Windows 10: The product key you entered didn't work

Discus and support The product key you entered didn't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Bought Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1709 Installed from DVD. Installed fine, but came up as Home. Went into Settings/Activation and entered key. Got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeteEnglish, Sep 16, 2018.

1. The product key you entered didn't work

Bought Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1709

Installed from DVD.

Installed fine, but came up as Home.

Went into Settings/Activation and entered key.

Got message back that product key you entered didn't work

0xc004f050

:)

PeteEnglish, Sep 16, 2018

2. Error: 0x80070424, "the product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key or enter a different one" on Windows 10

Thanks Andre,

That does not work. As I stated in my question I get an error code of 0x80070424 "the product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key or enter a different one.

Any other suggestions?

HarveyFolse, Sep 16, 2018
  3. i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Sep 16, 2018
  4. The product key you entered didn't work

Error: 0x80070424, "the product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key or enter a different one" on Windows 10

What did the Chat Support Agent say?

Press Windows key + X

Click System

Under Windows edition, which edition is installed?

Andre Da Costa, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

The product key you entered didn't work

1. The product key you entered didn't work - Similar Threads - product key entered

2. Product key didn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key didn't work: Buy new product key for windows 11 but failed installed." this product key you entered didn't work. 0x80041023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-didnt-work/dd3f0dae-571c-4832-b396-491253a30948
  3. Product key didn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key didn't work: Buy new product key for windows 11 but failed installed." this product key you entered didn't work. 0x80041023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-didnt-work/dd3f0dae-571c-4832-b396-491253a30948
  4. Why does it continue to say"The product key you entered didn't work"? I just purchased...

Why does it continue to say"The product key you entered didn't work"? I just purchased...: Why does it keep saying the product key didn'work. I just purchased this from Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-continue-to-saythe-product-key-you/5f9894da-a94c-471e-950d-e9e4653a0b39
  5. Why does it continue to say"The product key you entered didn't work"? I just purchased...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it continue to say"The product key you entered didn't work"? I just purchased...: Why does it keep saying the product key didn'work. I just purchased this from Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-continue-to-saythe-product-key-you/5f9894da-a94c-471e-950d-e9e4653a0b39
  6. Product Key Didn't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Didn't Work: We just purchased a license to upgrade our laptop from Windows 11 Home to windows 11 Pro. After we input the product key, it says that the product key didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-didnt-work/af0e812f-218e-4182-9be1-c9e6ab309575
  7. Product Key Didn't Work

Product Key Didn't Work: We just purchased a license to upgrade our laptop from Windows 11 Home to windows 11 Pro. After we input the product key, it says that the product key didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-didnt-work/af0e812f-218e-4182-9be1-c9e6ab309575
  8. "The product key you entered didn't work"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "The product key you entered didn't work": Hello, I just bought Windows 10 on the Microsoft website for $139 and got a product key. When I go into settings and enter the product key, I get a message saying the product key didn't work. Why doesn't it work? Thank you....
  9. The Product Key You Entered Didn't Work.Check The Product Key And Try Again,Or Enter A...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The Product Key You Entered Didn't Work.Check The Product Key And Try Again,Or Enter A...: I can't activate the serial key on my Windows 10 Prowith an error code:0xc0000022 whereas before it could, was this a virus malware? please answer me...
  10. The product key you entered did not work, Error 0xc0020036

in Windows 10 News
    The product key you entered did not work, Error 0xc0020036: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to activate your copy of Windows 10 and encounter the Windows 10 activation error 0xc0020036, this article would be helpful for you. This error ideally indicates that the copy of Windows may be a pirated one, [...] This post The product key...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the product key you entered didnt work

2. windows 10 the product key you entered didnt work

3. tutey you entered didnt work

4. the product key that you entered didnt work,
  5. active windows 10 the product key you entered didnt work,
  6. the last product key you entered,
  7. thr product key you entered didnt work,
  8. the product key you entered didnt wprk,
  9. the product key you entered didn t work,
  10. product key you entered didnt work,
  11. the last product key you entered cant be used on this copy of windows after motherboard swap,
  12. productkey entered didnt work,
  13. microsoft the product key you entered didnt work,
  14. windows 10 upgrade the product key you entered didnt work,
  15. product key didnt work 0xc004f050