Windows 10: The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.964 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed

Discus and support The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.964 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; explorer.exe stopped responding and hanged. I had to go to task manager and restarted the service. Now how it is happening is very interesting to know.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SHUBHAM NIMBALKAR, May 19, 2021.

1. The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.964 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed

explorer.exe stopped responding and hanged. I had to go to task manager and restarted the service. Now how it is happening is very interesting to know. I changed a setting in view tab of file explorer. The setting I changed was viewing details pane. Now when I turn off this setting I am able to enter into every folder. Now as soon as I change the setting view details pane on I tried to enter into a specific folder the explorer.exe got hanged. Now when I change the same setting to off I was able to enter into that folder and no hang problem. But the issue is when I change the same setting to of

:)

SHUBHAM NIMBALKAR, May 19, 2021
  2. Mr Morgan Win User

Explorer stops interacting with Windows and closes

I wonder if anyone can help?

Since yesterday, one of my PCs has effectively frozen where Windows Explorer is concerned. It takes several minutes to perform the simplest task, such as a file transfer. In addition to this, the Windows taskbar and start menu freeeze.

Windows Settings are also unavailable.

Looking into Event Viewer, which seems to take an eternity to load, I see the following:

The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.964 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed [​IMG]

Firstly, I must apologise for the image (and the one below) which was a photograph of the PC's screen: the various tools in Windows for images are inaccessible. More relevant however is that this message indicates that Explorer has failed, but why? Although I am advised to look in the Security and Maintenance control panel, there is nothing there to see.

I also notice a series of other repeating messages as follows:

The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.964 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed [​IMG]

However, for each of these another message soon announces that this process has successfully completed.

I do not know if these messages are related or not, and there appears to be nothing wrong in Windows's Device Manager. I am reasonably sure that the hardware is alright as well despite this being an old PC: everything was alright on Thursday when the PC was last used.

The PC is Windows 10 and updates are very recent. The current version is 20H2 (Build 19042.928).

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Mr Morgan, May 19, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 19, 2021
  4. The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.964 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed

Windows Explorer stop interacting with Windows

The program explorer.exe version 10.0.10586.104 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 1164

Start Time: 01d1787ab8cad73b

Termination Time: 0

Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Report Id: 2e70536a-e46e-11e5-bf95-8434977bc6d8

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Please note SFC /scannow didnt report any problem

RupanjanNayak, May 19, 2021
Thema:

The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.964 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed

1. The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.964 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed - Similar Threads - program explorer exe

2. The program explorer.exe version 10.0.17763.3887 stopped interacting with Windows and was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The program explorer.exe version 10.0.17763.3887 stopped interacting with Windows and was...: Dear MSMy windows servers exoloere.exe have stop and not responding all the time. the error message : The program explorer.exe version 10.0.17763.3887 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem...
  3. The program explorer.exe version 10.0.17763.3887 stopped interacting with Windows and was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The program explorer.exe version 10.0.17763.3887 stopped interacting with Windows and was...: Dear MSMy windows servers exoloere.exe have stop and not responding all the time. the error message : The program explorer.exe version 10.0.17763.3887 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem...
  4. the program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.1682 stopped interacting with Windows and was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.1682 stopped interacting with Windows and was...: The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.1682 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.I got all 3 updates for May 2022 but had issues with kb5013942, it took 15 minutes before I was able to enter my pin, then another 30 to 60 minutes to get to the desktop,...
  5. the program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.1682 stopped interacting with Windows and was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.1682 stopped interacting with Windows and was...: The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.1682 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.I got all 3 updates for May 2022 but had issues with kb5013942, it took 15 minutes before I was able to enter my pin, then another 30 to 60 minutes to get to the desktop,...
  6. the program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.1682 stopped interacting with Windows and was...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.844 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.844 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed: Hello this is my first time i'm here.So i have a problem with my window.I have tried runningalmost everything I know as well as on the internet hoping to fix it but it still doesn't work+ Run CMD Admin > sfc, DISM , ....+ Services+ Install/Uninstall Update+ Regedit Registry...
  8. Explorer stops interacting with Windows and closes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer stops interacting with Windows and closes: I wonder if anyone can help? Since yesterday, one of my PCs has effectively frozen where Windows Explorer is concerned. It takes several minutes to perform the simplest task, such as a file transfer. In addition to this, the Windows taskbar and start menu freeeze. Windows...
  9. The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.746 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.746 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed: Explorer.exe ERROR Log Name: Application Source: Application Hang Date: 1/28/2021 9:34:29 PM Event ID: 1002 Task Category: 101 Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-ODH82NF Description: The...
  10. A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows 10: Hello, All of a sudden yesterday a program that I use regularly (SAS 9.4 installed locally on my PC with Windows 10) slowed to a snails pace and then stopped responding. I found the following message in a maintenance log on my PC but don;t know how to proceed to fix...