Windows 10: The publisher of this app doesn’t allow it to be moved to a different location, Error...

Discus and support The publisher of this app doesn’t allow it to be moved to a different location, Error... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows 10 allows you to set the default location of apps, photos, documents, and other stuff to another drive if you wish to. It helps […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 23, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

The publisher of this app doesn’t allow it to be moved to a different location, Error...

WinClub, Jul 23, 2020

2. How do I unblock a publisher in windows 10?

I have gone through the steps as suggested above BUT interestingly don't see an publisher listed under the "Untrusted Publishers" but still get the same error box as shared above.

Screenshot

I wonder why?

Tanveer Malik, Jul 31, 2020
  3. spmcd Win User
    Untrusted Publisher in Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro on my HP laptop I cannot install software for my fingerprint reader because the publisher, HP, is untrusted.

I have tried allowing sideloading apps, turning off Windows Smart Screen and changing the User Account Control settings to no avail.

Disabling Windows Smart Screen did bring up a different error window, but with basically the same message: Untrusted Publisher.

The only place I could find where untrusted publishers are located was through the old Internet Explorer and there are none listed.

Can anyone tell me where untrusted publishers are kept in Windows 10? Or how I can add HP as a trusted publisher?

spmcd, Jul 31, 2020
  4. The publisher of this app doesn’t allow it to be moved to a different location, Error...

Maps app can not determine my location

Hi Ron, my name is Martin and I'm an Independent Advisor. I'll try to help you here.

I suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

1. Press and hold Windows + I buttons and open Settings.

2. Look for the Location tab and click on it.

3. On the left side, look for “Allow apps to access your location”.

4. Toggle ON the switch below.

5. Scroll down to see the list of app that you allow access to your location.

6. Look for Maps to make sure that the switch in ON.

Martin Jenkinss, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

The publisher of this app doesn’t allow it to be moved to a different location, Error...

1. The publisher of this app doesn’t allow it to be moved to a different location, Error... - Similar Threads - publisher app doesn’t

2. Taskbar Location Moved and error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Location Moved and error: Good Afternoon,This morning, I just tried to uninstall an application on my Desktop, when it suddenly crashed and restarted my Desktop.Somehow, the taskbar just moved to the right side and shows nothing but this picture attached in the...
  3. Taskbar Location Moved and error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Location Moved and error: Good Afternoon,This morning, I just tried to uninstall an application on my Desktop, when it suddenly crashed and restarted my Desktop.Somehow, the taskbar just moved to the right side and shows nothing but this picture attached in the...
  4. Can we fix "allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can we fix "allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes": I sometimes install apps that return "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device ?" every time they start. I understand the is because there is a mismatch in the publisher name in the project properties in the app. I have found a...
  5. Trying to move app to a different drive, Error Code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to move app to a different drive, Error Code 0x80070005: Hi! I just downloaded the game called "Sea of Thieves" via Xbox Game Pass on my Windows 10 Home PC x64. i had to delete a bunch of stuff to make it fit on my primary SSD where Windows runs from. I'd like to move it to my HDD with lots of space, but when i try to do so via...
  6. Same app installed twice with different locations.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same app installed twice with different locations.: Hello. Is there a way to install the same app twice in different drives and have their data and cache saved in their respective drives instead of the default location where windows is installed? Thank you....
  7. Sequential copy/move to different locations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sequential copy/move to different locations: Anyone know if it is possible to have a multiple files/folder copied to different locations sequentially? For example folder c:\music\ABBA copied to f:\music\ABBA and then copy c:\downloads\archives to g:\archives and then copy f:\games to g:\games. If I select those files...
  8. Different Publisher Name (supposed to be the same)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Different Publisher Name (supposed to be the same): My Adobe Programs got 2 publiher names. They are "Adobe Systems, Inc." and "Adobe Systems Incorporated" So should I trust these programs or uninstaling one out of them ? [ATTACH] Is it safe for my computer? Please anyone, I'm panic right now......
  9. Allow App from Unknown Publisher - disable for a single app

Allow App from Unknown Publisher - disable for a single app: I've perused the threads in this forum that deal with UAC and bottom line is that every solution offered is worthless. Nothing works. I've unblocked the relevant .exe files with PowerShell, there are no "unblock" checkboxes in properties, etc. etc. It shouldn't be that...
  10. Way to move MESSENGER posting coordinates to different screen location

Way to move MESSENGER posting coordinates to different screen location: Thanks for any and all replies. Is there a way to move the screen coordinates of where MESSENGER information is posted on the screen to a screen location further to the left or higher to the left? Thanks,.. Cliff 92962