Windows 10: The Plus function /new tab has changed, it does not take me to yahoo

Discus and support The Plus function /new tab has changed, it does not take me to yahoo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Normally, when I click on the plus sign for a new tab, I get the yahoo start page. But this afternoon, I clicked on the plus sign and now I get what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RaymondWindoz10, Dec 20, 2018.

1. The Plus function /new tab has changed, it does not take me to yahoo

Normally, when I click on the plus sign for a new tab, I get the yahoo start page.

But this afternoon, I clicked on the plus sign and now I get what appears to be a google start page with several shortcuts for several of the bookmarks I have posted in my bookmarks bar.

When I hit the plus sign, and get the bookmarked shortcut apps, it still says yahoo in the search bar (see the attachment ). It does not say yahoo directly, but it has the yahoo icon in purple in the search bar.

I don't know why this change occurred unless it was an update I am not aware of.
    I checked my Settings.......Advanced Settings.......Manage Search Engines.....and I checked my default, but yahoo is still my primary search engine.

I also deleted a few of the additional search engines I acquired.

Yahoo is my default search engine.
    Google is my default browser.

If I want to go to yahoo, I have to hit the shortcut on the bookmarks bar.
    How do I delete the current function and be able to go to yahoo after I hit the plus sign.
    I know yahoo is not the preferred search engine, but I like the current news and weather that they have on their start page that I don't find somewhere else.
    How can I return to the previous setup?

Thanks

:)

RaymondWindoz10, Dec 20, 2018

2. yahoo mail plus on windows phone

Is email experience any different for yahoo mail plus account holders when compared to regular yahoo mail users? Currently i see that

• there is no push available
    • no server search
    So i was wondering if i sign up for a plus account, will these feautres be available?

AT&T Samsung Focus (Mango)

Windows 7

Dan Gandhi, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Yahoo Plus email on 5800 XM and other email questions

Hi all,

I have a Yahoo Plus account on yahoo.com which seems to use different email servers from the basic free Yahoo accounts. The default Yahoo Mail setup on the 5800 XM assumes the imap server used with the free accounts and will not allow the server type to
    be reset to pop3 used with the Plus accounts. It tells me to create a new email account instead - but how?

It seems I need to find a menu on the phone that can create an email account (with all custom options like servers, protocal etc) plus presumably, be able to delete unwanted email accounts etc.

Can anyone tell me how to do this (step by step)?

Thx

avmad

ps: Although I have downloaded Nokia Messaging now, I would like to have the native email functionality working properly.

avmad---01, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

The Plus function /new tab has changed, it does not take me to yahoo

my default search eng is google but i see yahoo on the tab

Chrome/Settings/Search Engine: Yahoo►'Remove from this List'

The Plus function /new tab has changed, it does not take me to yahoo [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

The Plus function /new tab has changed, it does not take me to yahoo

1. The Plus function /new tab has changed, it does not take me to yahoo - Similar Threads - Plus function tab

2. Window's "GPU" selector does not function for me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window's "GPU" selector does not function for me: Hello everyone, I'm a first-time poster on this forum and I've encountered a problem with Windows' GPU selection feature. Windows offers a functionality wherein it should ideally select the most suitable GPU for an application, given a choice between two GPUs. The selection...
  3. Window's "GPU" selector does not function for me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window's "GPU" selector does not function for me: Hello everyone, I'm a first-time poster on this forum and I've encountered a problem with Windows' GPU selection feature. Windows offers a functionality wherein it should ideally select the most suitable GPU for an application, given a choice between two GPUs. The selection...
  4. New Notepad with Tabs has search code functionality issues and more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Notepad with Tabs has search code functionality issues and more: When searching as an example today 178.128.187.233 by copy and pasting this text in the search bar it is actually searching this string and never finds the entry - 178.1`28.187.233.All TXT files default to Wrap text when opened or created which is also new oddity. New or...
  5. New Notepad with Tabs has search code functionality issues and more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Notepad with Tabs has search code functionality issues and more: When searching as an example today 178.128.187.233 by copy and pasting this text in the search bar it is actually searching this string and never finds the entry - 178.1`28.187.233.All TXT files default to Wrap text when opened or created which is also new oddity. New or...
  6. Change what the Function key does

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change what the Function key does: How do we change the function the 'fn key' is doing? I wanna add a function on a key to change to the next song on Groove. There was a key for that in the older versions of Dell Laptops, but now there is no key for it....
  7. Changing PATH does not take effect

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing PATH does not take effect: I have extended the PATH as in the attached screenshot, but when I open a new CMD Prompt, the directory I have placed at the end of the PATH is missing.*Confused [img] 134488
  8. The Plus function /new tab has changed, it does not take me to yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    The Plus function /new tab has changed, it does not take me to yahoo: Normally, when I click on the plus sign for a new tab, I get the yahoo start page. But this afternoon, I clicked on the plus sign and now I get what appears to be a google start page with several shortcuts for several of the bookmarks I have posted in my bookmarks bar. When...
  9. Folder name change does not take

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder name change does not take: Hi everyone, After using Macs for the past 20 years, I am in the process of switching to PCs. My last Mac was a 2012 Mac-mini, which I liked very much. Unfortunately, it recently died due to a logic board problem. The current minis have soldered in RAM, which is something...
  10. Alt/Tab has changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt/Tab has changed: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10. On W7 alt/tab would expand each open application window such that they were full size when alt/tab'd or mouse'd over to it. But on W10 they do not show full size unless you bring the app into focus by releasing alt/tab. I suspect MS did...