Windows 10: the problem is that the window key on pressing is not opening the start,and even after...

Discus and support the problem is that the window key on pressing is not opening the start,and even after... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; please tell me how can i fix it.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HimanshiSharma1, Mar 5, 2021.

1. the problem is that the window key on pressing is not opening the start,and even after...

please tell me how can i fix it.

:)

HimanshiSharma1, Mar 5, 2021

2. Opening start menu problem

Hello John,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are facing issues with several functionalities in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the below link helps you to resolve the issue at the first place.

Critical Error – Your Start menu isn’t working. We’ll try to fix it the
    next time you sign in

Now, please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

If issue persist, kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Note: Remember to close all the applications before you run the above Powershell command.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

the problem is that the window key on pressing is not opening the start,and even after...

Random applications opening when pressing any key on the keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that pressing keys in the keyboard opens random application, we will look into this for you. Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you tried using an external keyboard?

In the meantime, you can try the methods mentioned below:

Disable Sticky and Filter keys:

You can also try to disable the Sticky keys and Filter keys and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
      . This will open Control Panel.
    3. Click on View by and select
      Large icons
    4. Click on Ease of Access Center.
    5. Click on Make the keyboard easier to use.
    6. Uncheck the checkbox for Turn on Sticky Keys and Turn on Filter Keys.
    7. Click on Apply and OK.

Disable WindowsInkWorkspace:

To disable WindowsInkWorkspace, please follow the steps mentioned below:

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
    Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      OK
    3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace
    4. If you don’t find WindowsInkWorkspace key then, right click on
      Microsoft key, click on New and click Key.
    5. Rename the new key as WindowsInkWorkspace.
    6. On the right hand pane, right click select
      New
      , and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    7. Rename the key as AllowWindowsInkWorkspace.
    8. Double click on the value and set the value as
    9. Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use an external keyboard and check if you are facing the same issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

the problem is that the window key on pressing is not opening the start,and even after...

1. the problem is that the window key on pressing is not opening the start,and even after... - Similar Threads - problem window key

2. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys: Every now and then when I play games on my PC, the esc key would tab out of the game and open the start menu and every other keys would become unresponsive ex: can't type, can't alt + f4 out of programs/games, etc.. When it happens, the problem persists until I reboot my PC....
  3. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys: Every now and then when I play games on my PC, the esc key would tab out of the game and open the start menu and every other keys would become unresponsive ex: can't type, can't alt + f4 out of programs/games, etc.. When it happens, the problem persists until I reboot my PC....
  4. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pressing left control key opens start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pressing left control key opens start menu: As the title says, whenever I press the left control key, it acts like the windows button and opens the start menu. I know that the keyboard isn't the issue because the same problem happens on multiple keyboards on the same computer.I've tried uninstalling the drivers, and...
  6. pressing left control key opens start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pressing left control key opens start menu: As the title says, whenever I press the left control key, it acts like the windows button and opens the start menu. I know that the keyboard isn't the issue because the same problem happens on multiple keyboards on the same computer.I've tried uninstalling the drivers, and...
  7. pressing left control key opens start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. PC will not start even after BitLocker Key “problem restarting.”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not start even after BitLocker Key “problem restarting.”: I turnes on my computer and suddenly Bitlocker required a key. I found the key by logging in via my phone. I entered the key and my PC still will not restart. I am currently uninstalling the latest quality update. Does anyone know of any other way to get my computer to start...
  9. Press any key to start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Press any key to start: This is as far as I get. Still photo of a plane taking off and music. "Press any key to start" appears. Click it and music continues but the screen goes black. A "wheel" spins in the lower right corner for second each time you click "PAKTS" but goes no further. Just want to...
  10. My PC starts after pressing any of keys

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC starts after pressing any of keys: As the title speaks for itself, my PC on Windows 10 gets started by pressing any keys while I am completely sure that my PC is not into Sleep, Hibernate or Standby modes. I also think that the issue is not related to my ASUS motherboard since I reset it into factory defaults....