Windows 10: The process wmiprvse.exe has initiated the restart of0x80070015

Discus and support The process wmiprvse.exe has initiated the restart of0x80070015 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I experienced computer restart without any warning. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, I didn't get any notifications about update, and I think there was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Acronis, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Acronis Win User

The process wmiprvse.exe has initiated the restart of0x80070015

Hi, I experienced computer restart without any warning.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, I didn't get any notifications about update, and I think there was no update today.
    I was opening some .epub file and green screen appeared with restarting message.
    I didnt have any option to stop the restarting.

Later I found this in Event Viewer

Can epub file be the cause? I doubt, I know they are not executable, but today I read about vulnerability in Adobe Reader, so maybe even epub can execute malicious code?

Following this thread and Best answer I find out that I dont have that value in registry:
    [SOLVED] Windows not finding updates and rebooting - Windows Server - Spiceworks

I also follow the advice about preventing "Forced shutdown from a remote system".

How to find what is a real cause of this?

:)

Acronis, Jan 4, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 4, 2019
  3. WmiPrvSe ext hdd activity

I have an external HDD and from what I can see in the task manager, it is constantly being read or used by some process.

I ran Process Monitor and filtered it down the the drive letter and I see that the process wmiprvse is the only process there.

I did some research on it and found a kind of solution. When go into cmd prompt and type net stop wmimgmt, the spikes in task manager stop. I can even restart them, and the spikes do not come back.

I have ran virus and malware scans on all my HDDs and I have found nothing.

I have a windows 10 machine as follows:

Below are pictures of what I have found so far.

Thank you

DavidKernaghan, Jan 4, 2019
  4. ACH-SK Win User

Sign-in process initialization failure

Message popped up (computer hadn't been used in several days, just noticed it when I was straightening up the desk it was on):

Sign-in process initialization failure-

Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed. (OK box)

Facts:

-Bought September 24, 2018

-Preloaded with Windows 10 (no recovery disk in the package)

-Mouse is locked out so cannot press 'OK' using it and no cursor present for use with the finger/key pad (pressing 'enter' has no effect)

-Do not know how to get past this message to attempt any of the suggested start up repairs, clean boot, etc.

Any suggestions?

ACH-SK, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. The process wmiprvse.exe has initiated the restart of0x80070015 - Similar Threads - process wmiprvse exe

2. Interactive sign in process initialization has failed ,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Interactive sign in process initialization has failed ,: how to fix this issue it has came while I was resetting my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/interactive-sign-in-process-initialization-has/174ebd2f-2563-4263-9f3d-f0e540e89eaa
  3. Interactive sign in process initialization has failed ,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interactive sign in process initialization has failed ,: how to fix this issue it has came while I was resetting my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/interactive-sign-in-process-initialization-has/174ebd2f-2563-4263-9f3d-f0e540e89eaa
  4. Interactive sign in process initialization has failed ,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sign-in process initialization failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sign-in process initialization failure.: I recently have purchased and built a new gaming PC abd have only owned it for a few days now. It is a MSI B550 motherboard that has a Windows 10 OSWithout key.When I powered it on today, I was greeted with the message "Sign in process initialization failure." It will not...
  6. Process 1 initialization failed

Process 1 initialization failed: I have an HP Envy that crashed a couple of days ago. I got the BSOD, and the Process 1 initialization failed error, and it won't boot at all. I read enough to know I needed to create the USB drive, and attempted to use it to reinstall Windows, but when it asks where to...
  7. Sign-in process initialization failed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sign-in process initialization failed: sign-in process initialization failure Interactive sign in process initialization has failed. It is on a black screen at power up. I have tried to hit ALT & TAB the dialog box closes but immediately comes back somewhere else on the screen. How can I a semi-computer...
  8. computer is saying interactive sign-in process initialization has failed

computer is saying interactive sign-in process initialization has failed: how can i reset this code and get my computer to power on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-saying-interactive-sign-in-process/8a7b7c8b-c21d-42a1-a54c-a392ed230957
  9. interactive sign in process initialization has failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    interactive sign in process initialization has failed: I restarted my computer last night and when I went to log back in the words ‘interactive sign in process initialization has failed’ showed up, no way to get around it. I tried the Alt + Tab Enter and it didn’t work. I tried the Advanced Options Command Prompt. I have no clue...
  10. "interactive sign-in process initialization has failed",

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "interactive sign-in process initialization has failed",: I'm using Windows 10 home with latedt update. Last night there was logging out problem. And this morning I've not been able to login again to my laptop. The pop-up notification is "interactive sign-in process initialization has failed". The notification remains on the black...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80070015 following reason: no title for this reason could be found

2. wmiprvse.exe trigger a restart 

3. windows system32 wbem wmiprvse.exe initiate restart

4. wmiprvse.exe restart computer,
  5. wmiprvse.exe caused server reboots no warning,
  6. wmiprvse.exe has restarted computer,
  7. No title for this reason could be found Reason Code: 0x80070015,
  8. wmiprvse.exe was restarted by ,
  9. the process has initiated the restart of ,
  10. usocoreworker.exe rebooting computer,
  11. wmiprvse restart computer,