Windows 10: The ports on my laptop are not working

Discus and support The ports on my laptop are not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought an HP laptop which runs windows 10 version 1809. My ports such as USB and audio jack do not work when a mouse or pair of earplugs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FahimMasud, Jul 30, 2019.

1. The ports on my laptop are not working

Hi, I recently bought an HP laptop which runs windows 10 version 1809. My ports such as USB and audio jack do not work when a mouse or pair of earplugs are plugged in. My earplugs are the ones that come with the iPhone 6. All these worked on my previous laptop which was an Acer. The laptop model I have now is an HP 15s-du0034tx. The laptop I am using now where the ports do not work is a new laptop which I have just bought recently. Could any of you please be able to provide me with the solution of how to fix this problem.

:)

FahimMasud, Jul 30, 2019
  2. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Jul 30, 2019
  3. USB 2 port not working in Windows 10 on Samsung Notebook

Hi Tomale,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Since all the USB ports are working and the problem is with the USB 3.0 port in the right side of the laptop, then this issue is with that particular port.

You can contact the manufacture of the laptop to get it done.

As a workaround, I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run hardware troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting
      in search box.
    • Select view all on the top left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and follow the prompts to
      run the troubleshooter.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 30, 2019
  4. The ports on my laptop are not working

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

The ports on my laptop are not working

1. The ports on my laptop are not working - Similar Threads - ports laptop are

2. Laptop's port not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop's port not working: Hi i have a laptop that has two ports. one is working fine but other one is not working. when i insert mouse or keyboard in the port mouse light turns on but mouse not working. and laptop plays the sound of insert and eject at the same time. it does same thing every time. can...
  3. Laptop's port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's port not working: Hi i have a laptop that has two ports. one is working fine but other one is not working. when i insert mouse or keyboard in the port mouse light turns on but mouse not working. and laptop plays the sound of insert and eject at the same time. it does same thing every time. can...
  4. Laptop's port not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Every port on my laptop isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every port on my laptop isn't working.: My pc ports are not working!!! helpSo 2 months ago I got a new laptop and I backup the old laptop files and ready to reset my old laptop so I did it but the thing that I forgot is the option reset my pc without my files so I just boot up my pc using a bootable usb device so I...
  6. Every port on my laptop isn't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every port on my laptop isn't working.: My pc ports are not working!!! helpSo 2 months ago I got a new laptop and I backup the old laptop files and ready to reset my old laptop so I did it but the thing that I forgot is the option reset my pc without my files so I just boot up my pc using a bootable usb device so I...
  7. Every port on my laptop isn't working.

8. Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working: Hello everyone,I am stumped with an issue and wondered if anyone knew how to fix it. I have been in contact with Microsoft and Lenovo about my brand new bought less than a week ago Lenovo idea pad 5 ideapad 5-15ARE05 Laptop - Type 81YQ not having the line in function. Usually...
  9. Dell Latitude laptop port not working

Dell Latitude laptop port not working: Whenever I plug in my USB mouse and keyboard they turn on for like 5 seconds and then turn off. Afterwards i then check Bluetooth and other devices in the Setting and it tells me i have a driver error(see below for picture) [img] It is becoming a more and more of a...
  10. USB port is not working in my laptop

USB port is not working in my laptop: Hi ihave one port is not working,the other two ports working,I uninstall the USB Root hub and restart the PC but did't fixit,then i remove the Check from the box labeled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power,didn't fix it,itraying to Disable Selective...