Windows 10: The PowerShell command “Get-WindowsCapability -Online” doesn't list all languages and...

Discus and support The PowerShell command “Get-WindowsCapability -Online” doesn't list all languages and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The command "Get-WindowsCapability -Online" gives a long list of languages and components that I can then install using "Add-WindowsCapability -Online"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thecodz, Oct 18, 2020.

1. thecodz Win User

The PowerShell command “Get-WindowsCapability -Online” doesn't list all languages and...

The command "Get-WindowsCapability -Online" gives a long list of languages and components that I can then install using "Add-WindowsCapability -Online" but it doesn't list all of them. For example if I go into Windows Settings > Time & Language > Language I can add through the GUI there English Belize and other languages which are not listed by "Get-WindowsCapability -Online".

How can I list or install the missing components using PowerShell? Thanks.

:)

thecodz, Oct 18, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

The PowerShell command “Get-WindowsCapability -Online” doesn't list all languages and... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

The PowerShell command “Get-WindowsCapability -Online” doesn't list all languages and...

Language list appears when there is only one keyboard layout used in a user account

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There are a few steps that you could follow to remove the language that is not being used on your system.

Please follow the steps below:

Method 1:

1. Click on the start button, type in ‘cmd’ and right click to see the options. Select ‘Run as administrator’.
    2. Type the following command and hit Enter. Command: Lpksetup /u
    3. This will open the Install or Uninstall display languages panel.
    4. Select the language that you wish to uninstall, click on ‘Next’ and the Language Interface Pack will start uninstalling. You will then be asked to restart your computer.
    Restart the system and check if this worked out for you. If not, please follow the ‘Method 2’.

Method 2:

1. Right click on Windows Start > Windows Powershell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste the following command in Powershell and press enter. Command: Get-WinUserLanguageList
    3. You will get the languages which are installed. Make a note of language tag of the language which you want to retain. Let's say that this language tag is en-GB.
    4. Copy and paste the following command in Powershell and press enter. Command: Set-WinUserLanguageList en-GB
    5. This will remove the other languages from your system.

Note: If you want to add a language pack again, you can do that by navigating to Start>Settings> Time & language > Region & language.

Select ‘Add a language’, this will add the language to your system.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. The PowerShell command “Get-WindowsCapability -Online” doesn't list all languages and... - Similar Threads - PowerShell command “Get

2. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  3. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  4. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  6. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  7. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

8. powershell commands

powershell commands: I would like a PowerShell ISE command to open a .flac file at a certain time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-commands/ea3b6d02-cddd-419d-9ba5-a18f14e67ba5
  9. Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. In powershell run as administrator when I try to run this command: Get-AppxPackage -allusers foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$$_.InstallLocation\ I get this error: Get-AppxPackage : The term 'Get-AppxPackage' is not recognized as the name...
  10. Adding a language from the language list using PowerShell

Adding a language from the language list using PowerShell: Hello everyone! I have this problem, I'm learning PowerShell at school and we had to use PowerShell to add a language to our computers. I wrote the code, but I only understood how to replace the language, so I had my keyboard layout in Russian and I replaced it to English,...