a customised video in Windows 10 Photos App's video editor section. After having created that video, whenever I am trying to export the video it is giving me an error for insufficient memory with an error code 0X8007000E , 2-3 hours after I have kept it...
  9. "Create Video with Music" feature in Photos App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Create Video with Music" feature in Photos App: Why the above mentioned feature is not available on the insider build photos app ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-video-with-music-feature-in-photos-app/1b46ab34-89d7-4a75-ace2-99ff06732f9f"
  10. photo app doesnt have create new feature

photo app doesnt have create new feature: my photo app doesnt have the create new feature for video editing i have windows home single language - 1607 and im using a mercer laptop is there anyway i can use that feature or things i have to install?...