Windows 10: The privacy window under the settings tab refuses to open

Discus and support The privacy window under the settings tab refuses to open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used SFC /scannow in 'safe mode with cmd'. It claimed to have fixed whatever was supposedly corrupted, but it still won't open. In fact, NONE of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gibironi, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Gibironi Win User

The privacy window under the settings tab refuses to open

I used SFC /scannow in 'safe mode with cmd'. It claimed to have fixed whatever was supposedly corrupted, but it still won't open. In fact, NONE of the screens under the privacy tab are opening. I have no idea what's going on. The image below shows the window screen I'm referring to. Nothing in it opens. The window just closes no matter what I click on, whether it be 'microphone', 'camera', etc.

The privacy window under the settings tab refuses to open 98626dc4-0fcf-4dc3-b3c9-297799d16669?upload=true.jpg

:)

Gibironi, Apr 21, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Apr 21, 2021
  3. settings refuses to open

Does it crash when opening from the Start (cog icon) and when searching for "Settings app" in Cortana?

Can you check if the Settings actually closes;

1. Click on Settings even though it will disappear.

2. Right click bottom of screen (taskbar) and select Task Manager. It should open in the Processes tab.

3. See if Settings is displayed in the list of processes.

The common solution provided in the forum is creating a new user account. The steps are here ->

Settings doesn’t launch, or launches the Store instead

Yasshiel Zhang, Apr 21, 2021
  4. The privacy window under the settings tab refuses to open

Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that the Microphone Privacy settings for the Xbox Game Recorder is not working.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows + R key to open Run command.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click Ok.
    3. Select the Recording tab from the top.
    4. Right click on the microphone and select both
      Properties.
    5. Click on Listen tab and check the box beside Listen to this device.
    6. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

The privacy window under the settings tab refuses to open

1. The privacy window under the settings tab refuses to open - Similar Threads - privacy window under

2. Windows 10 settings refusing to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 settings refusing to open: So I've been facing some issues with my settings these past few weeks, every time I try to open it it just automatically closes, at the start I've had problems with stuff inside settings not workingdata usage not appearing, windows updates not working but now the entire app...
  3. Windows 10 settings refusing to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 settings refusing to open: So I've been facing some issues with my settings these past few weeks, every time I try to open it it just automatically closes, at the start I've had problems with stuff inside settings not workingdata usage not appearing, windows updates not working but now the entire app...
  4. Windows 10 settings refusing to open

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Privacy settings and settings in general not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy settings and settings in general not opening: Why is not the Settings not opening and privacy Settings not opening. What are the causes? I can't take a picture cuz it only shows it tries to open in a quick flash and its gone....
  6. Privacy settings and settings in general not opening

Privacy settings and settings in general not opening: Why is not the Settings not opening and privacy Settings not opening. What are the causes? I can't take a picture cuz it only shows it tries to open in a quick flash and its gone....
  7. "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open: With the latest Build 22538 in the Dev channel, The performance tab in task manager is alone not loading up Whenever I tap on it, The whole task manager application closes. Please suggest me any way to fix it! I've filled it even on feedback-hub, if you are facing the same,...
  8. "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open

"Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open: With the latest Build 22538 in the Dev channel, The performance tab in task manager is alone not loading up Whenever I tap on it, The whole task manager application closes. Please suggest me any way to fix it! I've filled it even on feedback-hub, if you are facing the same,...
  9. Windows 10 Settings Refuses to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Refuses to open: Hello everyone, This has been occuring for a few months now and I am getting sick of it. My settings app refuses to open as when I try it will flash the settings screen and automatically close it. I have tried using command prompt, win + I, going into the app settings...
  10. Opening Activity History under Privacy settings crashes Settings app instantly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening Activity History under Privacy settings crashes Settings app instantly?: I'm just trying to turn it off. I tried redownloading all apps via Powershell already. submitted by /u/GenderJuicy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/er5zhu/opening_activity_history_under_privacy_settings/