Windows 10: The previous system shutdown at xx was unexpected.

Discus and support The previous system shutdown at xx was unexpected. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently my computer has started rebooting when I play graphic-intensive games, such as WoW or assasins creed origins. Games like LoL or witcher 3 has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PurelyTechIssue, Nov 30, 2020.

1. The previous system shutdown at xx was unexpected.

Recently my computer has started rebooting when I play graphic-intensive games, such as WoW or assasins creed origins.

Games like LoL or witcher 3 has no issues.

I have a pretty good computer, and play in 4k.

So to make a list:
    Symptoms:
    - PC reboots during some games. No bluescreen. A simple reboot.

Troubleshooting steps taken so far:
    -First thing I did was checking Event viewer, and filter for 1074, 6006, 6008.
    The log for the most recent reboot says "The previous system shutdown at 21:35:00 on ‎30/‎11/‎2020 was unexpected."
    Details:
    "<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

-<System>
    <Provider Name="EventLog" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="32768">6008</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-11-30T20:38:11.9891613Z" />
    <EventRecordID>27935</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-GM5RML5</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data>21:35:00</Data>
    <Data>‎30/‎11/‎2020</Data>
    <Data />
    <Data />
    <Data>8</Data>
    <Data />
    <Data />
    <Binary>E4070B0001001E001500230000003F00E4070B0001001E001400230000003F003C0000003C000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
    </EventData>
    </Event>"
    -Checked C:\Windows\Minidump for a dump file, but it's empty
    -Checked C:\Windows for a dump file, but there is non.
    -Verified that under "start-up and recovery" the setting "automatically restart" is unchecked, and that "write debugging info" is set to "automatic memory dump" and that it should save to %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP
    -Tried running stresstests for GPU and CPU. I've tried these: 3d mark timespy, cinabench and heaven benchmark. Ran all in 4k, no problem.
    -Downloaded msi afterburner and set fans to 99%, problem persists. I have only 1 monitor, so can't say with 100% certainty, but while I've checked, GPU never goes above 74 degrees celsius.
    -downloaded CPUID HWmonitor. CPU never goes above 57 degrees celcius during the stresstests. Haven't checked this in-game yet.
    -Tried using compressed air to dust out the PC
    -The PC is placed on heated flooring atm. Tried placing books beneath the case. Didn't help. Also, The PC case doesn't feel hot, and you can barely feel any warmth on the back of the computer, on the fan next to the motherboard.
    -Pc has rebooted 6 times today. In Event Viewer all are listed as errors. Yesterdays reboots listed some as "errors" and some as "information".
    Copy/paste from one of the "information": "The process C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE DESKTOP-GM5RML5 has initiated the restart of computer DESKTOP-GM5RML5 on behalf of user DESKTOP-GM5RML5\Lars for the following reason: Other Unplanned
    Reason Code: 0x0
    Shut-down Type: restart

Comment: "
    When I googled that it led me to someone with a similar issue, but they got Blue screened. For them the solution was to go in to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sppsvc and start to vlaue 4, to disable windows automatic search for a valid lisence.
    Didn't work for me.

Things I've noticed: Sometimes I can play for 3 hours before it reboots. Sometimes less than 5sec. It seems totally random.

Since I can't find the dump or minidump files, I don't know what you need.

:)

PurelyTechIssue, Nov 30, 2020

2. The previous system shutdown was unexpected

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that your Computer shuts down automatically and gets error code
    6008, "The previous system shutdown was unexpected".

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I appreciate the efforts who took to resolve the issue. I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please refer the suggestions given by
    Ronald K
    using the below link and check if that helps.

The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

Also refer the suggestions given by Shinmila H using the below link and check if that helps.

unexpected shutdown "event id=6008"

Note : This article applies to Windows 10 also.

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Nov 30, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    "The previous system shutdown at X on Y was unexpected"

Hi, suggest you start by checking your disk e.g.
    HD Tune v2.55 free
    Health and Error scan tabs

- but many things can cause erratic failure.

A search might suggest more, but no guarantees as to the quality of the results..

The previous system shutdown at xx was unexpected. [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 30, 2020
  4. dannyh5 Win User

The previous system shutdown at xx was unexpected.

The previous system shutdown was unexpected windows 10

there is no blue screen it go's black while playing a game and reboots it's self. driver's have been updated , upgrade to windows 10 aniversary update and yet it just did it again on me about 30 min's after it show's. it really starting to **** me off
    as i see no reason fo it to be happening as i keep it update and all it can say is The Previous system shoutdown was unexpected when it wasn't even shutdown. The previous system shutdown at 12:50:57 PM on ‎8/‎29/‎2016 was unexpected.

dannyh5, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

The previous system shutdown at xx was unexpected.

1. The previous system shutdown at xx was unexpected. - Similar Threads - previous system shutdown

2. The previous system shutdown was unexpected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected: I keep getting consistent bsod This is what I found in event logI have tried: + check, scan, restore health & scansfx in cmd and found no corrupt files+ Doing full scan of the microsoft safety scanner and nothing wrong, too+ Download win11 ISO: my PC can't install this: And...
  3. The previous system shutdown was unexpected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected: I keep getting consistent bsod This is what I found in event logI have tried: + check, scan, restore health & scansfx in cmd and found no corrupt files+ Doing full scan of the microsoft safety scanner and nothing wrong, too+ Download win11 ISO: my PC can't install this: And...
  4. The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected.: Id : 6008 LevelDisplayName : Error TimeCreated : 09/12/2023 18:54:29 Message : The previous system shutdown at 18:34:30 on ‎09/‎12/‎2023 was unexpected.Please find out the issue if you can. Thank you....
  5. The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected.: Id : 6008 LevelDisplayName : Error TimeCreated : 09/12/2023 18:54:29 Message : The previous system shutdown at 18:34:30 on ‎09/‎12/‎2023 was unexpected.Please find out the issue if you can. Thank you....
  6. The previous system shutdown was unexpected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected: Reliability history reports "The previous system shutdown at 9:55:28 PM on ‎11/‎15/‎2023 was unexpected"there are multiple instances the same as this. No other critical errors affecting reliability but this. Tried not shutting down for 2 weeks, no more critical errors. Then...
  7. The previous system shutdown was unexpected

The previous system shutdown was unexpected: Reliability history reports "The previous system shutdown at 9:55:28 PM on ‎11/‎15/‎2023 was unexpected"there are multiple instances the same as this. No other critical errors affecting reliability but this. Tried not shutting down for 2 weeks, no more critical errors. Then...
  8. The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected.: Seems to happen whenever I'm watching videos, but it's not reproduceable so it might not have anything to do with it. It may happen once or twice a week at random.Machine is alredy old from 2014, daily work and gaming use, and originally I tought it was the graphics card, as...
  9. The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

The previous system shutdown was unexpected.: Seems to happen whenever I'm watching videos, but it's not reproduceable so it might not have anything to do with it. It may happen once or twice a week at random.Machine is alredy old from 2014, daily work and gaming use, and originally I tought it was the graphics card, as...
  10. The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging