Windows 10: The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

Discus and support The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ayzat harith, Aug 29, 2022.

1. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how

:)

ayzat harith, Aug 29, 2022

2. window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

Answers to your questions:

• Yes, both are working properly before.
    • Yes, i'm logged in as administrator.
    • No app can use camera or microphone. All apps said to allow in the privacy setting.

And i can't really solve using the adjustment on privacy setting. 'cause as i've said before, everytime i open camera or microphone setting in privacy, the window crashes everytime.

as for the troubleshooting, it couldn't identify the problem.

orangeshearts, Aug 29, 2022
  3. John Vil Win User
    The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open the "Camera" and "Microphone" settings.

Hi Chris,

For us to better assist you and provide you with the appropriate resolution, we would like to know if your Privacy Settings app crash when you open your Camera and Microphone settings as well. If so, we suggest that you check this
    thread and refer to the steps provided by
    Charles_586 to resolve this issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Aug 29, 2022
  4. ChrisGnam Win User

The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open the "Camera" and "Microphone" settings.

I just attempted to view the Camera and Microphone settings on my computer, but I found that the "Privacy Settings" app crashes every time I try to do so. I can open up the settings for everything else with no problem, but the Camera and Microphone ones
    continue to crash the entire app.

I have a Dell running Windows 10.

ChrisGnam, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

1. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings - Similar Threads - Privacy Settings App

2. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.: I have tried opening Privacy Settings directly by using search instead but it doesn't open. If I go to settings first and then click on Privacy, the window just closes. Any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this?...
  3. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.: I have tried opening Privacy Settings directly by using search instead but it doesn't open. If I go to settings first and then click on Privacy, the window just closes. Any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this?...
  4. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings: I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-privacy-settings-app-crashes-when-i-try-to/a52aeb78-59ac-4f59-a9d9-329d13d14500
  6. Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps: Is there a way to allow microphone access to select apps? I have the option to control access to individual Microsoft Store apps, but either all or no desktop apps. Is there an alternative way to restrict access? For example, I'd like to only provide Google Chrome, but...
  7. Microphones not working and settings app crashing when i try to enter "microphone privacy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphones not working and settings app crashing when i try to enter "microphone privacy...: Hi! When i open voice recorder, it says that i need to set up a microphone in settings, and while searching for a solution, one said to open privacy settings and enable microphone in the microphone setting. But whenever i click on microphone in privacy setting, the window is...
  8. Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working.: Okay, I have researched a lot on this matter of the privacy settings on Windows 10 before having to come to this conclusion. My Microphone Privacy settings for the Xbox Game Recorder is Broken. I try to turn the mic on and it says that my privacy settings don't allow that and...
  9. Settings app crashes when opening privacy settings for microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app crashes when opening privacy settings for microphone.: [ATTACH] I was using my microphone on my razer headset a few days ago, until I come back, and it had just stopped working. The headset works fine, but the mic does not seem to be recording any sound. I have already checked the sound control panel and everything is selected...
  10. "microphone privacy settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "microphone privacy settings": I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any other microphones as well. in every app I've tried to talk to others with. it stats that I need to change my privacy settings...