Windows 10: The Question about Buying a Windows 11 license

Discus and support The Question about Buying a Windows 11 license in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Tell me, is it possible to buy a Digital license for Windows 11 Home in the Store app if I have a laptop without an operating system, brand new and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexandrSU, Nov 23, 2021.

1. The Question about Buying a Windows 11 license

Hi. Tell me, is it possible to buy a Digital license for Windows 11 Home in the Store app if I have a laptop without an operating system, brand new and plan to install Windows 11, or would it be illegal in this case?

:)

AlexandrSU, Nov 23, 2021

2. Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM

I have a Windows 10 Pro machine which supports virtualization.

I want to create a hyper-V VM running Windows 10 as the guest host. I have some questions on licensing and any activation issues that might occur
    1. I expect I'll need to buy a 2nd Win 10 license
      • Does it need to be a retail license?
      • Or can I a buy an OEM license? (I’ll always use the 2nd license for a virtual machine on the same PC but never run more then one VM at a time)
    2. If i wanted to create multiple VMs (gen-1 and gen-2) could I use that 2nd license each time? Again, assuming i'll never actually having more then one VM running at a time.
    3. And just curious: Does anyone know if MS simply recognizes 2 licenses both for the same PC? If I did a fresh reinstall in the future, would it make any difference which license i lthen used for the PC and which for the VM?

ComputerGeek, Nov 23, 2021
  3. Conor1974 Win User
    License Transfer question

So I found this on the MS website.

Add Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack to your edition of Windows 8.1

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    • Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
    • Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.1 and then do one of the following:
      • If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.
        Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.
      • If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.
    • Enter your product key and click Next.
    • Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

Would this be the way to do it? And would it matter that this would be the US version and not UK?

Thanks
      Conor

Conor1974, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Mystere Win User

The Question about Buying a Windows 11 license

Buying a Windows Server License

Server 2016 is not yet for sale. You can, however, buy Server 2012 and 2012R2 from various resellers, although most "official" resellers are likely out of stock since MS is in the middle of transitioning from 2012 to 2016.

Here's some resellers that sell through Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=new

Most people don't buy Windows Server at retail, they tend to buy it through volume licensing, which you can still get.

Mystere, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

The Question about Buying a Windows 11 license

1. The Question about Buying a Windows 11 license - Similar Threads - Question Buying license

2. A question about licenses

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A question about licenses: Well I do often format my pc when needed ( long time no clean for example ) or when i change a core Pc component like motherboard or CPU. This time i haven't formatted my pc but changed motherboard and cpu and seems that suddenly that i do not own a windows license because...
  3. Question about Windows License Terms

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows License Terms: What does Microsoft mean by saying in the Microsoft software license terms, installation and use rights, license: "Updating or upgrading from non-genuine software with software from Microsoft or authorized sources does not make your original version or the updated/upgraded...
  4. Question about Windows License Terms

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows License Terms: What does Microsoft mean by saying in the Microsoft software license terms, installation and use rights, license: "Updating or upgrading from non-genuine software with software from Microsoft or authorized sources does not make your original version or the updated/upgraded...
  5. The Question about Buying a Windows 11 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Question about Buying a Windows 11 license: Hi. Tell me, is it possible to buy a Digital license for Windows 11 Home in the Store app if I have a laptop without an operating system, brand new and plan to install Windows 11, or would it be illegal in this case?...
  6. A question about windows License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A question about windows License: I had\have an Acer Office PC that originally came with Windows 8.1 that got upgraded to W10,I don't have a key and I'm guessing the license was tied to the motherboard.When I built my gaming PC I tied the license to my Microsoft account so I wouldn't have to buy a windows...
  7. Question about win10 license

Question about win10 license: Hello. I just bought myself a copy of Win10 Home. Shortly after I was told that it was a waste of money because Windows 10 is free. I can see that on Microsoft's site there's a download for it, but is it something you still need to purchase a key for to activate? I am a...
  8. Question about buying windows.

Question about buying windows.: To be honest. I do not know if my version of windows is genuine, my older tech savvy friend gave it to me. It came activated and all good. Recently I've been having issues with downloads not working. Files randomly deleting things like that. So my question is, is the 200+$...
  9. Questions about buying Windows10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions about buying Windows10: In China, there is a website called genuine China.The current discount sales Windows 10 home edition and professional edition, details address: https://getitfree.cn/21732.html, buy address: https://www.aiviy.com/item/windows/.Is this true?And how is he activated?...
  10. Question about buying a 2nd SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about buying a 2nd SSD: This would be considered for any HDD or SSD. Is there a way I can link the two drives together with the same drive letter or should I use MKLINK to create Links the second drive. Also I forget which type of link to use to directly store files to another location while not...