Windows 10: The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

Discus and support The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So for some reason when I enable my auto-hide taskbar it just changes the placement of my desktop apps and foldersis this a new windows update with new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MaskedCoder, Sep 14, 2022.

1. The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

So for some reason when I enable my auto-hide taskbar it just changes the placement of my desktop apps and foldersis this a new windows update with new profiles of taskbarregards MaskedCoder

:)

MaskedCoder, Sep 14, 2022

2. Auto hide taskbar not working

Hi Susan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about auto-hiding Taskbar on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to Taskbar settings, try the below and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties
    • Under Taskbar tab, check mark the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 14, 2022
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 14, 2022
  4. The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

Hide taskbar in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

One of the most likely causes of auto-hide not working is the Action Center which provides alerts if your system hasn't updated in a while. The Action Center is the system tray icon of a white flag. To determine if it is what is
    preventing auto-hide from working, click on it in the System Tray, then close the window that appears. If Auto-Hide starts working that was the cause. It can be disabled:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Open "Notification Area
      Icons" (use the search box at the top right if you don't see this listed)
    • Towards the bottom of this window click the text link: "Turn System Icons On or Off"
    • Change "Action Center" to
      OFF.
    You can refer to the followings steps to enable the auto-hide taskbar.

• Right click on task bar and select properties.
    • Select "Auto hide the Taskbar"
    • Save the changes by clicking on Ok.
    Note: See that “Lock the Taskbar” is not enabled. If it is, you may disable it by right-clicking on taskbar and un-checking it.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 14, 2022
Thema:

The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

1. The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled - Similar Threads - placement desktop icon

2. Why are all the desktop icons rearranged when using Taskbar Auto Hide option in Taskbar...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are all the desktop icons rearranged when using Taskbar Auto Hide option in Taskbar...: https://aka.ms/AAk93qdIs there any logical explanation on this behavior? Why are the Desktop icons rearranged completely when I auto hide the taskbar?Normal desktop icon arrangement without hiding taskbar:Rearranged desktop icons when hiding taskbar:...
  3. The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled: So for some reason when I enable my auto-hide taskbar it just changes the placement of my desktop apps and foldersis this a new windows update with new profiles of taskbarregards MaskedCoder...
  4. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...
  5. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...
  6. Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled: I've just installed the WIN11 update in my Acer Aspire 5 laptop and I'm used to keep the taskbar hidden, only showing up when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. One of the most automatic movements I make is to move the cursor directly to the right bottom to check...
  7. Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled

Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled: I've just installed the WIN11 update in my Acer Aspire 5 laptop and I'm used to keep the taskbar hidden, only showing up when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. One of the most automatic movements I make is to move the cursor directly to the right bottom to check...
  8. desktop icon placement

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icon placement: have windows 10 on desktop computer; desktop icons won't stay where i want to place them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-placement/fb04adfa-5fb8-485a-a552-64bea6d55e4b
  9. Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode: I have a Surface Book 2 and I set Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to On in Settings ->Taskbar, but it reverts itself to Off. Is there a permanent fix to this?...
  10. Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared: I had no problem to auto-hide taskbar on my desktop with Windows 10 PRO 64X ver. 1703 and to my surprise that most of my desktop icons disappeared. I don't want my desktop icons disapper on my monitor screen and how do I prevent them not to disappear even I move the slide to...