Windows 10: The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue!

Discus and support The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Security at a glance Reset Your Security Processor (Clear TPM) What happens now Make sure you backup before you start, or you may lose data.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertAndrews2, Jul 12, 2018.

1. The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue!

Security at a glance

Reset Your Security Processor (Clear TPM)

What happens now

Make sure you backup before you start, or you may lose data.

Select Clear and Restart below.

Your device will restart.

If you see a prompt to complete the clear action, confirm to continue.

You may be prompted to set up Windows Hello (I do not have and I have Windows Live ID. I put this

in when I sign in to my computer (Windows 10) or you PIN again if you've been using them.

Pressing Clear and restart gives me this message:

Windows Defender Security Center

Do you want to allow this app to make changes to this device? Yes or No

Verified publisher: Microsoft Windows

CLSID: {88866959-07B0-4ED-8-8EF5-54BC7443D28C}

1. I don't think anything is backed up that is in this computer - I cannot afford the software to do this or know how to do this.

2. I cannot afford anymore software to fix the problem due to a fixed income, to subscribe to Microsoft Trials or to buy software to fix file problems (WIN Zip) or additional Total AV or AVG software

to solve issues that I am having there.

3. A fixed income Social Security Disability.

4. Need a permanent solution that won't mess up my browsers (both Firefox or Google) or my search engine: SWAG or my emails in YAHOO! and Gmail.

5. Software that I can use that has no spyware or malware that is no charge.

6. (I got no where with Microsoft Support and sending you that transcript of conversation).

The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue! e3a58245-85f5-4791-a698-fe577b947474.png?n=VA%20Avatar%20Revision%20-%20Gray%402x.png
    Hello Robert!
    Agent
    Tell me about your problem and I'll help you find the solution you need.

MeDevice security issue involving Windows Defender.
    Been getting this indicator for 6 months.
    Warning: I cannot afford anymore software, security ware add on etc due to being on a fixed income -
    Social Security Disability. Also do not sell my information to anyone as I cannot afford anything else.
    I go out on a limb to afford basic software like Norton. I'm getting blasted with ads to buy software
    and I cannot afford anymore software as this who affect my medical expenses and EVERYTHING ELSE!
    I already have a very serious heart problem that can turn fatal at any minute. Please do what you can
    to help but sell me anymore hardware or software.

Agent

Here's what I think you are asking about: Using Windows Defender Offline. Is that correct?

Me

No

Agent
    Allow a blocked app in Windows Defender Security Center
    Controlled folder access in Windows Defender Security Center reviews the apps that can make changes to files in protected folders. Occasionally, an app that is safe to use will be identified as harmful. This happens because Microsoft wants to keep you safe and will sometimes err on the side of caution; however, this might interfere with how you normally use your PC. You can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked.
    1. Select Start  > Settings .
    2. Choose Update & security  > Windows Defender.
    3. Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    4. Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    5. Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.

What is Windows Defender ATP?
    Detect, investigate, and respond to advanced attacks against your organization with Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection.
    1. Start your Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection trial
    2. Learn more about using Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection in your organization
    Windows Defender ATP

Agent

Did this solve the problem?

The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue! 5834c9fa-22c8-41ca-bd03-ef6a4faa7823.png?n=VA%20Avatar%20Revision%20-%20White%20Small%402x.png

Rate the Virtual Agent:

The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue! e3a58245-85f5-4791-a698-fe577b947474.png?n=VA%20Avatar%20Revision%20-%20Gray%402x.png
    Hello Robert!
    Agent

Me

I told you I cannot afford anymore software!

Agent
    I found this post on Microsoft Community that might help solve the problem.

Agent
    windows 7 professional is preinstalled, i purchased windows 7 ultimate online, how do iaccess my online purchase for install. the old system has been disgarded is broken
    The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue! 68441cc1-0423-47a4-a305-64bab4c2a7db.png?n=microsoft-community-attr.png
    1. I dont know where to go on the Microsoft site to get my previously purchased software ...
    Read the full article

Agent

Did this solve your problem?

Me

No

Agent
    I found another post on Microsoft Community that might help solve the problem.

Agent
    How can I re download Microsoft on the same computer after already purchasing it?
    The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue! 68441cc1-0423-47a4-a305-64bab4c2a7db.png?n=microsoft-community-attr.png
    1. My computer broke and when I got it fixed they wiped my whole hard drive and my microsoft download went away. I really need it for school and was wondering if I had to buy the softwareagain or if there was a way I could download it again? ...
    Read the full article

Agent

Did this solve the problem?

