Windows 10: The problem with the mouse. The cursor freezes

Discus and support The problem with the mouse. The cursor freezes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; While browsing the web, the mouse cursor freezes. You need to reset the computer to continue to browse the web. 63303 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kaziczek, Sep 10, 2016.

1. kaziczek Win User

The problem with the mouse. The cursor freezes

While browsing the web, the mouse cursor freezes. You need to reset the computer to continue to browse the web.

:)

kaziczek, Sep 10, 2016

2. Mouse pointer hangs and freezes Windows 10.

I had a similar problem with the mouse cursor freezing at unpredictable intervals, using a Microsoft wireless mouse. I tackled the problem by stripping down the numbers of programs that loaded at startup. I eventually solved the problem, but can not say
    with any certainty which was the critical thing I did that cured the freeze problem. However I still had issues with cursor lags, which eventually became sufficiently annoying that I abandoned the wireless mouse and went back to an older wired Microsoft wheel
    mouse. The cursor freeze problem came back. After many unsuccessful attempts to solve the problem I changed the mouse again, this time to an older borrowed IBM wired mouse. Problem solved. The IBM mouse uses a different driver than the previous mice I
    used. It seems that some Microsoft mouse drivers have issues with the current Microsoft operating system. Therefore I'd recommend anyone having mouse cursor freezing issues resistant to other recommended fixes to try a different mouse, using a different
    driver than their current one.

someotherguy3, Sep 10, 2016
  3. Martmcd Win User
    problem with mouse cursor in the box and scrolling

copy of an answer supplied by
    daniel_a1
    4th August. see if that helps.

Well I figured out what was causing the problem. I don't know how I didn't think of this earlier.

The problem was that I had a desktop background set to change every 10 seconds. I also had the option enabled Automatically Pick an Accent Color from my Background. This changed accent color every 10 seconds, in turn refreshing my window.

This was easy to fix and stopped the problem immediately.

The problem with the mouse. The cursor freezes [​IMG]

Martmcd, Sep 10, 2016
  4. ello Win User

so mouse only freezing on web browsing or does it freeze when using your apps too

5. kaziczek Win User
    Install applications and management and uninstalling applications is not a problem. The problem is with the mouse when browsing the web.

kaziczek, Sep 14, 2016
  6. Bigfoot Win User
    Kaziczek, did you ever find out what your problem was and resolve it?

Bigfoot, Jan 15, 2017
  7. kaziczek Win User
    I installed a new motherboard drivers from the manufacturer and has been fixed error. Already it's ok.

kaziczek, Jan 15, 2017
  8. Bigfoot Win User

Thanks for your reply Kaziczek, glad you got it fixed.

Bigfoot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The problem with the mouse. The cursor freezes - Similar Threads - problem mouse cursor

2. Mouse Cursor problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Cursor problem: Hello. I have a problem whenever I try to change my mouse cursor on my computer. I do not know why I have this problem since I have not done anything with my system that I know of since I got it. So basically, whenever I change my cursor in my mouse settings, my cursor loads...
  3. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}: This is the original post on Dec 22, 2022:New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it...
  4. Mouse cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor freezing: To start things off I use a Perixx peripad 704 wireless mouse. When I move my finger across the mouse pad the mouse cursor responds as it should but then it freezes a few seconds later. So what I do is run my finger quickly across the mouse to get it unstuck however a few...
  5. 20H2 Update - Cursor/Mouse freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 Update - Cursor/Mouse freeze: Hi, My Dell XPS-13 7390 on W10 updated to 20H2 / 19042.867 yesterday, and now both the Trackpad and Mouse Microsoft Surface Mouse freeze every 10-20 seconds. I have tried updating all the drivers for both, all on latest version with no previous one to roll back to....
  6. mouse cursor freezing, sluggish

mouse cursor freezing, sluggish: mouse cursor freezing, sluggish I'm using a Lo***ch mouse with right and left finger "pads" and a scroll wheel. [ATTACH] I've disguised the company name Lo***ch, because I have no evidence that the problem is caused by that particular brand. GLOSSARYLOL Move the cursor...
  7. Mouse cursor freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse cursor freeze: Hello, My mouse cursor freezes from time to time which is very annoying. I only use Windows for gaming purposes. I spent the last 2 months away from my Windows computer. I came back last week, played a bit and then did the updates I missed. I noticed the problem after I...
  8. Mouse Cursor Freezing

Mouse Cursor Freezing: I don't know if this is a repeat question, hopefully it isn't, but I'm not finding anything that looks like my situation. I use a drawing tablet and a mouse. As far as I can tell, this only occurs when I use the mouse, but it affects both. Occasionally the mouse will...
  9. Custom mouse cursor problems

Custom mouse cursor problems: Hi, I've recently downloaded some custom mouse cursors from Open Cursor Library and once I applied them they looked great. But, as soon as I used the touchscreen the cursor disappeared and would not show up until I went back into the pointer settings and reapplied them with...
  10. Bluetooth Mouse cursor problem

Bluetooth Mouse cursor problem: I have a gigabyte M7700B bluetooth mouse. This works well with my laptops (which have bluetooth built in) - all efforts to use with my desktop PC however gives a problem.*Sad The desktop required a USB bluetooth dongle - so I bought an admittedly cheap CSR V4. I can set...