Windows 10: The process to buy and install Minecraft REALLY sucked

Discus and support The process to buy and install Minecraft REALLY sucked in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is more or less a feedback post. Not really looking for technical support. As the title states, the process of buying and installing Minecraft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by zze86, Dec 27, 2020.

1. zze86 Win User

The process to buy and install Minecraft REALLY sucked

This is more or less a feedback post. Not really looking for technical support.

As the title states, the process of buying and installing Minecraft for the kids was/has been the most maddening software installation process I've had for the better part of a decade. Went to Minecraft.net and went through ~3 pages before it took me to the Microsoft store to purchase Minecraft. Two or three pages later I had actually bought Minecraft: Java Edition but then it didn't give me any download links. Clicking around I think I clicked on the "Play" button before it then sent me to the MS Game store where it asked me to again buy the game.

After digging around on multiple web pages I finally realized it wanted me to login into a MS account locally before I could actually install it on the PC. Some clicking around later, I finally managed to get a download link. All said it took me ~45minutes from first search to actually download this game! What a dumb messed up process.

After installing the game, I wanted to log in to a remote server that a family member runs for the kids. We have three other PCs with their own separate Minecraft accounts on my home network that currently logs in to that server without any issues. Two of those were logged into that server when I was attempting to install Minecraft. Got an error: "Unable to connect to the server". This is apparently a common error with multiple solution attempts but NO KNOWN working solution. I went through multiple solution paths including checking network settings, checking firewall settings, checking anti-virus settings, resetting the network configurations, checking Windows10 privacy and security settings, checking XBox privacy settings, checking Windows Games settings.

Uggghhhhh....****?!?! If MS wants to integrate Windows10, Windows Games and XBox then having all these settings integrated would be nice rather than having to check in multiple locations locally and on the web.

But none of that worked! So maybe I bought the wrong version of Minecraft....there are TWO DIFFERENT versions of Minecraft for Windows10. Uninstalled the Java edition, went back through the multiple Minecraft web pages, which opened the MS webpage which ultimately opened up the Game store so I could finally install the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.

And...I got the same error. Restarted the PC, went through all the troubleshooting again. And...same error. Restarted PC again as a last ditch effort and...same error.

Four hours. Over a quarter of that time was simply trying to get Minecraft installed. Said to hell with it and asked for a refund for both editions.

:)

zze86, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Dec 27, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 27, 2020
  4. The process to buy and install Minecraft REALLY sucked

Installing full version of Minecraft Error code 0x80090016

Hi Austinramsey,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Are you trying to buy the full version of minecraft from Windows store or other website?
    • Are you log-in using Microsoft account?
    If you are trying to buy the game using Windows store, try the below steps and check if this helps.

Step 1.

I would recommend you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below link to run app troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persist try below steps.

Step 2.

I would suggest you reset the Windows app store and check if it helps.

• Type "Run" on the search bar and hit enter.

• Now type: "WSReset.exe" and hit enter to reset the Windows apps store.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

The process to buy and install Minecraft REALLY sucked

1. The process to buy and install Minecraft REALLY sucked - Similar Threads - process buy install

2. Unable to buy Minecraft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to buy Minecraft?: So yesterday I tried buying minecraft after trying it for a while with a cracked version, but it wouldn't let me purchase it. I triple checked the card number and everything, but I still can't purchase the game. I used a mastercard gift card, which is registered and...
  3. Unable to buy Minecraft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to buy Minecraft?: So yesterday I tried buying minecraft after trying it for a while with a cracked version, but it wouldn't let me purchase it. I triple checked the card number and everything, but I still can't purchase the game. I used a mastercard gift card, which is registered and...
  4. Windows 11 really sucks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 really sucks: The previous version of windows offered me the ability to move the entire task bar from the bottom of the screen to the right sidewith Win 10, the apps were easier to work with by touching them and using the mouse scroll to locate what I needed, now I have to go to the slider...
  5. Windows 11 really sucks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 really sucks: The previous version of windows offered me the ability to move the entire task bar from the bottom of the screen to the right sidewith Win 10, the apps were easier to work with by touching them and using the mouse scroll to locate what I needed, now I have to go to the slider...
  6. Can't buy Minecraft.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't buy Minecraft.: I've been trying to buy Minecraft Windows 10 Java edition. When I enter my card's information, it starts working then says "An error occurred while placing an order, please verify payment info and try again." I triple-checked my card and everything was right. I even followed...
  7. "Buying" Minecraft Realms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Buying" Minecraft Realms: Hi, I'm trying to set up Realms on my son's laptop. After countless hoops, I finally thought I was one step away. If I click "Get Realms Plus" on the the website, it opens up the Minecraft app with my son logged in. There, when I click "Buy for £6.69" it tries to log into...
  8. Buy Minecraft on Xbox?

Buy Minecraft on Xbox?: If I buy Minecraft on my Xbox One, could I download the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for free on my laptop or vice versa? Thanks Kauf von Minecraft auf Xbox?
  9. Buy Minecraft

Buy Minecraft: Assalamualaikum Sir,I want to ask about Buying an Application.So i am planning to buy Minecraft soon,but in windows store payment it require Debit/Credit Card and i dont have that card because im 18-.So the question is "is it allowed to buy Minecraft on local online...
  10. Minecraft buy glitch

Minecraft buy glitch: I bought Minecraft windows 10 edition and when I moved to my new pc I could not download it with the same email I needed to buy it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-buy-glitch/663807fb-c0a7-4401-92f4-eb5d5f76438d"