Windows 10: The product key on the label of the packaging for the windows 10 os that I brought is...

Discus and support The product key on the label of the packaging for the windows 10 os that I brought is... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The product key on the label of the packaging for the windows 10 os that I brought is damaged. how do I go about retrieving the product key from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by walter johnfisher, Oct 31, 2019.

1. The product key on the label of the packaging for the windows 10 os that I brought is...

The product key on the label of the packaging for the windows 10 os that I brought is damaged. how do I go about retrieving the product key from somewhere? I have bar code and order number and receipt

:)

walter johnfisher, Oct 31, 2019

2. Windows product key on label differs to retrievd key

UPDATE
    found my own answer...
    apparently the key on the label is the OEM key the manufacturer is obliged to give with an OEM product.

the ' embedded' key found with magicaljellybean is the volume licensing key that the manufacturer uses to bulk activate multiple PC's

Hi
    not strictly a Windows 10 issue.

I did a product key search using jellybean on a Windows 7 PC I am about to upgrade to Windows 10. however the product key I obtained vqb3x .....etc is different from the product key on the sticker on the side of the PC.. .MMVJM....etc

just wondered why it is different ?
    thanks

reddwarf4ever, Oct 31, 2019
  3. MikeB1319 Win User
    Windows 10 product key?

And what, may I ask, should a user do when the windows 10 installer declares the product key is invalid?

I have Windows 7 Professional x64. I purchased the OS (in Redmond of all places!)

I downloaded the winX media tool and used that to download an ISO image (file) with which I created a winX install DVD.

I inserted the winX install DVD in the optical drive and booted the system from that DVD. The installer ran and prompted me for the product key. I entered it in all caps directly from the Microsoft Product Key label on the inside of the product packaging.
    I can give it to you here to verify if you like. The installer just told me it was an invalid key and suggested I check it and try again. I did that twice.

So now what?

MikeB1319, Oct 31, 2019
  4. The product key on the label of the packaging for the windows 10 os that I brought is...

Windows 10 Product Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

How to find your product key depends on how you bought your copy of Windows 10:

• If you bought Windows 10 from an authorized retailer, the product key will be on a label inside the box it came in.

• If you bought a digital copy of Windows 10 from a Microsoft website, the product key will be in the confirmation email you received after buying it or will be distributed digitally as an entitlement, in which case you won't receive a product
      key. For example, if you upgraded to Windows 10 for free, you'll receive an entitlement instead of a product key.

• If you bought a new PC running Windows 10, the product key will be pre–installed on your PC and your PC will automatically be activated, included with the packaging the PC came in, or included on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached
      to the PC.
    Hope this information was helpful.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

The product key on the label of the packaging for the windows 10 os that I brought is...

1. The product key on the label of the packaging for the windows 10 os that I brought is... - Similar Threads - product key label

2. Windows 11 Home product key disappear after brought it in Windows Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home product key disappear after brought it in Windows Store: The key just disappeared from my account. I had not chance to use it. The order has a “complete” status and recipe but there is no product key in any place. I thought that sync my account with a Windows 11 Home installation could activate it. However, it still a non activated...
  3. Windows 11 Home product key disappear after brought it in Windows Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home product key disappear after brought it in Windows Store: The key just disappeared from my account. I had not chance to use it. The order has a “complete” status and recipe but there is no product key in any place. I thought that sync my account with a Windows 11 Home installation could activate it. However, it still a non activated...
  4. I will activation windows 7 but my product key can't read because the label was damaged....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I will activation windows 7 but my product key can't read because the label was damaged....: i will activation window 7. but product key can't read because the label on back laptop was damaged. how can I activation window 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-will-activation-windows-7-but-my-product-key/f63bf3d7-b8ff-4045-bef7-121b50c778d5
  5. I will activation windows 7 but my product key can't read because the label was damaged....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I will activation windows 7 but my product key can't read because the label was damaged....: i will activation window 7. but product key can't read because the label on back laptop was damaged. how can I activation window 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-will-activation-windows-7-but-my-product-key/f63bf3d7-b8ff-4045-bef7-121b50c778d5
  6. Resetting laptop including OS 10. But I don't know OS 10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting laptop including OS 10. But I don't know OS 10 product key: Dear Sir,Can you pl guide me as to how I can reset my PC for factory defaults. I purchased this laptop online thru amazon and later came to know that it is refurbished laptop. Windows 10 was already installed. Also I do not have windows 10 OS product key. But in the system it...
  7. Windows OS product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows OS product key: My laptop had windows 7 pro. it was later upgraded to windows 10 and it has been activated on line. Now my laptop has become very slow and the service engineer suggested me to format the laptop and reload OS Please advise and if need arises please send me the product key of...
  8. Can I use dual OS with same product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use dual OS with same product key?: Hello, I have two windows operating systems Win7 & Win10 on my pc. Win7 is activated however the other is not. Is it possible to activate the Win10 OS with the same product key?...
  9. Lost OS & product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost OS & product key: My Asus notebook came with Windows 8. I made the free upgrade to Windows 10. Following a hard disk calamity I am now without either OS. Asked Asus for a re-installation disk but they couldn't provide one (no explanation given other that not stocked in their shop) Tried...
  10. Windows product key on label differs to retrievd key

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows product key on label differs to retrievd key: UPDATE found my own answer... apparently the key on the label is the OEM key the manufacturer is obliged to give with an OEM product. the ' embedded' key found with magicaljellybean is the volume licensing key that the manufacturer uses to bulk activate multiple PC's...