Windows 10: The Powershell call operator breaks my ISE

Discus and support The Powershell call operator breaks my ISE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I have been developing a Powershell script using Powershell ISE, and for the most part i am very happy about it, however i have encountered what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PowerNoob, Jun 18, 2019.

1. PowerNoob Win User

The Powershell call operator breaks my ISE

Hello

I have been developing a Powershell script using Powershell ISE, and for the most part i am very happy about it, however i have encountered what i believe to be a bug in the call operator (&).

When i use the call operator followed by a "pure" string everything works as it should, the command works and ISE runs as usual, but when i use the call operator followed by a variable, the command executes correctly, however ISE will no longer use the intellisense function to automatically show a drop-down list of possible variables when using "$". It is still possible to press ctrl + space to force the drop-down to appear. This error will disappear when you delete the call operator or the variable.

Here is an eksample:
    (This courses the problem)
    $c = 'C:\Path\To\Script'
    & $c

(This does not course the problem)
    & 'C:\Path\To\Script'

I hope someone is able to help me understand what is happening here, and if it is a bug then give me an alternative solution to executing a script on the local PC though a script.

I use Powershell version 5.1.17763.503

:)

PowerNoob, Jun 18, 2019

2. Windows Powershell ISE Cannot Find the ISE Module

For some reason all the sudden when I start windows Powershell ISE it now states in red that

ipmo : The specified module 'ISE' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.

Any suggestions on how to get this PowerShell ISE back to it's original State?

I need it so bad for working with NANO services.

Erik K Little, Jun 18, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    What are these Powershell ISEs for?

Hi Watercolorslessthan3,

Click this link for a full Explanation of Powershell ISE and the difference between Powershell and the Integrated Scripting Environment:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/scr...

DaveM121, Jun 18, 2019
  4. NikolaSpo Win User

Powershell ISE Altgr+B

Hi all,

i'm having strange problem regarding using powershell ise on windows 10. As i'm from Croatia, i use Croatian keyboard and to open curly bracket i need to use Altgr + B ( { ).

The problem is that in new ISE is using Altgr+B for "Break All" in debugging.

Has anyone find a solution to this problem, it would be great if we could have an option to customize the keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks in advance,

NikolaSpo, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

1. The Powershell call operator breaks my ISE - Similar Threads - Powershell call operator

2. issue with Powershell ISE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issue with Powershell ISE: I get this error when running scriptConnect-MsolService : The term 'Connect-MsolService' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try...
  3. issue with Powershell ISE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    issue with Powershell ISE: I get this error when running scriptConnect-MsolService : The term 'Connect-MsolService' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try...
  4. issue with Powershell ISE

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. is PowerShell ISE important ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is PowerShell ISE important ?: Hi community ,hope everyone is doing well . i have a question which is "is PowerShell ISE important or can i uninstall it ?" . Regards,Manas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-powershell-ise-important/5f60df63-2fe3-4dfa-9b4b-6c5ca77cf77b
  6. Powershell ISE issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Powershell ISE issue: Unable to open PowerShell ISE x64 in admin mode nor user login mode. As PowerShell ISE x32 bit is working fine. Kindly suggest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-ise-issue/776ffd19-f785-4cda-9962-f32b0e3a693b
  7. Powershell ISE Will Not Start

Powershell ISE Will Not Start: Hello, I'm having an issue with Powershell ISE. Powershell itself works just fine, as does Powershell x86 ISE. I'm on Windows 10 1909. Since ISE is no longer supported, did they break something with release 1909? I also tried on my jump box that is also on 1909 and...
  8. PowerShell scripts not working with Call operator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell scripts not working with Call operator: Hello I have been developing a Powershell script using Powershell ISE, and for the most part i am very happy about it, however i have encountered what i believe to be a bug in the call operator (&). When i use the call operator followed by a "pure" string everything works...
  9. PowerShell ISE Focus

PowerShell ISE Focus: When running portions of a script in PowerShell ISE, it would be nice if the focus didn't switch to the immediate window below. Now I have to use some form of Ctrl+Tab (or my mouse) to get back to the script pane to test the next line of my script as I'm building my script...
  10. What are these Powershell ISEs for?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What are these Powershell ISEs for?: https://i.imgur.com/yaSWw24.png What are these for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/what-are-these-powershell-ises-for/cb4689eb-5a93-4da5-9913-8b0c09aea282

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 and powershell ise script red fonts results null