Windows 10: The problem during setting up Windows To Go from my USB flash drive. Loop "Why did my PC...

Discus and support The problem during setting up Windows To Go from my USB flash drive. Loop "Why did my PC... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was setting up Windows To Go WTG using ISO image Windows 10 from Microsoft Windows site, a USB 3.0 drive and the program Rufus on my USB flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vladislav Hladkykh, Nov 14, 2021.

1. The problem during setting up Windows To Go from my USB flash drive. Loop "Why did my PC...

I was setting up Windows To Go WTG using ISO image Windows 10 from Microsoft Windows site, a USB 3.0 drive and the program Rufus on my USB flash drive.Unfortunately, the setup process was not completing.Instead, I was stuck in a loop.One part of that loop had me looking at a screen with question: "Why did my PC restart?"Can anybody give me some tips how to solve this problem?P.S.I have found next:Why did my PC restart? Loop How to Fix “Why did my PC restart?” Infinite LoopSolution for “Why did my PC restart?” Infinite LoopBut this information concerning a usual PC, not a USB flash drive.My h

:)

Vladislav Hladkykh, Nov 14, 2021
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Nov 14, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 14, 2021
  4. 7.62 Win User

The problem during setting up Windows To Go from my USB flash drive. Loop "Why did my PC...

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

Thema:

The problem during setting up Windows To Go from my USB flash drive. Loop "Why did my PC...

1. The problem during setting up Windows To Go from my USB flash drive. Loop "Why did my PC... - Similar Threads - problem during setting

2. why does my pc not boot from usb flash drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my pc not boot from usb flash drive?: I am trying to do a clean install of windows 10. I have done everything that is said, but don't work. What am I doin wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-not-boot-from-usb-flash-drive/a4f9bf5a-3d2a-4bd2-b701-68787c37206f
  3. why does my pc not boot from usb flash drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my pc not boot from usb flash drive?: I am trying to do a clean install of windows 10. I have done everything that is said, but don't work. What am I doin wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-not-boot-from-usb-flash-drive/a4f9bf5a-3d2a-4bd2-b701-68787c37206f
  4. why does my pc not boot from usb flash drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The problem during setting up Windows To Go from my USB flash drive. Loop "Why did my PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The problem during setting up Windows To Go from my USB flash drive. Loop "Why did my PC...: I was setting up Windows To Go WTG using ISO image Windows 10 from Microsoft Windows site, a USB 3.0 drive and the program Rufus on my USB flash drive.Unfortunately, the setup process was not completing.Instead, I was stuck in a loop.One part of that loop had me looking at a...
  6. The problem during setting up Windows To Go from my USB flash drive. Loop "Why did my PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The problem during setting up Windows To Go from my USB flash drive. Loop "Why did my PC...: I was setting up Windows To Go WTG using ISO image Windows 10 from Microsoft Windows site, a USB 3.0 drive and the program Rufus on my USB flash drive.Unfortunately, the setup process was not completing.Instead, I was stuck in a loop.One part of that loop had me looking at a...
  7. Why did my PC restart? - Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did my PC restart? - Loop: I got a new laptop from my dad and it loops like this: I turn it on I do the things required to get past Wait at Just a moment And then it restarts without a warning and the loop restarts Before he gave it to me, he erased the hard drive for me to select the OS that I...
  8. Why did my pc restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did my pc restart loop: Hi, i just reset my laptop and after resetting it says “Why did my pc restart”. Basically, it says there is something wrong and i need to connect to internet and install an update. But after i connect to wifi, it says “just a moment” and gets back to “Why did my pc restart”...
  9. Why did my pc restart loop.

Why did my pc restart loop.: My pc when i factory restarted it was going fine then when it was finish , I tryed to get through it like normal, After i was finish with the region and language, i clicked next it did not show the wifi screen and just went to just a moment, then when it was finish , it...
  10. "Why did my PC restart?" Loop

"Why did my PC restart?" Loop: Hi! So, I recently recieved a laptop as a gift and upon recieving it, I had an issue. I opened it and I was greeted with the normal blue screen that asks to set settings and such, but the real problem occured when I clicked next. A screen popped up saying "Why did my PC...