Windows 10: The Problem seems to be beyond just a Bluetooth malfunction after Windows update!

Discus and support The Problem seems to be beyond just a Bluetooth malfunction after Windows update! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After I allowed Windows 10 Update (Nov. 9, 2018)-- obeying for the first time the update notification in the Action Center-- it acted like a virus: it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vazhasp, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Vazhasp Win User

The Problem seems to be beyond just a Bluetooth malfunction after Windows update!

After I allowed Windows 10 Update (Nov. 9, 2018)-- obeying for the first time the update notification in the Action Center-- it acted like a virus: it wiped out more than 30 applications, my photos, my setting .etc. So, p. off with such a huge bug (for which Microsoft does not take any responsibility despite reports after reports since 2017) I decided to stop the automatic Updates for good-- but then, after I had worked for days to retrieve/ reinstall anything I could, my Windows announced it was time for a new automatic update after the shut-down of the laptop (HP x360)!! Unfortunately, there is no option in Windows 10 Home edition to prevent the automatic update. Frustrated, I used MS Store online to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional (for an extra $100). Now I could pause the update for 30 days. .So I did .. Then all of a sudden, the MS Store was disabled and I could not reinstall the applications I purchased from the Store. Eventually I thought I might as well agree to the update / recovery... And this time around, the monitor (display) turned into a mess of vertical lines. Reinstalling the graphic drives did not solve the issue. After wasting hours, I went with total Recovery ... and it solved the display issue ... But now, none of my Bluetooth devices are recognized!! Every trick you could imagine (including all routine tips/advice) was used to no avail. ... So we might all wait for a hotfix by Microsoft.-- But when it comes around --if at all-? God knows!

:)

Vazhasp, Nov 28, 2018
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Nov 28, 2018
  3. PROBLEME with BLUETOOTH on NOKIA 6700 CLASSIC !!!

HI.

I HAVE A PROBLEME WITH BLUETOOTH ON MY NOKIA 6700 CLASSIC ........... BLUETOOTH can't be activate.

* I FOLLOW THIS STEPS ;

• menu
    • settings
    • connectivity
    • bluetooth
    • activate
    but he doesn't activate ........................................... so please help me!!!! .

P.S : thanks for your future suggestions

nazim---01, Nov 28, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

The Problem seems to be beyond just a Bluetooth malfunction after Windows update!

Bluetooth in windows 10

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT400/specifications/

P4-630, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. The Problem seems to be beyond just a Bluetooth malfunction after Windows update! - Similar Threads - Problem seems beyond

2. Keyboard malfunction after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard malfunction after Windows Update: I have a HP Omen gaming laptop. After the last Windows update Windows 11, version 22H2, my Function keys started doing some weird things - opening programs that were not asked for instead of doing simple things like turning the volume up and down. I checked for any keyboard...
  3. Keyboard malfunction after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard malfunction after Windows Update: I have a HP Omen gaming laptop. After the last Windows update Windows 11, version 22H2, my Function keys started doing some weird things - opening programs that were not asked for instead of doing simple things like turning the volume up and down. I checked for any keyboard...
  4. Devices malfunctioning after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Devices malfunctioning after update: after the may 11 2021 update, the windows malicious software removal tool x64 -v5.89 -KB890830, my touchpad freezes on its own, my keyboard is difficult to usefor example, instead of holding down shift and pressing 1 to get ! , i now need to hold down shift hold down 1 and...
  5. Bluetooth Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Malfunctioning: Windows 10 on my latest PC. After turning it on, the Bluetooth toggle switch keeps on disappearing. It returns after a restart, but starts to vanish again. It is up-to-date now....
  6. PC malfunction after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC malfunction after update: Just a few days ago when I updated my Windows a minor update after the 20H2 update my pc stopped functioning properly, some of my apps wouldn't open and when I tried reinstalling, the installer wouldn't run or after opening it would show loading or it just wouldn't respond,...
  7. Keyboard seems to be malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard seems to be malfunctioning: So I am facing some issues with my keyboard, few keys are producing weird results which have come to my notice: 1 Down arrow : Adds a space character in normal .txt file, while in MS Excel deletes the characters from the whole cell 2 Spacebar : Adds a space and then goes to...
  8. bluetooth malfunction

bluetooth malfunction: I am having problems with my bluetooth signal from win 10 to my turtlebox speaker. Plays fine for 30 minutes and then begins cutting in and out like the signal is going away. Once I shut down bluetooth on win 10 then restart it immediately, the speaker works fine for...
  9. Bluetooth Malfunctions After Reboot

Bluetooth Malfunctions After Reboot: Hey all, I've had a recurring issue for the past year and a half or so. Whenever I reboot my PC, my Bluetooth is completely inoperable; it's automatically off, and the button that I would use to turn it on isn't present on my Windows 10 control panel. I've been able to...
  10. Windows 10 malfunction after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 malfunction after update: Hi, I am having a lot of issues with the new windows10 updates. After the last update my windows is malfunctioning. the taskbar doesn't work. ony media player, file explorer and ms Edge and chrome are working. I can carry out the basic functions but by large it is not...