Windows 10: The recently window update may cause my SP SSD to fail.

Discus and support The recently window update may cause my SP SSD to fail. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the recently Window 10 update, my SP SSD failed in the following ways: after logging in the window, it took 4 - 5 minutes to load instead of 2 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GG6WW, Apr 21, 2019.

1. GG6WW Win User

The recently window update may cause my SP SSD to fail.

After the recently Window 10 update, my SP SSD failed in the following ways: after logging in the window, it took 4 - 5 minutes to load instead of 2 -

3 seconds in the past before it could properly function. One time, there was even a screen showing my C:/ driver was broken and repairing in

progress. Then I cleared my C driver: 105 out of 223Gb is empty now. The above problem vanished but there is a new one: when I was playing

Hearthstone, it and all other functions of windows were not responsive for 5 mins. After that, the window runs normally.

:)

GG6WW, Apr 21, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Apr 21, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 21, 2019
  4. The recently window update may cause my SP SSD to fail.

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

The recently window update may cause my SP SSD to fail.

1. The recently window update may cause my SP SSD to fail. - Similar Threads - recently window update

2. Updates may have caused a WINDOWS problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates may have caused a WINDOWS problem: On July 13 I received some MSN Updates: KB5038182, KB5028938 [this one seemed to have been issued twice] and MSRT.After the Restart, I noticed that my Taskbar had turned white. Going to "Personalisation", I found I couldn't change anything to where it should be. I'm staving...
  3. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent update caused BSOD: HelloFollowing the latest windows updates trying to load games caused BSOD. On the third try it seemed to corrupt the start up sequence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-caused-bsod/c26ebfd4-f1ce-491a-8d07-b7b9da17a4e8
  4. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update caused BSOD: HelloFollowing the latest windows updates trying to load games caused BSOD. On the third try it seemed to corrupt the start up sequence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-caused-bsod/c26ebfd4-f1ce-491a-8d07-b7b9da17a4e8
  5. Windows 11 May update causing errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 May update causing errors: After updating my Windows 11 software to the May update, I have been coming up into a whole bunch of system errors.First, my Lenovo Vantage app would no longer open and would be stuck in a loop stating that I need to install my service for it again although it already was...
  6. Windows 11 May update causing errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 May update causing errors: After updating my Windows 11 software to the May update, I have been coming up into a whole bunch of system errors.First, my Lenovo Vantage app would no longer open and would be stuck in a loop stating that I need to install my service for it again although it already was...
  7. The recent update caused problems to my PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The recent update caused problems to my PC.: After updating a few days ago, there were a couple of changes on my PC. First big change is that the microphone on my headset is not working properly. Prior to the update it was working perfectly fine but now my voice sounds very far away and muffled, and it fluctuates...
  8. Windows May 2019 update fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows May 2019 update fails: About 3 weeks ago I decided to update my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10, since the 1803 version is nearing end of support. I chose the Windows 10 1809 October because for a month or two I had been trying to update straight to Windows 10 1903 through Windows Update,...
  9. Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?: I'm seeing a lot of questions here that each have the same problems that I have been encountering. Im about to flip out. I cant tell if I'm being hacked or is it the new additions"features " aka updates. Everything is going haywire. And there is a lot of extra I haven't...
  10. My SP SSD failed after the last Window 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My SP SSD failed after the last Window 10 update: Once my computer updated, I logged in the Window but it took me much more time to load compared to the past. Sometimes some other functions are not responsive. What is the fix?...