Windows 10: The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,...

Discus and support The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads, documents! How do I get them back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by L. CherylHigdon, Feb 7, 2019.

1. The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,...

The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads, documents! How do I get them back?

:)

L. CherylHigdon, Feb 7, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Feb 7, 2019
  4. The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,...

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,...

1. The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,... - Similar Threads - recent update Jan

2. Accidental deletion of all personal files on WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidental deletion of all personal files on WIN 10: Converted to Windows 10 recently. One issue from the conversion was creation of duplicate sets of files, including my all important DOCUMENTS file. Stupidly, I tried to delete one of them & this deleted both sets of files. The DOCUMENTS file both of them was too big for...
  3. Update Windows XP to Windows 10 and delete all personal files?

Update Windows XP to Windows 10 and delete all personal files?: Hi, I have a couple of Windows XP laptops that I want to clean out all the personal information and update to Windows 10. Do I need to update to windows 7 to be able to update to windows 10? Can I directly update to windows 10 from XP. Are there any tutorials that will...
  4. Windows 10 update deleted all my files from desktop and downloades

Windows 10 update deleted all my files from desktop and downloades: this most recent update was a pain in the butt.. all my files deleted and without warning. that being said after I was able to find them in the windows old folder.. cool moved them all back to desktop and documents ans downloads folder in current windows after update. all...
  5. Windows have deleted all of my personal files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows have deleted all of my personal files: Just turned on my computer to find all my files gone what now? submitted by /u/69cole96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gq8wju/windows_have_deleted_all_of_my_personal_files/
  6. Windows 10 Update Deleted All My Files

Windows 10 Update Deleted All My Files: Windows 10 updated and all my files are gone. I tried retrieving it from the windows.old file but it was empty. All my pictures were on my computer and now they are completely gone and this is ridiculous that an update my computer said it needed completely wiped my computer....
  7. Windows Update Sep 2019 Deleted all my files.

Windows Update Sep 2019 Deleted all my files.: Hi, Windows update just wiped all my files. It ugraded the OS and it kept my apps - but its removed everything else, and reset all my settings back to defaults. I saw something saying old documents were in Windows.old, but that userprofile is empty too. Where is my stuff?...
  8. It seems the recent windows 10 update has deleted all my files and folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It seems the recent windows 10 update has deleted all my files and folders.: i updated to the new windows 10 patch and though i didn't like it as all my browser setting and bookmarks and favourites were removed and it took me ages to locate all my files and folders (i knew they were there as i checked how much memory i had left), the next day my...
  9. Feb 12, 2019 Wins 10 automatic update has either deleted or hidden all of my personal files

Feb 12, 2019 Wins 10 automatic update has either deleted or hidden all of my personal files: First - please do not send any responses of what I SHOULD have done -- e.g. backed up on a regular basis. ISSUE -- after an automatic update on February 12, 2019, all of my personal files were gone. When I tried to access them through the Office Application e.g. Word...
  10. Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates

Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates: Hi All, After Jan 2019 Patch installation on my windows 10 machines, looks like network drivers lost both wired and wireless. Strange is I didn't had local account created in that machine we were using azure Directory account, and all local accounts are disable, please any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update deleted everything 2019

2. windows 10 update deleted my files

3. windows 10 deletes programs 2019

4. my documents 2019,
  5. lost all my files from windows update feb 2019,
  6. windows 10 update deleted my files 2019,
  7. windows update deletes files,
  8. microsoft update lost files,
  9. i have lost all my personal files in outlook 2019,
  10. windows update lost my desktop 2019,
  11. windows 10 update has removed all my files,