Windows 10: The product key you typed cannot be used to activate Windows on this computer

Discus and support The product key you typed cannot be used to activate Windows on this computer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you receive the following message when you try to activate your Windows, the […] This article The product key you typed cannot be used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 22, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

The product key you typed cannot be used to activate Windows on this computer

WinClub, Dec 22, 2020

2. type key product

[table][tr][td]0xC004E003[/td][td]The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed.[/td][/tr][/table]

If you received one of the error codes in this list, go to method C.

Method C: Use the "Change product key" feature to enter your product key again

This method is rated: Easy.

If you were directed to this method, you have the correct product key, but you have to try entering it again to reactivate Windows. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start

The product key you typed cannot be used to activate Windows on this computer 4013440_en_1.jpg

, click Computer, and then click System properties on the toolbar.
    2. In the Windows activation section, click the Change product key. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click
      Continue.
    3. In the Product key box, type the product key, and then click
      Next.

Note Use your original product key.
    4. Follow the steps in the Windows Activation Wizard to complete the activation process.
    If this method worked, you are finished.

If this method did not work for you, go to method G.

Etc>

List of Activation error codes and what to do about them:

Error message when you try to activate Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
    "An error has occurred"

Contact Microsoft:

The COA sticker, which has the Product Key on it, is either on the underside of the Laptop or in the Battery Compartment.

With a Desktop it is either on the side, rear or top of the Computer Case.

The product key you typed cannot be used to activate Windows on this computer gsPE6.gif

Activate Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 - Windows Help - Microsoft Support

When you begin activation, Windows will try to use your Internet connection to activate online. If you have problems activating online, you can activate using the phone.

If you have to use Phone Activation, read this detailed information about using that method:

"How to Activate Windows 7 by Phone"

Activate Windows 7 by Phone - Windows 7 Help Forums

If you have problems using that method contact Microsoft Support:

To contact Microsoft Support:

Contact support

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/contact-support

Also:
    https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-au/contact/menu/software/windows/setup/

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Rado D Win User
    Pop-up window saying:The product key cannot be used on this computer

I've just received this pop-up message saying The entered product key cannot be used on this computer,while my product key is 100% legal,I've got my Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium from pre-order..anybody knows whats behind this??It just came so random,cos my Windows was fully activated..

Rado D, Dec 22, 2020
  4. The product key you typed cannot be used to activate Windows on this computer

Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

The product key you typed cannot be used to activate Windows on this computer

1. The product key you typed cannot be used to activate Windows on this computer - Similar Threads - product key typed

2. Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.: I just got this computer and downgraded it to Windows 10. Now, it states Windows was already active on another computer. How do I get the product key to change it or otherwise fix?...
  3. Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.: I just got this computer and downgraded it to Windows 10. Now, it states Windows was already active on another computer. How do I get the product key to change it or otherwise fix?...
  4. Windows Will Not Activate. Product key already in use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product keys and their types.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product keys and their types.: Hello, I am Komosh. I have completed building my PC. Now I am installing Windows 10 and it says me to enter a product key. So I want to know,1. where can I get that key? And,2. what are the different types of keys MS provides to normal persons?...
  6. Product keys and their types.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product keys and their types.: Hello, I am Komosh. I have completed building my PC. Now I am installing Windows 10 and it says me to enter a product key. So I want to know,1. where can I get that key? And,2. what are the different types of keys MS provides to normal persons?...
  7. Product keys and their types.

8. Activating Windows 10 using product key

Activating Windows 10 using product key: So I got windows 10 for my PC some time ago, but have only recently purchased a product key. Both are official not pirated. Upon opening the activation menu I get this messageI am connected to the internet through wifi yet this error will not go away. It also appears upon...
  9. Windows 10 activation using a product key

Windows 10 activation using a product key: When I bought y laptop a few years ago, it had Windows 8 installed. I later upgraded to Windows 10. The hard drive later crashed and when I replaced it, it had Windows 10 Pro installed, but this is now deactivated. I have since bought a Windows 10 Home Product key but I am...
  10. You must use a valid product key to activate Windows – 0x800704cF

in Windows 10 News
    You must use a valid product key to activate Windows – 0x800704cF: [ATTACH] Windows Activation system keeps checking for validity of your key from time to time. Assuming you have a genuine key and all of a sudden you have received Windows Activation Error 0x800704cF, then this error means we didn’t find a valid [...] This post You must use...