Windows 10: The referenced account is currently being locked out and may not be logged on to

Discus and support The referenced account is currently being locked out and may not be logged on to in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I am working on security hardening on a window and forgot my password. The reference account is being locked now and I cant login to my admin... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Tyler Teh, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Tyler Teh Win User

The referenced account is currently being locked out and may not be logged on to

Hello, I am working on security hardening on a window and forgot my password. The reference account is being locked now and I cant login to my admin account too. The account being locked is a Microsoft account.

Bit locker is done on C drive, and the reset account lockout counter after is set to 99999 minutes.

Any suggestion or idea how to solve this?

Thank You.

:)

Tyler Teh, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 16, 2020
  3. the referenced account is locked out (after Windows 10 upgrade)

Hi,

I recently upgraded my PC from windows 7 to windows 10 last week =. If I leave my pc idle, it logs me out and when I try to login it gives me the following error "the referenced account is currently
    locked out and may not be logged on to" . After multiple attempts it allows me to login in to my PC.

My PC is a user in the network and don't have administrator privilege. Called the Network administrator, no help provided yet.

any suggestion will be much appreciated.

BinnyJaichander, Mar 16, 2020
  4. The referenced account is currently being locked out and may not be logged on to

windows 10 changed my log in username and password know i'm locked out

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are using a Microsoft Account to log into the computer?
    • Do you have another user account?
    • If yes, then log in to the other account and delete the account that is inaccessible.
    Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if it resolves your issue:

• Go to the Lock Screen, press the Shift button and the
      Power Icon located on the right bottom corner of the screen.

• Then Click on Restart, then a prompt will appear to
      Restart anyway, click on it. This will take you to the Recovery Environment.

• Once there, click on Troubleshoot, then
      Advance Option. You will see Command prompt option click on it. This will run a diagnostic and fix the issue that are persisting in your system.

Step 2: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• Right click on the Start button, and select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.
    Once the you have access to account go to you sons account and delete it.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

The referenced account is currently being locked out and may not be logged on to

1. The referenced account is currently being locked out and may not be logged on to - Similar Threads - referenced account currently

2. “The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to” error on...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    “The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to” error on...: This has happened twice. Once for the Admin local administrative account, and once for the User local user account. I'm running 22H2, build 19045.4170, Pro.Neither account had been unlocked since being screensaver-locked for several hours. The Admin account had been locked...
  3. The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.: Hi,My corporate microsoft account was locked. The 30-minute waiting didn’t work for me also. The problem did not result from repeated incorrect password attempts.From what I remember, I used a different workstation/pc to log-in and this problem has started ever since. I...
  4. The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.: Hi,My corporate microsoft account was locked. The 30-minute waiting didn’t work for me also. The problem did not result from repeated incorrect password attempts.From what I remember, I used a different workstation/pc to log-in and this problem has started ever since. I...
  5. Never set password - The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged into

Never set password - The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged into: I bought a new Asus laptop with Windows 11. Everything worked when I first used it, but I forgot to set the password for the device. Apparently this is required to log into Windows. I shut off the device, and when I later turned it on, the login screen brought me to the...
  6. The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to. windows11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to. windows11...: The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.I am trying since 20 hours but your solution didn't work.i can not able to logged in to my laptop and unable to reset my laptop using key shift+ restart. i have Acer swift 3 i5 ,12500h laptop...
  7. The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to. windows11...

The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to. windows11...: The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.I am trying since 20 hours but your solution didn't work.i can not able to logged in to my laptop and unable to reset my laptop using key shift+ restart. i have Acer swift 3 i5 ,12500h laptop...
  8. the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to: I just bought a new laptop and connected it to my microsoft account. Was able to set everything up and I was able to use it last night. When done, I shut down the computer and this morning when I try to log in again so I can use my laptop for work, it shows "the referenced...
  9. the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to

the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to: I just bought a new laptop and connected it to my microsoft account. Was able to set everything up and I was able to use it last night. When done, I shut down the computer and this morning when I try to log in again so I can use my laptop for work, it shows "the referenced...
  10. the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging