Windows 10: The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10

Discus and support The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The Print Spooler Service is responsible for managing print jobs which are in turn meant for the printer to handle. If this service ceases to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 22, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 22, 2018
  2. JIng_1618 Win User

Print Spooler Service Not Running

getting Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable.

Windows Print Spooler Service could not be started

tried suggestion one, but stop button is not available when I go to Print Spooler

JIng_1618, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Print Spooler Service Not Running

Hello,

We can offer a few troubleshooting steps related to this issue and see which helps. First, check if you can
    update your drivers, restart your PC after the update and see how it goes.

Another step that we can try is to check if there are print queues left on your printer spooler folder. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to launch the Run
      dialog.
    • Type services.msc and hit the Enter key.
    • Find the Print Spooler services, right-click and select
      Stop.
    • Leave the services window open and launch the Run dialog once again.
    • Type %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\
    • Hit the Enter key.
    • Check if the folder is empty. If otherwise, delete all files.
    • Go back to step 3, right-click and select Start.
    • Restart your PC.
    Keep us posted and let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Nov 22, 2018
  4. The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10

print spooler is not running".

Prior to installing the Windows 10 upgrade my printers (Lexmark X5470 and Canon MG 5520) worked great. Now neither will print, copy, or scan as I receive a message the "print spooler is not running". I went into services, view local services and restarted
    the spooler numerous time, but after each restart, I receive another message "the print spooler is not running". I have downloaded the current software and drivers for the printers, but after restarting the spooler the message still come up "the print spooler
    is not running." There are no error codes associated with the message.

These printers are compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 Pro, but are they not compatible with Windows 10?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Changing the title

Old title – Printer spooler

New title- print spooler is not running".

David G in VA, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10

1. The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Print Spooler Service

2. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service won't stay running - Windows 11: Is there a fix for the Windows 11 Print Spooler Service that I can't get to run? It was working fine until last Tuesday - then no printing. I've removed the printers, uninstalled/reinstalled the software, updated everything. Gone through the suggested steps but problem isn't...
  6. Print spooler not running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print spooler not running: I am using windows 10 home 64 bit with an Epson WF- 4630 printer. Every thing was working great last week, but now can not print anything. I find that my print spooler service is not running per problem asked on Microsoft. How can this problem be fixed? Any help?...
  7. Local print spooler service is not running

Local print spooler service is not running: I have an error message when printing, and this only started since the last Windows 10 update a few days ago. It says "The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine." I have stopped, then restarted the spooler. I have...
  8. Print Spooler not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Spooler not running: The Print spooler service can not run. It comes up with an error 193. All dependancie services are running. When I look in the Event Viewer I see a message that says "This version of Spooler is not compatible with the version of windows your running" Is there a way to...
  9. Print Spooler Service is Not Running

Print Spooler Service is Not Running: My computer stopped being able to print suddenly, and I am getting the Print Spooler Service is Not Running error. I have an HP ENVY 4250 that I attempted to remove (and it's drivers) including a multitude of locations based on recommendations here. However it is still...
  10. "Print Spooler service isn't running"

"Print Spooler service isn't running": For some reason, my printer doesn't show up in applications such as Microsoft Word or Libre Office, although I'm sure that it's connected properly to the computer because it still lets me scan documents. When I troubleshoot the printer, I get this error message: "The Print...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. canon printer slow and spooler does not empty

2. cant see print spooler service windows 10

3. windows 10 i cant find printer spooler services