Windows 10: The Registry Editor cannot rename Key. Error while renaming key.

Discus and support The Registry Editor cannot rename Key. Error while renaming key. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to rename Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal registry key but I am getting below error: "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KamleshKanazariya, Jan 31, 2019.

1. The Registry Editor cannot rename Key. Error while renaming key.

I am trying to rename Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal registry key but I am getting below error: "The Registry Editor cannot rename Key. Error while renaming key."

I have changed ownership to my User (Kamlesh) but still that Issue present. The Registry Editor cannot rename Key. Error while renaming key. 47ba02db-33ae-4439-9a97-7de7086fecee?upload=true.png The Registry Editor cannot rename Key. Error while renaming key. 7e52a5ae-1a1d-4d95-8c34-7b6ec56b8a15?upload=true.png

:)

KamleshKanazariya, Jan 31, 2019
  2. asyntax Win User

ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Jan 31, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Rename folder

Hi Peter, those are not folders, they are Windows Libraries and are not meant to be renamed . . .

Click your Start Button, type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor

Navigate to this Key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Please provide a screenshot of that Registry Editor Window . . .

DaveM121, Jan 31, 2019
  4. The Registry Editor cannot rename Key. Error while renaming key.

PC switched me to a temporary user profile

I'm having trouble with step 7 where I delete or even just rename the corrupted file. When I try to delete or rename, I get the error message that says "Registry Editor cannot delete/rename - Error while deleting/renaming key." I've tried to go in and change the permission to give me full access to editing that key, but I then get an error message that says "Registry Editor could not set security in the key selected or some of its subkeys."

buonafortuna, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

The Registry Editor cannot rename Key. Error while renaming key.

1. The Registry Editor cannot rename Key. Error while renaming key. - Similar Threads - Registry Editor cannot

2. Renaming error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Renaming error: I'm experiencing a renaming error. This is what happened, I renamed dozens of folders, I moved them out of the current folder and I found out that they reverted to the previous names. I tried undo ctrl+z to move them back and their names still didn't change....
  3. Renaming error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming error: I'm experiencing a renaming error. This is what happened, I renamed dozens of folders, I moved them out of the current folder and I found out that they reverted to the previous names. I tried undo ctrl+z to move them back and their names still didn't change....
  4. The Registry Editor cannot rename, The specified key name already exists

in Windows 10 News
    The Registry Editor cannot rename, The specified key name already exists: [ATTACH]This post shows how to fix the Registry Editor cannot rename the specified key; name already exists error. Windows sometimes throw an error message when you try to rename a key in the Registry Editor. The error says: Error Renaming Value. The Registry Editor cannot...
  5. cannot rename the key in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot rename the key in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...: I want to set the priority of Fortnite-Win64-Shipping.exe to high and have to rename a new key here.I have changed ownership to both User and Scarletcurrymy User,but still that Issue present....
  6. cannot rename the key in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot rename the key in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...: I want to set the priority of Fortnite-Win64-Shipping.exe to high and have to rename a new key here.I have changed ownership to both User and Scarletcurrymy User,but still that Issue present....
  7. Rename Application in Registry Edit

Rename Application in Registry Edit: Rename Application in Registry Edit Below I have attached two screen shots describing my situation. I am trying to change the Display Name in Appwiz.cpl programs and features control panel for an application that is already installed. I think this application was installed...
  8. Cannot rename folder in register editor

Cannot rename folder in register editor: We changed Excel2016 to O365.Then third party's add-in for Excel failed to be installed.As add-in provider explains, the folder name in registry editor should be 15.0.0.0 under “policy.12.0.Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel” but it remains 14.0.0.0. As I checked another PC,...
  9. Cannot rename file ... yet shows as renamed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot rename file ... yet shows as renamed.: I have no idea how to search for this. Copying the folder to a different HDD still inherits the same problem in that another location. I have a HDD (G:) from another computer. On it, there was a backup of my pictures. The folder is located g:\pictures. I renamed it to...
  10. Renaming Function Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Renaming Function Keys: On a Laptop, how to rename FKeys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-function-keys/33bcc8e0-0574-4035-8e61-fc207bf1d87f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the registry editor cannot rename

2. registry editor cannot rename error

3. error while renaming key

4. cannot rename registry key,
  5. the registry editor cannot rename. Error renaming value.,
  6. fix the registry editor cannot rename. error wjole renaming keu,
  7. regedit error rename,
  8. registry error error while renaming value,
  9. win 10 regedit error while rename,
  10. regedit cant rename,
  11. windows 10 regedit cannot rename,