Windows 10: The pictures displayed before I sign in are out of focus. how can I make them be in focus?

Discus and support The pictures displayed before I sign in are out of focus. how can I make them be in focus? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The pictures usually displayed before I click my mouse to bring up my sign in password are out of focus. How can I set my laptop so the photos appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jamesdoneganXI., Jul 26, 2020.

1. The pictures displayed before I sign in are out of focus. how can I make them be in focus?

The pictures usually displayed before I click my mouse to bring up my sign in password are out of focus. How can I set my laptop so the photos appear again before my sign in appears?

:)

jamesdoneganXI., Jul 26, 2020
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Jul 26, 2020
  3. lolcocks Win User
    Apps look out of focus until I mouse over them

Hmmmmmmm, strange.
    Can I know a list of apps this is happening with and also which graphic card you are using?

lolcocks, Jul 26, 2020
  4. jams3575 Win User

The pictures displayed before I sign in are out of focus. how can I make them be in focus?

Focus assist notifications cleared automatically before I can read them.

Is there a way that I can set up focus assist so that I can manually clear each notification after I view it. Right now, I get a list of notifications, and I am able to view only one of them. Once I view that one, the entire list is cleared automatically.
    I would like to be able to view all of the entries, and delete each one manually from the list after I view it. Is there a setting that I can modify in order to achieve this ability?

jams3575, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

The pictures displayed before I sign in are out of focus. how can I make them be in focus?

1. The pictures displayed before I sign in are out of focus. how can I make them be in focus? - Similar Threads - pictures displayed before

2. Focus Assist - how can I uninstall it

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus Assist - how can I uninstall it: Configuration: Windows 10 x64 bit latest version, 64 Gig Ram, ATI 8 Gig Video I lost my Windows boot sector installing an old version of Malwarebytes. Manually copied the data - formatted the hard drive and reinstalled everything - yes it took two days with all the updates....
  3. Lock Screen Picture Totally Out Of Focus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Picture Totally Out Of Focus: Two issues. My Logitech mouse cursor is hanging up and then suddenly jumping. I understand this is a Logitech issue, in all probability, but I think a fix they suggested might have caused another problem. They suggested going to Device Manager, mouse/pointing devices, and...
  4. Out of focus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Out of focus: Hello. A few days ago (09/09/19, there abouts) I started noticing text/icons in my desktop windows falling out of focus. At first it seem to be mainly be the text, now it seems to have progressed to the icons and the complete window dialouge/frame in whole. [ATTACH] As...
  5. Screen out of focus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen out of focus: Today I am witnessing for the first time two thin lines around one third up from the bottom of my screen and at the bottom almost a third along the bottom line is broken dots. The words written inside this area are two toned and inverted plus all the writing or icons in the...
  6. Why is the the background picture on the sign-in screen out of focus after 1903 update?.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is the the background picture on the sign-in screen out of focus after 1903 update?.: After the 1903 update the background picture on the sign-in screen is out of focus. Weird ... I know. Any idea how to fix this strange occurrence? FYI, I am referring to the sign-in screen discussed in this article....
  7. Focus assist notifications cleared automatically before I can read them.

Focus assist notifications cleared automatically before I can read them.: Is there a way that I can set up focus assist so that I can manually clear each notification after I view it. Right now, I get a list of notifications, and I am able to view only one of them. Once I view that one, the entire list is cleared automatically. I would like to be...
  8. Edit Photos to make Characters out of focus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edit Photos to make Characters out of focus: need to make a photo defused / very out of focus Character are black, but I want the characters to be out of focus. will be use in an ad. ***Original title: photo out of focus***...
  9. photo out of focus

photo out of focus: need to make a photo defused / very out of focus Character are black, but I want the characters to be out of focus. will be use in an ad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-out-of-focus/d143878a-db7c-4da0-97eb-de379d6e1a98
  10. Apps look out of focus until I mouse over them

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps look out of focus until I mouse over them: I've noticed this before, and it's been happening for a while now, but before it was just with a couple specific apps. Now it's affecting a lot more, like Chrome, Steam, and Discord. Fonts and pictures will look somewhat blurry and pixelated, until I hover the mouse over...