Hello Robert!
    Agent

Me
    I have Windows 10 that you automatically gave Windows 7 owners after you no longer did anything with Windows XP

Agent

Sorry you’re experiencing some problems with Windows. What can I help you with?

Hello Robert!
    Agent

Me
    Again there is problems with Windows Defender and the security processor.
    I told you I cannot afford any more software. Now please provide a solution
    that DOES NOT require the purchase of any more software or a Microsoft Trial!

Agent
    Try rephrasing or explaining the problem you’re experiencing in more detail.
    This can help me find the right info for you.

Me
    Send me over to a technical support person please. You are not understanding the problem.

Agent

Which one did you mean?

Me
    Contact the Disability Answer Desk

Agent
    OK. You can connect to a person below.

Agent
    Talk to a person
    Thank you for contacting Microsoft
    We will call you at 678-556-1915.
    Expect a call in about 5 minutes.

Agent
    Your call has been successfully scheduled.
    Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Please provide solution to help others also and send me a remedy to my email address:

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** to be permanently placed in a file that is set up which is named:

Computer How Tos.

Thanks for any assistance.

:)

RobertAndrews2, Jul 12, 2018

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue!

win 10 defender issues

Hi,

Windows Defender helps in making your computer secure from any viruses or malware. Listed below are some reasons why the program will not work properly:

• Software conflicts (usually cause with other anti-virus application)
    • Virus and malware infection
    • Corrupted system files

To help you with the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by
    PrashantKumar96
    on this thread
    that can help in running your Windows Defender successfully.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue!

1. The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue! - Similar Threads - Problem Defender Six

2. BSOD Problems for Months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Problems for Months: Hello,THE STORY:I now had Bluescreens and general software/game crashes for a long time. I tried to find out why I have those problems, but just cant find a clear answer.I had them first when I wanted to play GTA Online RP with FiveM and when they showed up I uninstalled it...
  3. BSOD Problems for Months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Problems for Months: Hello,THE STORY:I now had Bluescreens and general software/game crashes for a long time. I tried to find out why I have those problems, but just cant find a clear answer.I had them first when I wanted to play GTA Online RP with FiveM and when they showed up I uninstalled it...
  4. Six Months On: My Review of Windows 10 BROKEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Six Months On: My Review of Windows 10 BROKEN: This is me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/is-there-any-time-table-on-a-coming-fix-for-the/ad983a68-7642-4f5e-aa56-df9bdc8a5fad?tm=1605565447443How lovely it has been this past six months, being forced to randomly hard reboot my...
  5. HELP! six month old win 10 laptop stuck and won't boot!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! six month old win 10 laptop stuck and won't boot!: I have tried EVERY option given when booting up.....although I haven't used a windows pc in many years, in the past I would have simply re-installed operating sys from scratch, back when they came with a windows disk. There is no disk drive, so even if I did have a disk to...
  6. Issue with this month's windows 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with this month's windows 2004 update.: I got the 2004 update but for some reason after updation the system locked me out saying user profile services failed to log in. At first I thought new update altered my profile so i changed my password using my Ms account and the issue wasnt resolved. After multiple attempts...
  7. HP Pavilion Just six months old

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP Pavilion Just six months old: Hello, My personal Laptop I bought from Costco about six moths ago, still under warranty. Apparently a Microsoft download on windows ten did not down load properly. I can get get to the sign on screenit is just a blurry screen. I called the Costco Concierge service, we ran...
  8. BSOD Occuring Daily Atleast Once Since Six Months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Occuring Daily Atleast Once Since Six Months: Hello TenForums, From past 6 months or so, my pc is getting BSOD's almost everyday. Its been a while since i did Format & OS, So i did it in the hope of getting rid of the BSOD, even after new windows 10 install, i'm still facing the BSOD's. Kindly help me in fixing the...
  9. Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?: Windows 10 has been available to the public for six months this week. By the numbers, it's been a hit, with 200 million active users as of the first of the year. Here's Ed Bott's midterm report card. Microsoft released Windows 10 to the public six months ago this week...
  10. Six months on, and let's check in on those 'stuttering' Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Six months on, and let's check in on those 'stuttering' Windows 10 PCs: Gamers say performance woes haven't been addressed as Spring Creators Update looms A long-running glitch affecting some Windows 10 PCs continues to annoy gamers more than half a year after it was supposedly fixed. An anonymous Reg reader alerts us to this ongoing...