Windows 10: The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle

Discus and support The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 101 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.450) ========================================================================= The Recycle Bin on D:\ is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GMS Group, Sep 3, 2020.

1. GMS Group Win User

The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle

Windows 101 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.450)
    =========================================================================
    The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

My actions to cause that error:
    C: and D: are two partitions on one drive.
    I needed more space from the D: partition for drive C:
    I used AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro to resize the partitions.

After rebooting my PC I couldn`t access Disk D:

I searched for a fix and found this video which I followed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl59ODaP6no
    (it basically shows how to fix security issues)

I followed the tutorial and can now access the drive D: but when I click on a folder or file in the D: directory I get the following error:
    The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

I found this Fix: The Recycle Bin Is Corrupted In Windows 10 - 2019 and ran (rd /s /q D:\$Recycle.bin) and I get this error:

Remove-Item : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '/q'.At line:1 char:1+ rd /s /q D:\$Recycle.bin+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle :)) [Remove-Item], ParameterBindingException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.RemoveItemCommand
    I then tried to reset the Recycle Bin via the Recycle Bin on the desktop. Nothing changed
    I then than sfc /scannow

sfc /scannow results:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Any help will be appreciated
    Thank you

:)

GMS Group, Sep 3, 2020

2. D:/ Recycle Bin is Corrupted

Hello Robert,

The tutorial below can help show you step by step on how to fix the corrupted Recycle Bin on your "D" drive.

Fix Corrupted Recycle Bin in Windows

Shawn Brink, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 3, 2020
  4. The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle

Corrupted recycle bin

When I turn on the computer each day, I get a message "The Recycle Bin on G:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this Drive\?" Drive G is where I have my Passport external drive for backup. Any suggestions on how to address and resolve this? Thanks.

davidlaw69, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle

1. The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin corrupted

2. The Recycle Bin on E:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Recycle Bin on E:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?: Hi, I have Windows 10 and recently installed a new SSD to get more space. It is working fine normally, but every time after a Windows update or after my laptop restarted itself, it gives the message "The Recycle Bin on E:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin...
  3. The Recycle Bin on E:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Recycle Bin on E:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?: Hi, I have Windows 10 and recently installed a new SSD to get more space. It is working fine normally, but every time after a Windows update or after my laptop restarted itself, it gives the message "The Recycle Bin on E:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin...
  4. The Recycle Bin on E:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The Recycle Bin on C:\\is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Recycle Bin on C:\\is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?: [ATTACH] “The Recycle Bin on C:\\is corrupted. Do you want to emptythe Recycle Bin for this drive?” System info: Dell Inc. OptiPlex 3020; Win10 Pro 20H2; IntelRCoreTM i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 1024KB Level 2 cache, 8,192 MB RAM, ST500DM002-1BD142465.76GB IDE What I have...
  6. The Recycle Bin on E:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Recycle Bin on E:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?: [ATTACH] This error showed up when I started windows today morning. I know 1 reason why this message showed up. 3-4 days ago, I used the cipher command using command prompt for E-drive. Maybe this could be the reason for this error. Now what should I do? Yes or No? I am...
  7. The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle: Windows 101 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.450) ========================================================================= The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive? My actions to cause that error: C: and D: are two partitions on...
  8. Recycle bin for C:/ is corrupt do you want to empty reycle bin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recycle bin for C:/ is corrupt do you want to empty reycle bin: The problem I have is on a domain PC running Windows 10. When the PC starts up it shows the lock screen with ctrl-alt-delete to unlock. On ctrl-alt-delete it goes to a recycle bin error “Recycle bin for drive C:/ is corrupt do you want to empty recycle bin”. At this point...
  9. D:/ Recycle Bin is Corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    D:/ Recycle Bin is Corrupted: Hi. I recently deleted Norton antivirus. Since then, a pop-up started coming up saying: The Recycle Bin on D:/ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive? I press Yes, but a pop-up comes up saying: Access Denied. Ask permission from administrator....
  10. D:/ Recycle Bin is Corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D:/ Recycle Bin is Corrupted: Hi. I recently deleted Norton antivirus. Since then, a pop-up started coming up saying: The Recycle Bin on D:/ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive? I press Yes, but a pop-up comes up saying: Access Denied. Ask permission from administrator....