Windows 10: The printer automatically goes to offline and disconnected.

Discus and support The printer automatically goes to offline and disconnected. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, A HP printer automatically goes to offline and disconnected. The printer is connected with a Windows 10 Home laptop. I did.. Printer reset.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GNJha, Dec 1, 2018.

1. GNJha Win User

The printer automatically goes to offline and disconnected.

Hi,

A HP printer automatically goes to offline and disconnected. The printer is connected with a Windows 10 Home laptop.

I did..

• Printer reset.
    • Printer power cycle.
    • Replaced printer cable for connecting with laptop.
    • Plugged to another USB port of the laptop.
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the printer driver.
    • Checked in both connections (wire and wireless).

In both cases (wire and wireless) and after reinstalling the driver it works fine for sometimes.

After sometimes, it goes offline and disconnected automatically. Also it works fine while printing offline files and gets offline and disconnected while printing online docs/ webpages.

Please let me know, how to fix this issue?

Regards

InTech

:)

GNJha, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Jessen P Win User

Both printers register offline for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Resetting the power to your printer is a quick way to reset the printing system and prepare for further troubleshooting if necessary.

• If the printer is off, turn on the printer, and then check the status of the printer:

• If the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue, your printer is clearing out queued print jobs and is online. You can stop troubleshooting.

• If the printer goes to an idle state after its startup routine, it might be online.

• If the computer still shows the printer as offline, continue using these steps.

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

• Unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet.

• If you are using a USB cable or network cable, make sure that the cable has not become disconnected or damaged.

• Wait at least 60 seconds. Restart the computer while you are waiting.

• Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

• Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

• If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

• Try to print.

• If you can print, the printer is online again. Continue to the next step if the printer goes offline again when printing later.

• If the printer cannot print and remains offline, continue to the next step.

Jessen P, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Frank C Win User
    Printer goes offline

Thanks all for the help.

I set the IPv4 address to 192.168.1.200
    ipconfig shows it as 192.168.1.200
    The printer still shows 192.168.1.5
    What did I do wrong?

The printer automatically goes to offline and disconnected. [​IMG]

Frank C, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Frank C Win User

Printer goes offline

additional information
    The address assigned to the printer, 192.168.1.5 is shown as belonging to another computer (Charlotte) on the local network.
    See Netstat below

Netstat:

The D7260 printer no longer exists. I will try to delete this assignment from the router

Frank C, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. The printer automatically goes to offline and disconnected. - Similar Threads - printer automatically goes

2. printer goes offline everytime laptop enters sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    printer goes offline everytime laptop enters sleep: My HP printer goes offline every time the laptop enters sleep mode. I've run the HP Print & Scan Doctor any number of times and restarted the laptop as instructed. Sometimes it works to let me print one time - and then goes offline again. More annoying - in my Settings I...
  3. Printer always goes "offline" Microsoft 10 issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer always goes "offline" Microsoft 10 issue: Why is this happening?? Brothers Printer MFC-L5850DW goes offline multiple times per day, everyday. Cannot be a printer error bcs it was happening with my HP also...
  4. PRINTER OFFLINE

PRINTER OFFLINE: I can't seem to change the status of my printer to online Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline/7b20d0fe-7e97-4999-a0f2-7503a48bfbab
  5. offline printer

offline printer: How do I get rid of offline printer error? Using Windows 10 JAP and HP Coloe Laser JEt CP2025 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-printer/d48ea916-f95d-4a19-a8a9-47e3e5e886f0
  6. brother mfc-j470dw printer goes offline

brother mfc-j470dw printer goes offline: my brother mfc-j470dw works fine from IOS devices I own, but recurrently goes to "offline" status and will not print. any idea why. this has happened a lot with windows 10, but may have started before that. I can fix it by removing and reloaoding but that is a pain in the...
  7. Printer "Offline"

Printer "Offline": Trying to print but printer queue shows printer "offline". Why can't I connect?? Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline/eef61e54-f4e7-47cb-abc8-4fe7a980a178
  8. Printer offline

Printer offline: Printer is offline and I can't get it back online. Went to settings and printer, and selected print offline. It didn't change to online. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-offline/1a7645c6-c5cd-4e1c-a484-ccc2231dabf8
  9. printer offline

printer offline: 1. how do I make my printer online w windows 10?? usb plugged in and wont print. 2. I want wireless but was on hours last night w no luck. please help tutorial for 5...
  10. Printer goes offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer goes offline: Hello, My HP office jet pro 251 DW goes offline at random times. I reset the router and it is OK for several days. This printer is shared on a local network and it is connected to the router LAN # 2 connection. Printer properties shows the IP to be 192.168.1.5. I don't see...