Windows 10: The pointer is jumping and clicking on the first icon on the taskbar.

Discus and support The pointer is jumping and clicking on the first icon on the taskbar. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is happening often and randomly. the laptop has touch screen and w 10. seems that is happening whit and without mouse connected.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ovidiu Muresan, Jan 25, 2021.

1. The pointer is jumping and clicking on the first icon on the taskbar.

This is happening often and randomly. the laptop has touch screen and w 10. seems that is happening whit and without mouse connected.

:)

Ovidiu Muresan, Jan 25, 2021
  2. jabbsc Win User

Pointer jumps to first icon on taskbar...

The pointer (not touchpad or mouse) will just jump and click the first icon on the taskbar. Ive tried to troubleshoot but I am not a comp tech.

I disabled the touchpad and used a mouse... Still happens.

Ive boot in safemode and ran Norton... Still happens.

I installed Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool... Still happens.

I shut down and hid Cortana and it just started clicking the task view.

Im lost... Any advice?

Thanks,

jabbsc, Jan 25, 2021
  3. jabbsc Win User
    Pointer jumps to first icon on taskbar...

The pointer (not touchpad or mouse) will just jump and click the first icon on the taskbar. Ive tried to troubleshoot but I am not a comp tech.

I disabled the touchpad and used a mouse... Still happens.

Ive boot in safemode and ran Norton... Still happens.

I installed Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool... Still happens.

I shut down and hid Cortana and it just started clicking the task view.

Im lost... Any advice?

Thanks,

jabbsc, Jan 25, 2021
  4. MDJ
    MDJ Win User

The pointer is jumping and clicking on the first icon on the taskbar.

Windows 10 problem with duplicated icons in taskbar, broken Jump Lists

Hello,

I‘ve been recently having a problem with duplicated items in taskbar and broken Jump Lists. I‘m now using Windows 10 but this problem occurred in Windows 8.1 too but then it somehow fixed itself. Some programs that I pin to taskbar have a tendency to duplicate themselves when clicked on. For now, I‘ve noticed this behaviour only in Skype and Spotify but it‘s still very annoying since duplicate icons take valuable taskbar space and even more—make Jump Lists of those programs broken, meaning that you can still see tasks program developers provided but after you click them nothing happens.

I‘ve tried loads of times pinning, repinning, deleting whole User Pinned folder from %appdata%/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Quick Launch, clearing Jump List folders manually and automatically with Command Prompt commands as suggested here with no luck. The only thing I did achieve was when I pinned Skype to taskbar in my other user account, then copied the newly created shortcut from Use Pinned folder to my User Pinned folder—this made Skype Jump Lists working but duplicate icon in taskbar remained.

I‘ve recently found a tutorial which may force taskbar to use only one icon per app but I can‘t check this right now as 7+ Taskbar Tweaker isn‘t yet officially available for Windows 10 users.

Thank you for taking your time and reading my message, any suggestions would be appreciated,

P. S. I don‘t know if this is related but I can‘t pin any Control Panel item to Quick Access whilst I can pin folders. Interesting side of this is that pinned Control Panel items appear in File Explorer's Jump List but after clicked I get a message that item is unavailable and that it might have been moved, renamed or removed.

Thema:

The pointer is jumping and clicking on the first icon on the taskbar.

1. The pointer is jumping and clicking on the first icon on the taskbar. - Similar Threads - pointer jumping clicking

2. Touchpad issue - pointer jumps to bottom left corner of the screen while clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad issue - pointer jumps to bottom left corner of the screen while clicking: This has been a problem on each PC I've had, and I've scoured community boards trying to find a replication of the same issue and solution but have never been able to fix the problem. I've tried hard resets, reboots, updating drivers, disabling the touchpad, re-installing...
  3. Middle-clicking Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Middle-clicking Taskbar icons: Does everybody know that middle-clicking on a Taskbar iconcan/will open another instance of that item Cheers, Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/middle-clicking-taskbar-icons/e4c80196-181c-4689-8848-c2b9993fea2e
  4. Windows 10 - Mouse pointer jumping.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Mouse pointer jumping.: Greetings Ever since I switched my OS to Win 10, I've been experiencing problems with mouse pointer. More specifically, during any activity that demands more intense mouse usage, regardless of it being app full-screen, or something in the browser, the mouse pointer,...
  5. pointer jumps

pointer jumps: The pointer on my screen jumps by itself to the upper right hand corner of the screen. This happens in between 30-60 seconds. I tried swamping out the wireless track ball and it still happens so I figured that its a problem with windows and not Logitech. Any ideas??...
  6. Pointer jumps around in Bios

Pointer jumps around in Bios: Hi, Can someone please help me with this issue? When I start up my PC it automatically goes into Bios mode then as soon as bios mode opens, the pointer jumps around everywhere and starts selecting & changing different settings so I have to be prepared to quickly press...
  7. Mouse pointer jumps on second monitor with different scaling when right-clicking

Mouse pointer jumps on second monitor with different scaling when right-clicking: Can Microsoft confirm this is a bug and fix it? I have a laptop with a 1920x1080 screen with text scaling set to 125%. I have a second monitor plugged in to extend my desktop. The monitor has a scaling of 100%. If the monitor is set up to be on the right, the mouse cursor...
  8. mouse pointer jumping aroung

mouse pointer jumping aroung: Hi there, I have a Surfacebook with Windows 10 professional. I have been having mouse pointer issues for a over 4 months now and have tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue. Basically the issue is that when the pointer moves across the screen it jumps. When...
  9. mouse pointer jumps automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse pointer jumps automatically: I recently bought new laptop from HP with Windows 10 Preinstalled. I noticed that while using touchpad, sometimes the mouse pointer jumps and goes to another place than the place earlier it was. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, troubleshooted the problem,...
  10. Desktop icons not responding on first click, opening other icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not responding on first click, opening other icons: Win 10 Pro x64 1607, Classic Start desktop, setting=single-click open, system drive is fast SSD As detailed in another thread, I've had problems going from 1511 to 1607, but have settled in with the latter for the past week. To try to sort a couple of problems, I ran a...